Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Problem with Mavic Platinum
1468 15 2018-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3fe55ebf
lvl.1
India

Hi everyone,

Was flying my Mavic yesterday and midflight after i pointed the camera all the way down....the gimbal would not come back up and stopped recording.
The Mavic not hit anything (till date)...wind was not harsh either. I landed it and tried restarting the Mavic (with different batteries too) but the gimbal won't initialize and i can't see the output from the camera either now when i connect the Mavic to the remote.
When i looked at the status of the Gimbal in the app - it showed N/A.
Any suggestions on what i can do about it? It's a new Mavic Platinum and flown only 5-6 times.

I tried refreshing the the firmware using the assistant app on my Mac.

I restored it to factory setting first - was successful
I pressed the refresh button next to the V01.04.0100 and it did update successfuly.
I clicked upgrade to update it to the latest V01.04.0200 and that update fails.

I have no clue what to do.
Bought it in Singapore when i was there and now i am not in Singapore anymore. India has no DJI support whatsoever. Not feasable to send it by courier for repair. Don't think it will make it back through customs.

Any ideas on what i can try here?

2018-1-16
Use props
fans3fe55ebf
lvl.1
India

Hi everyone,

Was flying my Mavic yesterday and midflight after i pointed the camera all the way down....the gimbal would not come back up and stopped recording.
The Mavic not hit anything (till date)...wind was not harsh either. I landed it and tried restarting the Mavic (with different batteries too) but the gimbal won't initialize and i can't see the output from the camera either now when i connect the Mavic to the remote.
When i looked at the status of the Gimbal in the app - it showed N/A.
Any suggestions on what i can do about it? It's a new Mavic Platinum and flown only 5-6 times.

I tried refreshing the the firmware using the assistant app on my Mac.

I restored it to factory setting first - was successful
I pressed the refresh button next to the V01.04.0100 and it did update successfuly. ALSO NOT HAPPENING. Mistype.I clicked upgrade to update it to the latest V01.04.0200 and that update fails.

In both cases it fails at 56%.

I have no clue what to do.
Bought it in Singapore when i was there and now i am not in Singapore anymore. India has no DJI support whatsoever. Not feasable to send it by courier for repair. Don't think it will make it back through customs.

Any ideas on what i can try here?

2018-1-16
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans3fe55ebf Posted at 2018-1-16 03:09
Hi everyone,

Sir, please provide a screenshot when you failed to upgrade your drone. Did you get any error code? It will be really helpful if you can provide us the update log. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-16
Use props
Lamplighter55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

It does sound like a ribbon cable becoming unplugged - just guessing(!). Maybe there is a diagnostic file that is created in the start-up procedure that gives an indication of what the error/malfunction actually is - apart from the flight record which should have some error code in it when the gimbal camera failed.
2018-1-16
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

If you got the high wind speed alarm message during the flight, probably that was the reason. The gimble motor was not able to move camera against the wind.

Try to put a drop of shaving machine's oil on the gimble's motor and start the aircraft. This may help if there is no inside damages.
2018-1-16
Use props
fans3fe55ebf
lvl.1
India

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-16 05:20
Sir, please provide a screenshot when you failed to upgrade your drone. Did you get any error code? It will be really helpful if you can provide us the update log. Thanks for your support.

This is the screenshot. And this happens right when the progress bar shows 56% and the drone just restarts twice and that's about it.
2018-1-16
Use props
fans3fe55ebf
lvl.1
India

Lamplighter55 Posted at 2018-1-16 08:07
It does sound like a ribbon cable becoming unplugged - just guessing(!). Maybe there is a diagnostic file that is created in the start-up procedure that gives an indication of what the error/malfunction actually is - apart from the flight record which should have some error code in it when the gimbal camera failed.

If you could guide me on how i can i import that diagnostic file or the flight record...i'd be happy to share.
2018-1-16
Use props
ibuyufo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819098 ft
United States

Did you try a new cable?
2018-1-16
Use props
fans3fe55ebf
lvl.1
India

Ahmed Hussain Posted at 2018-1-16 09:37
If you got the high wind speed alarm message during the flight, probably that was the reason. The gimble motor was not able to move camera against the wind.

Try to put a drop of shaving machine's oil on the gimble's motor and start the aircraft. This may help if there is no inside damages.

No high speed wind alarm was there. During the flight, i just moved the gimbal to point all the way to record the view vertically below. And that was it. It recorded for a couple of seconds after that and then the video froze and i could not move the camera/ gimbal any more using the dial.

Sharing the links to: Pics of the drone and the video it recorded on that last flight. This link gives access to the 3 pics and 1 video on google photos - https://photos.app.goo.gl/MZRoFtucQnFIGPD63

If i use my fingers to move the gimbal around...it does so effortlessly without and sounds or obstruction.
2018-1-16
Use props
fans3fe55ebf
lvl.1
India

ibuyufo Posted at 2018-1-16 21:41
Did you try a new cable?

Tried new cable. Tried connecting a cable to the port at the bottom of the remote (after unplugging the cable at the top left)...no Luck!
2018-1-16
Use props
Sim-Y
lvl.4
Flight distance : 75502 ft
United Kingdom

Return it, sounds like the ribbon cable on the gimbal has either broken or become detached from the main board...
2018-1-17
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

Since you don't know how to send it for check or repair, try to restart the drone time by time or even fly.This may help because I don't think there is a serious damage.
2018-1-17
Use props
Lamplighter55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Humm that's a bit odd that the gimbal has returned to it's default position - I got the impression it was stuck in the vertical/down position from your original message. Anyway if you are not getting any video feed from the camera then it would seem that the video feed/cable internal to the Mavic is somehow disconnected or the camera has failed. If you really have no video feed - then it would seem to be a 'return to manufacturer' under standard warranty case.
2018-1-17
Use props
fans3fe55ebf
lvl.1
India

Lamplighter55 Posted at 2018-1-17 14:44
Humm that's a bit odd that the gimbal has returned to it's default position - I got the impression it was stuck in the vertical/down position from your original message. Anyway if you are not getting any video feed from the camera then it would seem that the video feed/cable internal to the Mavic is somehow disconnected or the camera has failed. If you really have no video feed - then it would seem to be a 'return to manufacturer' under standard warranty case.

No video feed.
Guess i'll have to return it and repaired under warranty somehow!

Thanks for all of your suggestions people. Appreciate it.
2018-1-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans3fe55ebf Posted at 2018-1-16 21:39
[view_image]

This is the screenshot. And this happens right when the progress bar shows 56% and the drone just restarts twice and that's about it.

Thanks for your update. I would forward this situation to our engineers for further check. Thanks for your patience.
2018-1-21
Use props
fans3fe55ebf
lvl.1
India

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-21 02:31
Thanks for your update. I would forward this situation to our engineers for further check. Thanks for your patience.

Please! Appreciate it.
2018-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules