New P4P+ Gimbal Vibrating and Gimbal Overload
1521 11 2018-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrianMNY
lvl.2
United States

Having nothng but issues with a new P4P+.  I posted in another forum regarding the gimbal buzzing issue but never heard back from admin about any potential fixes.  I now have a new problem with an error saying the gimbal motor is overloaded.  I have 3-4 flights with this new drone and have had issues since taking it out of the box.  No crashes, gimbal has always been protected with guard during transport, guard has always been removed prior to powering up.  So far I've reloaded firmware 4 times, IMU calibration several times, gimbal calibrations several times.  Nothing seems to work.  Upset with this product as I never had any issues with the P3S.  
2018-1-15
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Send it packing to DJI,
2018-1-15
Use props
fans589cba4b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12780633 ft
  • >>>
United States

is it happening when you fly full speed sideways?
2018-1-15
Use props
BrianMNY
lvl.2
United States

fans589cba4b Posted at 2018-1-15 18:08
is it happening when you fly full speed sideways?

This all happens just sitting on the coffee table.  Almost afraid to fly it with this issues it has.
2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Brain, I'm sincerely sorry to hear the issue, please kindly start a case and send it in for a fully diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-1-16
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Are you aware that there is to guards mounted, you sound like it is a single one?
There is the plastic one mounted on the legs and then there is the foam one pushed in below the drone on top of the gimbal.
2018-1-16
Use props
BrianMNY
lvl.2
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-1-16 04:10
Are you aware that there is to guards mounted, you sound like it is a single one?
There is the plastic one mounted on the legs and then there is the foam one pushed in below the drone on top of the gimbal.

Yes aware there are two guards. One foam one from shipping and the plastic one on the landing gear. Both were removed.
2018-1-16
Use props
BrianMNY
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-16 02:05
Hey Brain, I'm sincerely sorry to hear the issue, please kindly start a case and send it in for a fully diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support

Thank you, I'll start a repair request today and unfortunately have to send it in.
2018-1-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

BrianMNY Posted at 2018-1-16 05:36
Thank you, I'll start a repair request today and unfortunately have to send it in.

If there is any further questions, please kindly offer your case number, we'll be here all the time.
2018-1-18
Use props
Foxglove84
lvl.2
United States

Were you able to resolve your issue?  I had the same problem with my mavic pro (I admit we have different platforms, but I suspect that it was the firmware so it might apply to other platforms as ell) at around the same time as you after a firmware update even though mine had no history of crashes or problems but for when I updated the drone.  I was advised by DJI to send it in for diagnostic and repair but after receipt and a call DJI conceded no diagnostics but they default to replace the whole gimbal solution no matter if it was your fault or the firmware's fault--and of course at your cost.  In hindsight, I should have troubleshot it by rolling back to an earlier firmware or waited for a new firmware.

I am currently waiting for a call from a supervisor from DJI repair.
2018-1-30
Use props
BrianMNY
lvl.2
United States

Foxglove84 Posted at 2018-1-30 12:07
Were you able to resolve your issue?  I had the same problem with my mavic pro (I admit we have different platforms, but I suspect that it was the firmware so it might apply to other platforms as ell) at around the same time as you after a firmware update even though mine had no history of crashes or problems but for when I updated the drone.  I was advised by DJI to send it in for diagnostic and repair but after receipt and a call DJI conceded no diagnostics but they default to replace the whole gimbal solution no matter if it was your fault or the firmware's fault--and of course at your cost.  In hindsight, I should have troubleshot it by rolling back to an earlier firmware or waited for a new firmware.

I am currently waiting for a call from a supervisor from DJI repair.

I sent it in for repair which has just got completed today and awaiting on shipping back to me.  Have no idea what the repair was although it was covered under warranty at no cost to me.  Can't complain about customer support so far through this process.
2018-1-30
Use props
Foxglove84
lvl.2
United States

BrianMNY Posted at 2018-1-30 13:32
I sent it in for repair which has just got completed today and awaiting on shipping back to me.  Have no idea what the repair was although it was covered under warranty at no cost to me.  Can't complain about customer support so far through this process.

Glad to hear it.  I don't think it's an isolated issue though, and believe one of their last firmware updates was buggy causing the problem.  Thanks for sharing your experience!
2018-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules