Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
False High Altitude Propeller Notification
2617 19 2018-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sdeardorff1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1175272 ft
United States

I was flying early this morning and an alert saying "Do not use high altitude props at low altitude". I thought little much of it because the aircraft appeared to be flying normally. However towards the end of the flight that while howevering it would (about every 5 seconds or so) started to bounce semi-rapidly by barely an inch. There was zero wind so I don't think it was any external force. Anyone else have this issue?

2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sdeardorff1, when flying at low-altitude locations, extra propulsion demand from the 1360T props will lead to reduced flight time and higher battery consumption and affect the flight performance.
It's not recommended to use the High Altitude propellers in low-altitude location. Appreciate your understanding.
2018-1-15
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

It's hard to be sure but with low wind, hovering with the wrong props on, you may well have experienced vortex ring state, VRS. I will not try to explain this here but Google it, it's an interesting phenomenon and also a good reason to stick to the manufacturers recommended props.

Mark G.
2018-1-15
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Mark Guille Posted at 2018-1-15 10:58
It's hard to be sure but with low wind, hovering with the wrong props on, you may well have experienced vortex ring state, VRS. I will not try to explain this here but Google it, it's an interesting phenomenon and also a good reason to stick to the manufacturers recommended props.

Mark G.

VRS doesn't happen in a Hover.
Only when descending into the spoiled airstream.
2018-1-15
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Jersey

Farnk666 Posted at 2018-1-15 16:33
VRS doesn't happen in a Hover.
Only when descending into the spoiled airstream.

I have witnessed a phantom, fitted with aftermarket props, plummet through VRS from a hover so I wouldn't rule it out.
I'm not saying this is definitely the case here but it is a possibility that the Inspire had descended enough for the effects of VRS to start to show.
2018-1-16
Use props
sdeardorff1
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-15 02:31
Sdeardorff1, when flying at low-altitude locations, extra propulsion demand from the 1360T props will lead to reduced flight time and higher battery consumption and affect the flight performance.
It's not recommended to use the High Altitude propellers in low-altitude location. Appreciate your understanding.

I know that. What I'm saying was that I was getting that message even though I was using the standard props. I don't even own a set of high altitude props.
2018-1-16
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Jersey

sdeardorff1 Posted at 2018-1-16 11:48
I know that. What I'm saying was that I was getting that message even though I was using the standard props. I don't even own a set of high altitude props.

Lol, something clearly not right there then.
2018-1-16
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2018-1-16 10:56
I have witnessed a phantom, fitted with aftermarket props, plummet through VRS from a hover so I wouldn't rule it out.
I'm not saying this is definitely the case here but it is a possibility that the Inspire had descended enough for the effects of VRS to start to show.

You may have seen a bird plummet from a hover - but your conclusion that it was due to VRS is an opinion. The contention isn't based on the physics of how VRS actually works.

2018-1-16
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Jersey

Farnk666 Posted at 2018-1-16 13:57
You may have seen a bird plummet from a hover - but your conclusion that it was due to VRS is an opinion. The contention isn't based on the physics of how VRS actually works.

That is your opinion and you are, of course, welcome to it, however, this does not help the OP and his situation and I have no intention of having a back and forth with you here about what you think I did or didn't observe, it would be more appropriate if you were to start a separate post on the matter if you feel the need to discuss it further.

Mark G.
2018-1-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

sdeardorff1 Posted at 2018-1-16 11:48

Thanks for your clarification, did the error occur once or many times?
2018-1-17
Use props
sdeardorff1
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-17 01:40
Thanks for your clarification, did the error occur once or many times?

It happened two maybe three flights in a row. It has not happened in the last three flights so I assume it may have been a one off anomaly.
2018-1-17
Use props
Fly2017
lvl.2
Russia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-17 01:40
Thanks for your clarification, did the error occur once or many times?

Hello, Mindy! I have the same problem too. I did not use my inspire 2 for two months and one week ago I tried to fly but at the time when I fly up "DJI Go" gives me warnings that do not use High-Altitude Propellers at the low altitude (note: I use normal prop. # 1550CW and before never had the message). When my drone reached operation position at the 2 meters high, it started to shake horrible... I did all calibration, however there were no any changing. Then I thought that problem due to low temp. (app. minus 15 C). I had to wait four days till warming-up... however I had same problem and my inspire shaked after fly up at 2 meters. Then I did all up dates and today test my inspire, I had same message do not use High-Altitude Propellers and my inspire droped from 2 meters to the ground. Fortunately, there is no any damage and I test my inspire without X5S camera... What is happen with my inspire 2, I use my flycammera for 8 months and never have the problem?
2018-1-17
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
United States

Sounds like an FC/ESC FW (and possibly app) issue for sure.
For some reason the Inspire is reading motor loads as higher than normal (therefore the error regarding the high altitude props) and then having trouble managing lift in a hover. The shaking could indicate ESC issues or comms problems between ESCs and FC.

Assuming your IMU calibrations are OK?

This could potentially be a serious safety issue.

2018-1-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

sdeardorff1 Posted at 2018-1-17 16:04
It happened two maybe three flights in a row. It has not happened in the last three flights so I assume it may have been a one off anomaly.

Appreciate your updating, could you please sync the flight records and provide us your DJI account and date for further analysis to ensure there is nothing wrong with the aircraft? You can PM me your personal info when you are available, thank you.
2018-1-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Fly2017 Posted at 2018-1-17 21:35
Hello, Mindy! I have the same problem too. I did not use my inspire 2 for two months and one week ago I tried to fly but at the time when I fly up "DJI Go" gives me warnings that do not use High-Altitude Propellers at the low altitude (note: I use normal prop. # 1550CW and before never had the message). When my drone reached operation position at the 2 meters high, it started to shake horrible... I did all calibration, however there were no any changing. Then I thought that problem due to low temp. (app. minus 15 C). I had to wait four days till warming-up... however I had same problem and my inspire shaked after fly up at 2 meters. Then I did all up dates and today test my inspire, I had same message do not use High-Altitude Propellers and my inspire droped from 2 meters to the ground. Fortunately, there is no any damage and I test my inspire without X5S camera... What is happen with my inspire 2, I use my flycammera for 8 months and never have the problem?

Sorry to know that you encountered the same issue, fortunately there is no damage, could you please sync the flight records and provide me your DJI account and the date that the error occurs? I will forward to our engineers for analysis, thank you.
2018-1-19
Use props
sdeardorff1
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-19 02:29
Appreciate your updating, could you please sync the flight records and provide us your DJI account and date for further analysis to ensure there is nothing wrong with the aircraft? You can PM me your personal info when you are available, thank you.

I will look up the records. However I am experiencing another issue regarding flight records. I'm having trouble with my dji app. The application will crash towards the end of the flight. Luckily this happens when the aircraft is very close and I still have control of it. I simply have to reboot the application. However the flight doesn't get logged. This happened to me last night. I had a 25 minute flight but the record only shows the last few minutes after I had rebooted the app. The data and telemetry from the flight leading up to the application crashing are just not there, like they didn't happen. Are the flight records stored on the aircraft? Would they be intact despite the app crash?
2018-1-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

sdeardorff1 Posted at 2018-1-20 18:16
I will look up the records. However I am experiencing another issue regarding flight records. I'm having trouble with my dji app. The application will crash towards the end of the flight. Luckily this happens when the aircraft is very close and I still have control of it. I simply have to reboot the application. However the flight doesn't get logged. This happened to me last night. I had a 25 minute flight but the record only shows the last few minutes after I had rebooted the app. The data and telemetry from the flight leading up to the application crashing are just not there, like they didn't happen. Are the flight records stored on the aircraft? Would they be intact despite the app crash?

Hi sdeardorff, sorry for the late response, the flight records are saved in DJI Go APP, may I know what mobile device you are using and its system version? What is the APP version? Does the issue happen again?
2018-1-24
Use props
sdeardorff1
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-24 05:52
Hi sdeardorff, sorry for the late response, the flight records are saved in DJI Go APP, may I know what mobile device you are using and its system version? What is the APP version? Does the issue happen again?

Its a Samsung Galaxy Tab A. Android 7.1.1. And yes, the issue is happening continuously. Every flight about 20 minutes in the app crashes. It never crashes in the beginning of the flight, always towards the end.
2018-1-24
Use props
Fly2017
lvl.2
Russia

We need solution... DJI?
2018-3-1
Use props
ApexAerialData
lvl.1
United States

Hello,

I have fixed and built a few I2's and i get that error when one,
or both arm assemblies are off angle.  Check that your front props are even with the front screws.  (See attached)  If they need adjusting, you'll have to loosen the screws where the auxiliary arms attach.
Screenshot_20200202-161656_Gallery.jpg
2020-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules