NEVER EVER SEND 3RD PARTY EQUIPMENT TO DJI
1676 6 2015-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cwilson639
lvl.1

United States

UPDATE TO UPDATE ... DJI has completely taken care of the issues.  Original Futaba radio was found.  I am leaving the post up however, so others may have original info as it appeared in time.  DJI rocks, I am completely satisfied.  Thanks to all!!!

UPDATE TO ORIGINAL POST .. I have been able to contact a person on the inside of DJI ... we are both working very hard to rectify the problem.  I am getting results.

NO HELP, NO SATISFACTION, RUDENESS OVER THE PHONE, futaba 14SG was stolen

My name is Charles Wilson I have owned RTF S-1000 since June 23 2014.  I am convinced I have problems with my A2. I crashed because of incorrect data from the LED.  

I sent in the copter and my Futaba 14SG hoping that DJI would help me because I didn't know where the problem was.  The S-1000 and all components was a VERY expensive business investment.

My radio was not returned.  I immediately called DJI.  I was met with a VERY RUDE PERSON, who said simply, an internal investigation was done and then I was accused of fabrication and told if you have no evidence they (DJI) cannot help.  This is real money.  A ton of money has been invested in this venture.

I was furious because the clerk said the box was never opened.  This isn't true.

While there is no way to prove myself, I have no legal evidence.  I never thought that I would be treated this way by DJI.  Please be careful out there.

PLEASE PLEASE NEVER EVER SEND ANYTHING THAT IS 3RD PARTY BACK TO DJI.  It will get stolen.  Trust me.

They have no way to tell or to check in equipment 3rd party equipment and it is a freebee to the people who unpack boxes.  When there is a problem you get sent to the Zendesk and are swept under the rug.  Their internal controls allowed some individual to steal my radio.  But, I have no proof.

I formed a business based on the promise of DJI technology.  The reality of getting things stolen has been a wakeup call.

Thank you for your time,
Charles A. Wilson
charles@aerialdigitalphotography.com
2015-4-23
Use props
dennismurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Charles...I am in total sympathy with you and hate to see something like this happen...I am not affiliated with DJI but I do use their products extensively...depending on the day I have 2-3 S1000's, a 900, and an Inspire. While I've had my fare share of support issues I generally find that DJI will work with me...whether through Tech Support or other members on this forum or other forums. That said, I do want to point out the RMA instructions you should have received from DJI for returning your 1000. Specifically #5:
5. Please do not include any non-DJI equipment, such as aircraft accessories, hard carrying cases, and third-party transmitters. If you choose to send in any of these items, you acknowledge that DJI is not liable for any of these products, and that we are unable to test your DJI products with any third-party products.
I do hope you get your radio back but I'm not so sure making a public statement that it was stolen will help your cause. With all the stuff they get back it could just very well be stuck in a corner somewhere...I hope anyway.
2015-4-23
Use props
Shuffle
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I also sympathise with you, you've clearly trusted sending your equipment to DJI and now have had it stolen....But never ever send stuff to DJI which isn't DJI because of course they won't be liable for it and same goes for any other company.

If you were having a problem with the A2 flight system you should never have needed to send the transmitter in anyway. No excuse if you were met by someone rude over the phone but having worked in a call centre myself if they don't have any details no matter what they say they can't help
2015-4-23
Use props
cwilson639
lvl.1

United States

Thank you for you support.  It is embarrassing when you have to admit how dumb you are.  I am over 50, and I didn't realize that the Futaba was a 3rd party item since everything came to me Ready To Fly.  I just assumed.  I know Dumb dumb dumb.  Again thank you both for your thoughts.  Stupidity is not an excuse.  Since I bought the S-1000 RTF, I just assumed that DJI supported the whole kit.  The wording on the sheet HAS CHANGED.  They are much more emphatic about what constitutes 3rd party items.  No so when I sent it initially.

Honestly, I can get over the ~$700 dollars for the new radio.  But I am not able to get over the fact that I was told that I fabricated a story to try to get something from DJI that I shouldn't.  I asked to talk to a supervisor, but the guy on the phone (Jarred) said the issue was closed.  I said won't you PLEASE give me the time to explain what I THINK HAPPENED.  No he said, I AM THE SUPERVISOR and you cannot talk to anyone else.  The box was not opened your item was not stolen ... end of story.  Is there anything else I can do?? ... and I was all but hung up on.  I am not used to being treated as a person who would lie.  Especially when the Ready to Fly (RTF) investment turn key was over $20,000!

I really really appreciate you guys' support.  Seriously.

People who start in this business start with a vision of what COULD be.  I thought that DJI was there to help me with the technical side of that vision - - all of it --- not just their items.  I relied on DJI in good faith, and that faith was abused.  I thought they were there to help me fly and make beautiful photography. (it is my fault for jumping in whole hog)  ((full of regrets))  But, I would have paid money to make sure that my radio was not part of the problem, but instead I was ripped off and jeered at for making an honest mistake and told that the circumstances that I laid out just simply COULDN"T be true.  Basically called a liar and stupid at the same time.

There is no sin in being stupid. (or inexperienced, or a newbie)  The sin is being cut off when trying to understand.  New people, who do not have 10 years of experience with RC is who DJI is marketing to.  DJI left me in the lurch.   I swallowed the DJI propaganda bait, hook, line and sinker. I am basically begging DJI to explain what I think happened ...

Yeah .. the ticket may be closed and yeah I accept responsibility for my stupidity but the bitter taste in my mouth HAS CERTAINLY NOT GONE AWAY.

Again, thank you for your support.  I hope I can help someone else.  Again thank you for your response.

I know I am not the only person out there, with these sorts of problems. What an awful experience.  I would never ever recommend DJI to a friend.
2015-4-24
Use props
dennismurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

cwilson639 Posted at 2015-4-24 21:57
Thank you for you support.  It is embarrassing when you have to admit how dumb you are.  I am over 5 ...

Well...I dont know both sides of that phone call but you are right if you were in any way mis-treated even if you're right or wrong...no excuses...Here is a link to a forum called S1000 Owners thread. There are a couple guys that do remote support for DJI that in times of need I have turned to. Can't say they will be able to help but it might be another avenue. Go here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/s ... ge=118#post31408880 and look around or post for help. See if you can enlist the help of TahoeEd or Bladestrike. Ed just helped me with a smaller but similar issue regarding the left landing gear assembly on a 1000. My servo fried and I had to get the whole assembly. When I installed it, the unit was bad right out of the box. He helped me get a case # and an RMA after months of back and forth with the dealer...good luck and theres nothing wrong with being over 50...you just started to enjoy life...well, once you get your radio anyway :-)
2015-4-24
Use props
cwilson639
lvl.1

United States

I am so happy to announce that ANOTHER investigation has been done, and by all accounts things seem to be looking up.  I have been able to get in contact with a person inside DJI who is not part of zendesk and we are making progress.  I will keep the parties posted.  Thank you again for your support.
2015-4-24
Use props
Shuffle
lvl.2

United Kingdom

cwilson639 Posted at 2015-4-25 06:23
I am so happy to announce that ANOTHER investigation has been done, and by all accounts things seem  ...

Brilliant news!! Hope all goes well *fingers crossed*
2015-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules