X5 back from Service but No Image on Osmo or Inspire 1 Pro
1512 8 2018-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TX Osmo n Pilot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 226 ft
United States

I just got my X5 back from DJI service and I have not been able to get an image on the iPhone through the Osmo or on the iPad. Both iPhone and iPad have the newest clean install of the DJI Go App. Firmware is up to date on the Osmo, the Inspire 1 Pro, and the Inspire 1 Remote Controllers. All show the connection and the version numbers.

The camera can record video and photos manually but I cannot see an image on any of the devices. I'm upset because I sent this to DJI and they sent it back saying it was repaired for another matter but working fine.

I am posting this here because I need it for video work at the moment and not necessarily drone work.

Help!

2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi TX, we are so sorry for the trouble caused.
Can you see OSD info in the APP like shutter, EV and so on?
Have you checked the gimbal contact to see if it is clean enough?
What is the firmware version of X5 in Inspire 1?
Could you please provide me the previous case number so that I can check more details of the repair? Thank you.
2018-1-15
Use props
TX Osmo n Pilot
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-15 19:29
Can you see OSD info in the APP like shutter, EV and so on?

I cannot see the OSD. I also tried using the Zenmuse X5 on my OSMO handle with the X5 Osmo Adaptor and I do not get an image there either. Please, note: I just got the Zenmuse X5 back FROM DJI!!

It is able to record and take pictures. Using the Osmo handle, I can control the direction of the camera. But I cannot see anything on the iPhone or iPad. Same with the Inspire 1 Pro. I have the latest firmware on the Inspire 1 Pro and the Osmo.
2018-1-20
Use props
TX Osmo n Pilot
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-15 19:29
Can you see OSD info in the APP like shutter, EV and so on?

Old case number is CAS-1268347-Q4Z2C0
Firmware of the X5 is Inspire 1 Pro Firmware v1.11.1.50

I cannot see any preview image, shutter, EV, etc. Yes, I have check the gimbal contact on both the Inspire 1 Pro and on the Osmo. No OSD on either.
2018-1-24
Use props
TX Osmo n Pilot
lvl.1
United States

Well it's nice to know that DJI Support just doesn't give a flip about its customers. Here I am pouring money into their company and they send me back a faulty product. Never again.
2018-1-27
Use props
Ken Hovland
lvl.1
Canada

Check the connection between your lens and the camera.  I lost transmission to the iPad just because the lens lock wasn't in place.  Listen for a good click.  All the best.
2018-1-28
Use props
TX Osmo n Pilot
lvl.1
United States

Ken Hovland Posted at 2018-1-28 15:30
Check the connection between your lens and the camera.  I lost transmission to the iPad just because the lens lock wasn't in place.  Listen for a good click.  All the best.

Hi and thanks for the suggestion. This was one of the first things I checked - various times. The camera still functions on both the Inspire 1 Pro and the Osmo Pro - as in, if I take a picture or a video, they are recorded to the Micro SD card. I am merely unable to the preview or what is recorded on the iPad or iPhone.

In my opinion, this is either the connection from the X5 gimbal to the Inspire 1 or the Osmo Pro meaning the metal contacts on the X5 gimbal are faulty OR it's a firmware issue on both the Inspire 1 Pro and the Osmo.
2018-1-28
Use props
Ken Hovland
lvl.1
Canada

Might try gently cleaning the contacts with the rubber eraser on a pencil.  Is your WiFi connection with the handle selected and working, connecting you with the DJI Go app?  Sorry if this is a stupid question!  I see you are more experienced with the Osmo than I (and I am just reiterating troubles that I have had).
2018-1-29
Use props
TX Osmo n Pilot
lvl.1
United States

Ken Hovland Posted at 2018-1-29 06:21
Might try gently cleaning the contacts with the rubber eraser on a pencil.  Is your WiFi connection with the handle selected and working, connecting you with the DJI Go app?  Sorry if this is a stupid question!  I see you are more experienced with the Osmo than I (and I am just reiterating troubles that I have had).

Yup, wifi connected.
2018-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules