Found a Drone
10617 52 2018-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NormSpark
lvl.4
United States

Remove the battery, you might find some contact or registration info. View the images and it might give a clue about the owner. Thank you for your honesty which is very rare nowadays.
2018-1-17
Use props
eliot
lvl.1

United States

..update.  Powered it up, found 1 mp4 file on the sd card of a 3 minute, out of control, night time flight followed by a crash, where it was found.  Here is a screen shot of the files on the sd card, cant open anything but the 'DCIM' file which contains the video.  Still can't believe no one is looking for this.
2018-1-23
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

eliot Posted at 2018-1-23 13:27
..update.  Powered it up, found 1 mp4 file on the sd card of a 3 minute, out of control, night time flight followed by a crash, where it was found.  Here is a screen shot of the files on the sd card, cant open anything but the 'DCIM' file which contains the video.  Still can't believe no one is looking for this.[view_image]

Unbelievable indeed that nobody has reacted until now. Thank you for all your efforts! Have you conracted DJI to help you locate the owner? They should know his/her DJI account and contact the person.
2018-1-23
Use props
eliot
lvl.1

United States

The only conclusions I can come to, based on the video, is that it was a Christmas gift, likely to a child,  or it belonged to someone who decided to get loaded prior to the first flight.  Whatever, with minimal effort it could have been back in the hands of the rightful owner by now.  Leaving the island next week, we have become attached to the little guy, we'll take it with us.  I know someone who could put it to good use, provided we are able to make it fly again.  Any thoughts if this is possible?  Again, thanks for all the positive replies.
2018-1-23
Use props
robnav
lvl.1
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2018-1-15 19:34
How cool is this?!!!!
Kudos to the finder!!!

This is such a good idea. I will be doing this today!
2018-1-23
Use props
robnav
lvl.1
United States

QuadBart Posted at 2018-1-15 15:29
If it was my drone, all someone would have to do is look at the SD card.  Inside my SD card I have a text file with my name, phone number, and FAA number not to mention a statement about a reward for its return.  Everyone should at least do that if not putting their phone number at a minimum on their drone

Dude, I am doing this today! I can't believe I did not think of this but glad you mentioned it. This is super easy and quick to do and it can help you get back your drone..
2018-1-23
Use props
InTheReeds
lvl.4
Flight distance : 347103 ft
United States

eliot Posted at 2018-1-23 13:48
The only conclusions I can come to, based on the video, is that it was a Christmas gift, likely to a child,  or it belonged to someone who decided to get loaded prior to the first flight.  Whatever, with minimal effort it could have been back in the hands of the rightful owner by now.  Leaving the island next week, we have become attached to the little guy, we'll take it with us.  I know someone who could put it to good use, provided we are able to make it fly again.  Any thoughts if this is possible?  Again, thanks for all the positive replies.

Eliot, hell of an effort! If the little guy is in good shape and nothing appears broken (it powering up is a good start), check out the manual to get its wifi set up, download the dji 4 app for a smart phone and try connecting to it.

You might find some firmware incompatibilities. The app checks for this once connected. If you do just go here and download the DJI assistant for your mac to update the Spark.

You might have found yourself a new hobby!
2018-1-23
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

eliot Posted at 2018-1-23 13:48

I think all you need is to download the app.  Follow the instructions to register and maybe give the Spark serial number to the app.  Then link the Spark to the phone by holding the battery button for three seconds until you get the beeps.  Then the Spark should be transmitting an SSID that your phone and wifi can link too.

There are manuals found in the Academy tab menu of the App.  They should explain it.  You will need a wall USB charger or a car USB charger and a USB to micro (A/B?  it has a little tab in the recepticle) cable.

It is a bit complex but then you can fly the Spark with your phone.  Word to the wise,...keep it close and don't fly at night.
2018-1-23
Use props
fansc14821e6
New

United States

I found one as well in westchester county NY
2019-2-10
Use props
Gator Don
lvl.4
United States

Nice to know there are honest people out there, I’ve come across Ed a few but not many!
2019-2-10
Use props
Gator Don
lvl.4
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2018-1-15 19:34
How cool is this?!!!!
Kudos to the finder!!!

Good idea, think I will do the same
2019-2-10
Use props
Sam Sergi
New

United States

Found a dji mavic pro 2 at my job site in los angeles around main and Lamar is it yours
2020-4-8
Use props
Joakitous
lvl.2
Flight distance : 293438 ft
Argentina

Great example of a good person
2020-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules