anyone know where i can get this part? the remote model # DJ6 remote.jpg

2014-10-26
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

you will have to purchase a new radio.
NOTE
theres new model radios coming out shortly for the P2V and P2, so you may want to hold off thill they are in the dealers ahops
2014-10-26
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Eirlink Posted at 2014-10-26 21:33
you will have to purchase a new radio.
NOTE
theres new model radios coming out shortly for the P2V a ...

Or get on eBay and get a second hand unit after another persons upgrade/misfortune....

I'm one of those people who prefers not to pay to field test new versions........

Is it still under warranty?  how did it die??  I'm sure that's a couple of the questions DJI would recommend.... being the concerned and responsible manufacturers they are!
2014-10-26
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

mixstreme Posted at 2014-10-26 22:04
Or get on eBay and get a second hand unit after another persons upgrade/misfortune....

I'm one of ...

you wont have to field test these radios, thats already done for you
2014-10-26
Use props
xzgraham
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7 ft
United Kingdom

Nice one Eirlink  Dji like many others  do very little field testing now they let the public do it for them and then sort it out later .
Phantom Vision 2+ = Sat drop out when recording  not a lot of testing by Dji on that one .
Any how jtech  i noticed that you antenna wire is missing  ? just wondered if you were going to fit after market antennas  and damaged the point where the antenna attaches inside the radio .If so get some one who is good at soldering and get it repaired  as i  saw a guy on you tube fixing his .
But e bay will be your best bet if you need a new/second hand complete unit .
2014-10-26
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Eirlink Posted at 2014-10-26 23:53
you wont have to field test these radios, thats already done for you

Are there any range or control advantages to new controllers?  Still got the FCC / CE limitations as per the required local laws.

Some new lights? battery info = more battery usage....??

Field testing is a very critical subject and the terminology of it varies so much....
I know of people who blow smoke up the manufacturers pipes to satisfy there own requirements, but true testing only happens on mass product launch.

People see criticism as a bad thing, but its the only way we learn, by hearing about the faults and seeing it first hand and the consequences that occur from such issues.

Product development and improvement is a natural aspect of such, but why improve a system with no issues that provides a more cosmetic purpose?  =  MONEY.

What happens if it turns out theres an issue with the new controller and it contains non serviceable parts like the gimbal?

Gimbal issues? = No thank you, but look at this new controller.

There are laws being probed to test the viability of manufacturers defending chargebacks from online purchases and further sales protection remidies etc if they do not make such parts available - EX: Ribbon cable.  Simply saying it is non serviceable is not going to wash.

I would much rather see DJI invest in the products they have already sold and offer replacement parts such as the ribbon cable to the thousands of people waiting for them.

Hope it works well though, cant wait to hear the amazing advantages it will hold and good luck with the sales..........

Trust in Innovation.{:2_40:}
2014-10-26
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

Product development is a natural progression from an innovative company. and yes of course, they need to make money....what company does not?
Product issues can and do occur, and are being worked through. Take your DJI hat off for a second and think of other very innovative companies recently who have had product issues .....
i will reiterate again, the support structure is in place and working very well.
DJi will continue to invest in product development i look forward to their new products, starting with the new radios, motors etc due out soon

Those of us without issues, have only new products to look forward to....
2014-10-26
Use props
jtech
New

United States

i brought this radio from ebay used, never again! it wasn't getting signal  lol after i opened it i saw this mess it looked to me as if someone was trying to mod the antenna i'm a skilled soldering but id rather keep it original ya know.i guess ill order a new one. thanks guys
2014-10-26
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Eirlink Posted at 2014-10-27 01:01
Product development is a natural progression from an innovative company. and yes of course, they nee ...

Very nice comment.
I sir, do not wear a DJI hat, I can assure you of that, but feel free to send me one in grey or black I will wear it. A t shirt or sweat top could also prove very good advertising for you should be inclined to oblige.

Product issues are very common I agree, it's how you or the HATS respond to such issues that really matters.
Now look at product costs and the difference in product quality from those said innovators, DJI wants to be the best, DJI wants to demand good prices for good quality, all im saying is, practice what you preach and BE the BEST.

When your customer base demands a fix or resolution for a well documented and very highly mentioned problem, apply your knowledge and offer such resolution indiscriminately.

I can show you people who have contacted DJI and have had no resolve, yet have had the accusations of improper use etc... despite their original claims.  Yet I can also show people who openly admit they have crashed and caused the issue and have had full replacements awarded.
We both know it happens and I don't expect a comment on it.

I'm in no way faulting your customer service at present, But like it or not, damage has been done via previous methods.

As much as your required to defend or in some way respond to critics on the forums, I'm merely making a point of experience and this is echoed in many other forums worldwide...

So direct question awaiting a direct answer: When will DJI make the Ribbon cable available to the masses and how will this be distributed?

No explanations of fitting,  qualified,  non serviceable etc..   just a date or not?  Can our new found customer support and forums supply this?

It must be nice to have never had any issues with your products, but it must also make it hard for you to understand the true feelings of the many that do or are having issues.

Is this the way to test new products, be lucky enough never to have had an issue and defend the empire at all costs?.  Glad were talking drones here it makes the star wars ref all more comical. - no offence.

Please keep your hat on, it suits you well, I truly wish you all the best and thank you for your support.
These forums are a necessity for people and you and your colleagues are undeniably a great asset to them.
I only wish your manufacturer allowed more practical resolutions for you to offer.

I'm moving on now and going to victor meldrew my ISP......  and they wont bloody believe it...

Regards
Mix
2014-10-26
Use props
jtech
New

United States

mixstreme Posted at 2014-10-26 22:04

I'm one of ...

the warranty ran out last year plus the radio was brought from ebay as a backup. i should of brought a new one instead of a used one lesson learned.
2014-10-26
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

As Eirlink has stated there will be an upgraded model of controller available,  so it could be worth waiting for them to hit and again go second hand on fleabay.

Saying that, theres new controllers listed on ebay at very good prices.....

There are other options , but in the interests of keeping it stock as you stated, they may not be worth mentioning.
2014-10-26
Use props
jtech
New

United States

mixstreme Posted at 2014-10-27 02:59
As Eirlink has stated there will be an upgraded model of controller available,  so it could be worth ...

everything is worth mentioning info is always good in my book. so shoot away my friend
2014-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules