When will DJI put a proper manual or clear link to it in the box
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

There are so many incidents / events / crashes  ...

There are so many questions on forums .....

ALL based on people not reading the manual. And why not ? Its not in the box. Not even a card on top with clear download link ....

Guy asks : How to exit P-GPS mode ....... an example of totally simple function change but lost because he doers not a manual.

If a $50 cheap toy drone can have a full manual in the box .... if a $30 RC Transmitter can have a full manual in the box ... as examples - then why does $500 - $1500 DJI gear not have ?

Excuses about languages does not work - the above examples seem to be able to do English + Chinese, with others via a download link.

I know I am not alone in this ... many others ask as well.

Nigel
2018-1-15
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Agreed a manual in the box would have been nice, guess one reason to not have is that everything change all the time, but then at least a direct link would be better than nothing.
It is not even easy to find the online documentation until you figure out the odd build up of the DJI website.

With this said i think a lot of effort should be put in the online version as, for me, a lot of things is not there. Many functions is not to find anywhere and some almost just mentioned not described. Lack of trouble shooting and a list of error messages and what they mean and what part of the things it relates to.
2018-1-15
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Manuals are outdated every month or two due to software updates on the aircraft, RC and App. The brand new drone you get with a manual inside the box would be outdated. Since you bought an DJI product, all updated manuals will be on the DJI.com site.
2018-1-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

A printed manual only works when the product is close to finished when released.
As both the app as the drone  Firmware are getting frequent updates, the minute you print a manual it is outdated.

BUT, they should make a interactive manual indeed!
You 'just' select your drone and version of DJI Go(4) and should be able to get a up to date manual ONLINE.
That you can print.
2018-1-15
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2018-1-15 03:52
Manuals are outdated every month or two due to software updates on the aircraft, RC and App. The brand new drone you get with a manual inside the box would be outdated. Since you bought an DJI product, all updated manuals will be on the DJI.com site.

"all updated manuals will be on the DJI.com site."
Even there they are not good to keep them up to date or improve them.

In the seven months i have had my P4P there has been three versions, 1.2, 1.2 and now 1.4, yes 2 versions of 1.2 (2017.03 and 2017.07) ... only a few lines has changed in those versions, like adding a line of the need to login to the App.
2018-1-15
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-1-15 04:43
"all updated manuals will be on the DJI.com site."
Even there they are not good to keep them up to date or improve them.

Absolutely! DJI is not quick to do anything in a timely manor. It does take them months to keep  their manuals up to date, however slow it might be, all updated manuals are on their site.
2018-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules