2416 6 2018-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Silverhammer92
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15869 ft
Switzerland

Hello Folks

I already had several App Crashes with my HTC U11+ and a new Mavic pro which can get pretty annoying and also a bit scary in certain situations. While asking you in this forum and reading trough the internet, i often find the "fix": try to downgrade to 4.1.15. Before I do so I have some questions:

• Does anyone know or have any ideas what causes the crashes?
  • Does downgradeing (and not upgrading) somehow affect my warranty? (perhaps any feedback from a mod?)
  • Why is especialy 4.1.15 the one? What happend after 4.1.15?
  • Are there any known issues or malfunctioning option in 4.1.15?
  • What will I miss ith 4.1.15 which I have now? (except fixed wing mode?)

Thanks in advance...
Cheers
Silverhammer
2018-1-16
Use props
fansfb1bf277
lvl.3
Flight distance : 104449 ft
Ukraine

(android only)
dji go 4.1.18 was a disaster, and they have released about 5 iterations all labelled the same version. but it was slow, crashed a lot
i use 4.1.14 and it works well.
4.1.15 does not start on my phone because of a crash but people say it also good
2018-1-16
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

4.1.15 is the most stable version depending on your phone/tablet. You missed the pano modes.
2018-1-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, since your mobile device is not the recommended device by DJI, which means there might be a compatibility issue for it to run DJI GO 4 app. Downgrade the app might help, if the device can run DJI GO 4 on the previous version and can not now, it might because the app has updated and optimized some functions, and the configuration of some devices might not be able to run the app smoothly, then it might crash.
Downgrade the app will not cause accidents, and it will not void the warranty. You can review the app's release notes to see what functions have added to the related version, then if you downgrade to the former version than the related version, you might lose the new functions that the app has.
And back to your situation, if the app crashes on your device, I suggest that you try to reinstall the latest version and try again, please note to do a backup like syncing the flight record and saving the pictures and videos before your reinstallation, or try switching the mobile phone to Airplane mode. If it doesn't help, you can try another device or wait for the next app release and update it. Thanks.
2018-1-16
Use props
btu00
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22008 ft
Australia

Hi ,  Thanks for that suggestion, I have a ZTE blade A602 (Android Nougat) and the app runs fine but crashes some time mid way on each flight. Flight records for that flight are not recorded.

I followed your suggestion and downgraded to 4.1.15 and just this morning had a successful (no app crash) flight.

I have always run the video to the phone in 10 Mhz smooth mode. I currently have no local video cacheing set but if the app is now stable I might systematically start turning things back on.

Early days but this is a good start.

BTU
2018-1-22
Use props
Daca
lvl.1

Australia

4.1.18 worked like a charm on my iOS ..
2018-1-22
Use props
btu00
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22008 ft
Australia

Daca Posted at 2018-1-22 15:36
4.1.18 worked like a charm on my iOS ..

Hi, Further to my previous reply,  I have now flown 5 more times with 4.1.15.  On one flgiht I received the message "Goggle play Services has stopped responding"  and then the DJI Go 4 app exited.   

I have now disabled google play services and have now flown 3 more long flights with zero app crashes. On the last flight I even re-enabled local video caching.   Not saying this has 100% resolved but it is certainly good so far.  

So my current setting on my ZTE A602 (Telstra branded Android)
Every google app I could disable has been disabled.  Including Google play services which can not be disabled until you go to security settings and remove (untick)  Android Device Manager from Device Administrators.

I only use the ZTE  for the Mavic so to have this reduced device functionally is ok by me.
I disable wifi before flight but leave 4g enabled.

Time will tell if this remains a reliable workaround. Hopefully this info may help someone else.

This is the only Android device I own and I bought it because it was the right size screen and the right price.

In a couple of months  I do plan to change to a Ipad 4 Mini 4G.  

Regards
BTU
***** Further Update*****   I gave up still no good.  Over to Ipad mini for me. Works perfectly.
2018-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules