Polarized Filters
927 4 2018-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kevin_d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4219 ft
United States

I notice Polar Pro has a set of polarized and non-polarized filters. I actually bought the 6-pack but now I'm wondering. I remember I used to have a polarized filter on my old Canon A1. It was in two pieces. I would routate the ring to wind up with more dramatic clouds for instance or keep rotating and end up with a flat, white sky and no texture from the clouds.

My question is, how can a polarizing filter work on the Mavic? How would one adjust it? Or is it two different things? Was it called a circular polarizer and doesn't do the same thing as something like the ND-32PL?

Assuming I'm mixing apples and androids and there is no adjustments, what would be the reason for selecting an ND-32 over an ND-32PL?

Kev

2018-1-15
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

It does work like your old polarizers but you have to do it manually on the ground by rotating the filter until you see the effect you want. Just make sure to hold the camera while rotating.
2018-1-15
Use props
Drone-Mike
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I found this post really useful to learn about ND and ND/PL filters.

There's a couple of examples of images that make it clear.

I find the filters with the PL to be really helpful when flying on a bright day. I also flew in snow and it seemed to help my image quality massively.

Unlike DSLR cameras etc. the PL is fixed for drones. Seems to make it less complicated.

https://www.heliguy.com/blog/201 ... s-polarpro-filters/
2018-1-16
Use props
aerogmp85
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1313625 ft
Russia

Drone-Mike Posted at 2018-1-16 01:49
I found this post really useful to learn about ND and ND/PL filters.

There's a couple of examples of images that make it clear.

Thanks for information, it is good
2018-1-16
Use props
Kevin_d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4219 ft
United States

Excellent info. Thank you!
2018-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now