Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Adventure Unfolds| New York | January 23th 2018 |10 AM EST
37310 436 2018-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_yxfdr03
lvl.4
Flight distance : 338222 ft
Canada

I'll be more than happy with the OG spark and wait until a REAL MAVIC 2 comes out. Sure this is neat but not a gamechanger. I bet thise folding arms break off pretty easy.
2018-1-22
Use props
AWood35`
lvl.2
Flight distance : 248330 ft
United States

Far_North Posted at 2018-1-22 09:34
Is there a link to watch the unavailing live?

Should be here at 10am EST.
https://live.dji.com/?site=brandsite&from=homepage
2018-1-22
Use props
fansd4f3e753
New

United States

Looks more like a Crapvic Pro!
Less flight time, range, and speed than the Mavic Pro! All details already leaked on dronedj, the verge, etc.
2018-1-22
Use props
David J.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1231385 ft
United States

I am just hoping that this is a cover up/smoke screen for something better that will be released with it. If this is all, it would be a bit of a disappointment. Where is a Mavic with P4P-type camera quality?
2018-1-22
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Far_North Posted at 2018-1-22 09:33
Hopefully it is not WiFi like the Spark.  If it is then many people who are familiar with the Spark will not be interested in this model.   OcuSync would be great.

Don't worry

What ever it is, it has a very good range and the 500M altitude limit is removed ...

adventure_unfolds_1.png

adventure_unfolds_2.png

2018-1-22
Use props
fans7d1a89c2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478796 ft
United States

Do you think the 3 axis gimbal will allow portrait (vertical) photos like the pro?
2018-1-22
Use props
Johnny Hauan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1480 ft
Norway

I dont think the pics shown so far is anything close to the real deal. They are teasing with "A new adventure" and the trailer consists of storm weather and the voice is talking about power and strength. I think this might be a juiced up Mavic. More aerodynamic which the teaser image shows, waterproof and  better camera. If that is the case i will shout of joy

The image looks insane, it looks really sci-fi and insanely aerodynamic. Cant wait to see this thing.
2018-1-22
Use props
fansd4f3e753
New

United States

It is more like a Spark Diarrhea Plus.

The Autel Evo kicks it’s butt.
2018-1-22
Use props
fansd4f3e753
New

United States

Johnny Hauan:
Everything already leaked if you look on the web. All the specs are already out there. It’s totally crap
2018-1-22
Use props
HFI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904990 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looking more and more like a Spark Plus. I hope they release more than one drone tomorrow
2018-1-22
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

2018-1-22
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

https://mavicpilots.com/attachments/4-jpeg.29211/
2018-1-22
Use props
jcgoobee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 476119 ft
United States

LOKY Posted at 2018-1-22 08:56
Yes, leaked photos and specs already available. SPARK like MAVIC, 4K, 21 minutes fly, etc

can't wait until it's revealed tomorrow morning. I'm so excited.
2018-1-22
Use props
GoldenSun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

HFI Posted at 2018-1-22 11:35
Looking more and more like a Spark Plus. I hope they release more than one drone tomorrow

I hope it comes with a controller by default.
2018-1-22
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Looks like a non foldable prop... kinda interesting they went that route.
2018-1-22
Use props
damoUK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 693038 ft
United Kingdom

If these are legit (probably), then the only game changer for me will be if it is water resistant. Equally if it can be flown with the Mavic controller, I might consider it as a drone only purchase!
2018-1-22
Use props
g-NAV
lvl.1
United States

Augmented Reality Glasses?
2018-1-22
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

GoldenSun Posted at 2018-1-22 11:55

After looking at all available leaks I can see they are foldable like mavic and spark
2018-1-22
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-16 08:48
Are we looking at something that is waterproof lots of rain in that video, perhaps amphibious drone.

Get  your credit card out!
2018-1-22
Use props
Popie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 608642 ft
United States

Griffith Posted at 2018-1-22 13:26

My witch doctor said the scatter bones say it will be a Phantom with a zoom camera!
2018-1-22
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

GoldenSun Posted at 2018-1-22 11:55

From what you can read here it will come without controller: https://dronedj.com/2018/01/22/s ... -panorama-and-more/
But from another leak it appears that the controller is the same as for Mavic, and that is a promising signal in many regards. Not that many hours to go until we shall know it all ;-) I am looking forward to it!
2018-1-22
Use props
Dji_Rambo
lvl.3
United Kingdom

JaseUK Posted at 2018-1-22 04:51
Will have to see the official reveal tomorrow however a little disappointed that it's not the Mavic 2, I was really hoping for an upgrade to the Mavic with a better camera etc which this will not have

Agree
2018-1-22
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

If it's ocusync and the same controller as the mavic, hmmm.  If I can buy only the drone...
2018-1-22
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

So yet another year with the same tech then.
Noticed theres not much new anymore, just facelifts and mods to excisting models in new wrapping.
Good for my wallet
2018-1-22
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Some comments here I find quite astonishing. Severe judgements are made based on some pieces of information before any of us knows all the details. Some have obviously hoped for a Mavic 2 that overrides all Phantoms and will be almost as good as the Inspire 2 but at the price of the Spark ;-). Maybe a bit of overexpectation...
The pieces of information that I have gathered today suggest the following: Better camera than the current Mavic (and far better than Spark), shorter flighttime than current Mavic (because of reduced overall and battery seize) but better than Spark, good body seize in between of Mavic and Spark but folded even more compact than Spark, much better optical design than both and expected price in between of both again. Plus OTG support and as it seems to me Occusync. Should all of what I have listed here materialise tomorrow by the hard facts, it will be a clear buy for me at the earliest opportunity and a bye bye to my Spark as much as I love it until now. But we shall see. At least I am very excited :-)
2018-1-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-22 14:03
Some comments here I find quite astonishing. Severe judgements are made based on some pieces of information before any of us knows all the details. Some have obviously hoped for a Mavic 2 that overrides all Phantoms and will be almost as good as the Inspire 2 but at the price of the Spark ;-). Maybe a bit of overexpectation...
The pieces of information that I have gathered today suggest the following: Better camera than the current Mavic (and far better than Spark), shorter flighttime than current Mavic (because of reduced overall and battery seize) but better than Spark, good body seize in between of Mavic and Spark but folded even more compact than Spark, much better optical design than both and expected price in between of both again. Plus OTG support and as it seems to me Occusync. Should all of what I have listed here materialise tomorrow by the hard facts, it will be a clear buy for me at the earliest opportunity and a bye bye to my Spark as much as I love it until now. But we shall see. At least I am very excited :-)

That’s what they call hitting the nail on the head. Good job.
2018-1-22
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

g-NAV Posted at 2018-1-22 12:37
Augmented Reality Glasses?

Already available, Epson Moverio BT-300
2018-1-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Griffith Posted at 2018-1-22 13:26

I’m waiting to see the spec, but spark might have to go.
2018-1-22
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-22 14:32
That’s what they call hitting the nail on the head. Good job.

Thank you :-)
2018-1-22
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Some comments here I find quite astonishing. Severe judgements are made based on some pieces of information before any of us knows all the details. Some have obviously hoped for a Mavic 2 that overrides all Phantoms and will be almost as good as the Inspire 2 but at the price of the Spark ;-). Maybe a bit of overexpectation...

Great summary, just wait until the Mavic 2 comes along we'll all want that instead
2018-1-22
Use props
JaseUK
lvl.3
United Kingdom

The thing with this thread is it is shared between all the drone formats. If I had a Spark like you then this may be of interest as it will for sure be better than the spark.

If however you are a Mavic user this will be a disappointment as you would have been hoping for an upgrade to that which this will not be.

Also what information do you have that the camera will be better on the Air than the Mavic? do you think they would put a better camera on a cheaper model?  if so you're other argument about people wanting inspire quality on a mavic would not be unfair.  

I still think this should be under the Spark Brand like a Spark Pro and not under the Mavic brand.

I guess there's still hope that DJI will have a surprise for us Mavic users but it's looking unlikely.
2018-1-22
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

lannes Posted at 2018-1-22 14:43
Great summary, just wait until the Mavic 2 comes along we'll all want that instead

I'll probably buy that one too and for sure it will be great :-). But we might have to wait a bit for it, I don't know more than you.
2018-1-22
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

JaseUK Posted at 2018-1-22 14:49
The thing with this thread is it is shared between all the drone formats. If I had a Spark like you then this may be of interest as it will for sure be better than the spark.

If however you are a Mavic user this will be a disappointment as you would have been hoping for an upgrade to that which this will not be.

I fully agree with you that for a current Mavic owner it probably will not be a convincingly attractive replacement. But let's best wait for all the specs tomorrow/today to be able to better judge.
2018-1-22
Use props
mtnstream
lvl.3
Flight distance : 222621 ft
United States

Out of curiosity; have you flown Lightbridge or Occusync?
2018-1-22
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

mtnstream Posted at 2018-1-22 15:17
Out of curiosity; have you flown Lightbridge or Occusync?

Neither until now because I only own a Spark. But here in Europe with the CE mode we have very different conditions than you in the US with the FCC mode, just in case you didn't know this.
2018-1-22
Use props
fans751c2b6d
lvl.1

Australia

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-22 15:22
Neither until now because I only own a Spark. But here in Europe with the CE mode we have very different conditions than you in the US with the FCC mode, just in case you didn't know this.

Way too many different regulations around the globe ..
2018-1-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very well put - it is quite outstanding how some are even saying they won't be buying it based on third hand info - at least lets all wait and see what tomorrow brings.
2018-1-22
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

A CW Posted at 2018-1-22 15:40
Very well put - it is quite outstanding how some are even saying they won't be buying it based on third hand info - at least lets all wait and see what tomorrow brings.

Thank you, and I am convinced it will be something nice.
2018-1-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-22 15:41
Exactly, and I am convinced it will be something nice.

I'm yet to see a DJI drone release that hasn't impressed me in some way. I think this will be a major hit from what I've seen so far but roll on 3PM GMT tomorrow
2018-1-22
Use props
mtnstream
lvl.3
Flight distance : 222621 ft
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-22 15:22
Neither until now because I only own a Spark. But here in Europe with the CE mode we have very different conditions than you in the US with the FCC mode, just in case you didn't know this.

Understood!  I hope you soon  get the opportunity  to fly Occusync or Lightbridge amazing technologies.
It will open a whole new field of view for you,  and your Spark might collect some dust on the shelf.

10 am, 1/23/18 will be fun!
2018-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules