Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What happens when there is lots of WiFi noise
1572 11 2018-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nikp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123947 ft
Seychelles

It’s best to find a WiFi channel that has little or no noise. I understand the transmission will be better.
But what happens if there is a lot of noise (the bars are full). Do I lose signal? Is it dangerous to fly?

Is it better to fly with lots of noise in 2.4 ghz or no noise in 5ghz?
5ghz is mostly very clean, but the range is less so I’m guessing that 2.4 has similar range when there is a lot of noise. Am I correct?

Does the noise depend on the position of the controller or the drone itself? To be more specific if I fly away from the residential area, will the noise get less or does it stay the same since I’m standing in the same spot?
2018-1-15
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

The worst that could happen is that it might not respond to RC signals and the range significantly reduced.

The best is to fly in the frequency that has the least interference. Better to have shorter range than losing control of your Spark

The noise depends on both the location of your controller and the drone itself; It's actually the link between them that matters. The higher the spark is, the less interference it'll experience. The further the remote is from residential area, the less interference it'll experience
2018-1-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The transmission between your Device/RC/AC may be broken resulting in signal loss leaving you to reply on RTH to retrieve the drone.  
2018-1-15
Use props
Nikp
lvl.4
Seychelles

Has anyone experienced how much difference there is between a channel that is clean and one that is fully occupied by noise? I think it’s -60 of noise.
2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Nikp Posted at 2018-1-15 10:41
Has anyone experienced how much difference there is between a channel that is clean and one that is fully occupied by noise? I think it’s -60 of noise.

Nikp, we would not recommend users fly their spark with interference. Please enter the wifi setting and check if most of the channels are green. You can try to put your phone in airplane mode if you have wifi interference around your spark.
2018-1-15
Use props
Nikp
lvl.4
Seychelles

Yes, of course it is better to fly the spark using a channel with less intereference.

I have witnessed several times that a channel seems very clean, but Changes when I choose it. I will use an example to explain.

Ch1 and ch3 are not good, but channel 2 is clean. So I choose ch2.
Then when ch2 is chosen, suddenly ch2 is not so clean anymore, but ch1 and ch3 are cleaner again... why does this happen?
2018-1-19
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

A bar, any color, means the channel is in use, so what Electra says makes no sense to me.
When you choose a channel, it gets in use by you and is not vacant any more. So now there is a colored bar there.
Am I wrong about this?
2018-1-19
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

It depends on the nearby e-devices that emit this waves. It is rare to find a device that uses 5ghz. I suggest you use that one. Many drone controllers also use 2.4ghz. My suggestion is to not change it at all, keep it at 5ghz
2018-1-19
Use props
Nikp
lvl.4
Seychelles

SOUNDWAVE439 Posted at 2018-1-19 05:32
It depends on the nearby e-devices that emit this waves. It is rare to find a device that uses 5ghz. I suggest you use that one. Many drone controllers also use 2.4ghz. My suggestion is to not change it at all, keep it at 5ghz

I don’t agree. 5ghz gives you less distance and a less steady signal. I rather use 2.4ghz when it’s not too full.
2018-1-19
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

Nikp Posted at 2018-1-19 07:22
I don’t agree. 5ghz gives you less distance and a less steady signal. I rather use 2.4ghz when it’s not too full.

As a man who works for the SIA I have more experience.
2018-1-19
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

SOUNDWAVE439 Posted at 2018-1-19 15:16

What's SIA  or did you mean the CIA  ?
2018-1-19
Use props
Nikp
lvl.4
Seychelles

SOUNDWAVE439 Posted at 2018-1-19 15:16

Well who knows what experience I have!!

Well from what I have tested and have also read, 2.4ghz gets you further, if it is not too full. But I don’t have scientific proof..
2018-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules