Is it a boat?
2018-1-17
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-16 16:27
A "bear avoidance system"? I hope it's upwards facing then, because we have vicious Drop Bears here in Australia...

LOL mate, the shell will be attack-proof against all kinds of Thylacoleo carnifex...past, present and future
2018-1-17
Use props
LeOnBR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19970 ft
Brazil

Aeromirage Posted at 2018-1-16 17:52
Manipulated in Corel Photo Paint. Brightened  overall and shadows lessened

Looking at this photo, I would guess that this will be the first drone of 3 Propellers with Dji Tech. And that part, in specific, is the back, being the air outlets.

Apparently it will be a drone with good aerodynamics.
2018-1-17
Use props
ZmaroSobrinho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7058809 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I'm doing a poll and people are finding it's phantom 5, or mavic air. Who wants to pound: https://goo.gl/c3rbFb

Taking advantage: when DJI will anticipate the launches for the Brazilian YouTubers, so we can know and test the news first hand ???
2018-1-17
Use props
GoldenSun
First Officer
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

Aeromirage Posted at 2018-1-16 17:52
Manipulated in Corel Photo Paint. Brightened  overall and shadows lessened

Looks like some vents on the top... but still that could mean anything.
2018-1-17
Use props
Mauro Pagliai
First Officer
Flight distance : 35365551 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Mavic Air, Fixed Wing.. anyway... CAN'T WAIT!
2018-1-17
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mauro Pagliai Posted at 2018-1-17 05:05
Mavic Air, Fixed Wing.. anyway... CAN'T WAIT!

A DJI Fixed wing would be interesting
2018-1-17
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would setttle for a better customer service.  
2018-1-17
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Macdugel Posted at 2018-1-16 11:32
Actually - Drone won't take off unless fishing license verified.

Does that mean DJI GO 4 has to have a network connection at all time?
2018-1-17
Use props
Sidd Finch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

The location could be a hint as far as what to expect here. In recent years, the company has preferred Los Angeles as the backdrop for its film related announcements. New York, on the other hand, has been the setting for both the Mavic Pro and Spark consumer drone announcements.
2018-1-17
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sidd Finch Posted at 2018-1-17 08:49
The location could be a hint as far as what to expect here. In recent years, the company has preferred Los Angeles as the backdrop for its film related announcements. New York, on the other hand, has been the setting for both the Mavic Pro and Spark consumer drone announcements.

"The location could be a hint as far as what to expect here."

Okay, I'll bite....just what/how is the location a hint?
2018-1-17
Use props
damoUK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 693038 ft
United Kingdom

To me, this looks like an arm folding out from within two layers of the body, with the air vents etc at the back & side of the 2 layers - this could denote some level of water resistance too!! I will try to draw what I mean and post it!

Also, another "leaks" site is suggesting 2 releases, a Mavic Air and the Mavic Pro 2, with the Mavic Air being a much smaller drone...

Guess we will find out in a week!
2018-1-17
Use props
cruising.com.br
lvl.2
Brazil

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-1-16 06:43
Hoping for P4 PRO featured bird in a sub 250g package.

Maybe a Mavic 2 with same image quality of Phantom 4 Pro/Adv! :-)
2018-1-17
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

"Also, another "leaks" site is suggesting 2 releases, a Mavic Air and the Mavic Pro 2, with the Mavic Air being a much smaller drone..."

I find it strange that a large company like Apple can't keep images from their yet to be released iPhone from leaking, but DJI can.
2018-1-17
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 731565 ft
Brazil

There is a contest about zoomed photos related to Jan-23 here on Facebook Brazil. So, I guess, the new drone will have zoom camera.
2018-1-17
Use props
cruising.com.br
lvl.2
Brazil

fans77392e30 Posted at 2018-1-16 11:00
I guess it is a racing drone.

DJI already has developed their FPV goggles and they already have developed their know-how in "small" drone concepts (with Mavic and Spark). So why should they be out of this significantly growing market if they already have everything to offer a competitive solution?

I don't need a "foldable" Spark... but a new Spark with more radio and battery range plus a better camera would be very welcome!
2018-1-17
Use props
NikoT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 502877 ft
Russia

After watching the promo the first thing I thought was kind of super small pocket device for everyday use..
2018-1-17
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

My credit card is burning a hole in my pocket.
2018-1-17
Use props
Brambleman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20627 ft
United States

The anticipation is palpable! Honestly at this point, it could be anything, as most people have come up with pretty good arguments for each possibility. It does make me wonder why DJI would develop and sell race specific goggles, but not have a race drone. The Spark doesn't have occusync, and the mavic is too big to race.
2018-1-17
Use props
Sidd Finch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-1-17 08:52
"The location could be a hint as far as what to expect here."

Okay, I'll bite....just what/how is the location a hint?

the company has preferred Los Angeles as the backdrop for its film related announcements. New York, on the other hand, has been the setting for both the Mavic Pro and Spark consumer drone announcements.
2018-1-17
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sidd Finch Posted at 2018-1-17 12:10
the company has preferred Los Angeles as the backdrop for its film related announcements. New York, on the other hand, has been the setting for both the Mavic Pro and Spark consumer drone announcements.

Ah...thanks!
2018-1-17
Use props
Austevik Dronef
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1035125 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Have heard that it is drone that falls between the Spark and the Mavic
2018-1-17
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

DJI Grace Posted at 2018-1-16 18:05
It would surprise you on Jan. 23, just keep up with us!

Ok dear Grace, I shall keep with you but please transmit the message to them that I AM READY indeed for "what's to come" ;-)
2018-1-17
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Kuba_Vlk_CZ Posted at 2018-1-16 12:46
I could have now Mavic Pro Platinum Combo with 100€ Discount. Should I buy it or wait for the next tuesday?

Depends on how urgently you want the drone, DJI will take about 3 mths to ship after the announcement if your lucky
It would be marketing suicide for this new AC to have a better spec than the Mavic Pro range, unless it was a phantom
2018-1-17
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Foldable Spark with 4K and sound dampening propellers and motors???
2018-1-17
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

A fold able Inspire.
2018-1-17
Use props
zhangqing
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5959009 ft
  • >>>
China

Chin Seng Posted at 2018-1-16 08:54
It is Mavic Air.
Try clicking on this link [www dji com/mavic-air], and it will redirect to DJI homepage with the slogan "Adventure Unfolds".
If you try this link [www dji com/mavic-2] or this link [www dji com/mavic-pro-2], or any other made-up links, it will redirect to 404 page.

haha,I think you are  right.    It is mavic air.
2018-1-17
Use props
zhangqing
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5959009 ft
  • >>>
China

theothernt Posted at 2018-1-16 08:27
Looks like a tweaked Phantom propeller to me?

My guess is a foldable Phantom

It is mavic air
2018-1-17
Use props
JustTee
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139967 ft

Malaysia

the top is smooth.... i think the right btm should be the fold leg?
2018-1-17
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Am i the only one who wants a better camera?
Be honest, even the P4P camera delivers no better pictures than my smartphone, and its marginally better than the previous models, which means, that basically there hasnt been any development on that part.
Remind me again, the reason most of you fly, for fun, or to shoot film and photo?
They are already many generations behind in terms of low light performance, even if the tech is available for a reasonable price.
I get the concept of margins and markup, but im confident, that if they asked the consumers, would you be willing to pay 100$ extra for a sensor that could give you the possibility to shoot Northern lights and other low light demanding scenes, we would more than willingly invest that extra money, and still they could earn as much as they did before.

Did you know that the Sony sensor in the P4 cost less than 10$?

This is my thoughts about where they should head, i know they are in a unique position where theres no competition, but still, keep increasing the amount of avoidance sensors, reducing the size, is not the way to go, i for one, fly for ONLY one purpose, to record, thats why camera performance means everything to me...
2018-1-17
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

CineView Media Posted at 2018-1-17 22:34
Am i the only one who wants a better camera?
Be honest, even the P4P camera delivers no better pictures than my smartphone, and its marginally better than the previous models, which means, that basically there hasnt been any development on that part.
Remind me again, the reason most of you fly, for fun, or to shoot film and photo?

Thank you for sharing this for us! I will record your idea and reflect to our engineer team !
2018-1-17
Use props
iFoxRomeo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1094856 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Be honest, even the P4P camera delivers no better pictures than my smartphone, and its marginally better than the previous models, which means, that basically there hasnt been any development on that part.

Interesting. Do you use a Canon G5X as a smartphone?
The difference to a smartphone is significant, especially with RAW.
There is currently no need for a Phantom upgrade. There is no competition for the P4P.
The Mavic‘s got a new competitor and the Spark is getting under pressure with some new selfiedrones.
Racing drone? Don‘t think so. I‘d say most DJI customers can‘t handle ATTI mode, giving them a racing drone with 100mph would surely be a big adventure.
My bet is on a Spark update. It‘s their „oldest“ customer drone. Mavic pro platinum and P4P obsidian were just released.
The teaser emphasises on small and „unfolding“... Foldable Spark!
Okay I‘m biased, because I‘d like to have a foldable spark with longer flighttime..

Fox
2018-1-17
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Maybe they are thinking jet powered silent engines now! 'Id be a bit annoyed if its an upgrade to the Mavic Platinum seeing as its only just been released and actually available for purchase!
2018-1-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Post 33 your not the only one, you soon get fed up just flying these things up and down.
2018-1-18
Use props
GoldenSun
First Officer
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

JustTee Posted at 2018-1-17 22:16
[view_image]

the top is smooth.... i think the right btm should be the fold leg?

It sure looks like it!
2018-1-18
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone have any info in regards to where in NYC this event is taking place at?
2018-1-18
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

I have a leak from an inside source

The new drone will be a fold-able drone, that has three propellers. It will will have more sensors, longer distance, and faster speeds. The one thing the new drone will have that others in it's class do not is anti gravity technology, allowing flight modes to last for hours. Spinning mercury will create a magnetic field and creates lift, thus allowing the aircraft to travel at very high speeds. This drone will also have the ability to shrink and teleport the person controlling the RC into the cockpit of the drone, thus giving a true feel. GPS teleporting will be allowed with the next upgrade coming out shortly. This drone also has zero emissions, other than unicorn dust. Enjoy!

And no, I wont give up my source..........lol
2018-1-18
Use props
Snipes_Blaster
Second Officer
Flight distance : 510217 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bulldog Posted at 2018-1-18 06:32
I have a leak from an inside source

The new drone will be a fold-able drone, that has three propellers. It will will have more sensors, longer distance, and faster speeds. The one thing the new drone will have that others in it's class do not is anti gravity technology, allowing flight modes to last for hours. Spinning mercury will create a magnetic field and creates lift, thus allowing the aircraft to travel at very high speeds. This drone will also have the ability to shrink and teleport the person controlling the RC into the cockpit of the drone, thus giving a true feel. GPS teleporting will be allowed with the next upgrade coming out shortly. This drone also has zero emissions, other than unicorn dust. Enjoy!

im sure i built one of those when I was 8 years old.
2018-1-18
Use props
JaseUK
lvl.3
United Kingdom

No and the only reason I will buy a new drone is if the Camera is better.  Extra flight time, sensors do not bother me, the ability to capture the best images/footage is what matters to me while still being portable.

So if this is a new Mavic it must have better a better camera/sensor for me to buy it (and if it does I will pre-order immediately). For example if the Autel Evo was released with a 1 inch sensor and better camera that would seriously tempt me to change. I hope DJI deliver on the camera front so I don't have to make that decision.

2018-1-18
Use props
djiuser_yxfdr03
lvl.4
Flight distance : 338222 ft
Canada

My guess is a -250 gram foldable mini-mini drone...and a Mavic air (2)  
2018-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules