Registration
1243 15 2018-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ZuBtXy5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1155 ft
United States

Was just wondering how I would register my drone I don’t know if what I did before went through or not and is nothing I can find on the website thank you for your help
2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sir, I would recommend you read the relevant regulations and here is the link for your reference: https://www.faa.gov/uas/. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-15
Use props
jerzee flyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 447096 ft
United States

go to the faa website and you will see where to do that. i did mine a few minutes ago and got the certificate already.
2018-1-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

5 bucks for 3 years and takes a few minutes: https://www.faa.gov
2018-1-16
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

If what  you did went through, you would have gotten an email from the FAA to the email you used to create your FAA.gov account. You should be able to go to https://faadronezone.faa.gov/ use the email and password you used to create your account and all of your drones will show up under your inventory.
2018-1-16
Use props
Fenit2000
Second Officer
Flight distance : 100279 ft
United States

Thanks for the reminder to register OP. Very simple process.
2018-1-16
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

I thought the FAA lost in Court?
2018-1-16
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

Congress has just finalized legislation that will reverse the earlier court ruling in the John Taylor case that restores the FAA’s UAS registration requirement. And on December 12, 2017, President Trump signed the legislation into law.

This legislation – the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for Fiscal Year 2018 –  requires AMA members to comply with this registration program.
2018-1-16
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

you do not need to register your drone if you are flying to over your house or in a park. however if you are using it for business purposes or recreational in the city you do need to. I recommend registering to AMA society first
2018-1-16
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

SOUNDWAVE439 Posted at 2018-1-16 18:09
you do not need to register your drone if you are flying to over your house or in a park. however if you are using it for business purposes or recreational in the city you do need to. I recommend registering to AMA society first

You do have to register in the US

Either as 336 recreational or as 107 commercial - if you register 107 thrn you need a 107 license

https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/registration/
2018-1-16
Use props
DatMeister
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2454 ft
United States

Make sure its only $5, if its more then its one of those service page that charge you 5x more just to do the same thing in the FAA site
2018-1-16
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
United States

What are the benefits of registering to the FAA?
2018-1-17
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

SOUNDWAVE439 Posted at 2018-1-17 04:32

From the FAA website (https://www.faa.gov/uas/faqs/):

“Is there a penalty for failing to register?
Failure to register an unmanned aircraft that is required to be registered may result in regulatory and criminal penalties. The FAA may assess civil penalties up to $27,500. Criminal penalties include fines of up to $250,000 and/or imprisonment for up to three years.
There is no one-size-fits-all enforcement action for violations. All aspects of a violation will be considered, along with mitigating and aggravating circumstances surrounding the violation. In general, the FAA will attempt to educate operators who fail to comply with registration requirements. However, fines will remain an option when egregious circumstances are present.”

Based on that,  the benefit is that you don’t have to be fined or imprisoned if caught flying without being registered.
2018-1-17
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

SOUNDWAVE439 Posted at 2018-1-17 04:32

No benefits at all.  It was/is a BS way of the Federal Government of being able to say, "yeah we're doing something about drones".  Thankfully the cost is minimal.  
2018-1-17
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
United States

say I crashed my drone into someone's apartment in the city. would it help if I registered my drone? pro's and cons?
2018-1-17
Use props
RichInGa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 449344 ft
United States

OK. I just purchased a DJI Spark off of a friend who recieved it as a gift.  They won it from their office contest -- but have no interest in drones.   So it came to me just like as if I purchased it at best buy, still had shrink wrap on the box and everything... Completely unopened. can I still get a warranty?
2018-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules