Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Fly-Aways in Gesture Mode?
479 5 2018-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RobG007
lvl.2
Flight distance : 256 ft
South Africa

Not sure if I have seen any discussion on this? Have there been any reported cases of fly-aways when flying the Spark in face-aware / gesture mode only, no phone or RC?
2018-1-14
Use props
MKPSG12
First Officer
Flight distance : 341073 ft
United Kingdom

This has happened to me when i was using Gesture mode, fortunately i had the RC with me as well and was able to stop it - it just started moving forwards/above me for no reason
2018-1-14
Use props
Jetje200
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14006 ft
Netherlands

just a tip: before entering gesture mode always connect a phone/tablet or RC so you can gain control in case of a emergency
2018-1-14
Use props
Spready
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70581 ft
United Kingdom

Not a flyaway.. But a drop! I have posted about this before... Coming into land on palm after full palm control lift off and small flight. Hovered about 6" above palm as if to start final land sequence, then suddenly moved back and then dropped from position.. Onto concrete!

We have not used palm control since..
2018-1-14
Use props
DJI Elektra
Administrator
China

I agreed with Jetje. Using RC will help the situation. I would recommend you read our manual carefully to better control the gesture mode. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-15
Use props
Malakai_UK
Captain
Flight distance : 245312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-15 00:36
I agreed with Jetje. Using RC will help the situation. I would recommend you read our manual carefully to better control the gesture mode. Thanks for your support.

I was under the assumption that Gesture mode was going to be for those moments when you don't want to have to get out all your kit just to send it up and take a selfie.

I have created a post on an issue I have just started having with gesture mode. Waiting for an admin to reply.

Previous to this issue I never had a fly away but I have seen someone gesture it too high for them to retrieve with palm control. Was quite funny watching them eventually get a chair to be tall enough to bring it back down.

There used to be a homepoint issue in gesture mode where before the dynamic homepoint update was released, when it was flying headless using activetrack it would reach the restricted distance from the homepoint and just stop in the air. You had to take control again with a phone or the controller to nudge it back inside the flight zone to continue using active track/gestures but inside the flight zone.
2018-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules