DEALERS - Who hasnt got one?
3079 32 2014-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Hi all,  This thread is to see how any people bought there units online or via other means and don't have that magic dealer that DJI want you to return to with every issue you have?

What's it really worth to have the warranty?

Who's dealer has gone above and beyond to provide the after sales service that some manufacturers haven't.

Its Halloween so lets get these horror stories rolling.............

2014-10-26
Use props
captdkp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4521345 ft
United States

I don't have a horror story but a good story about warranty and my dealings with DJI service center.  

I bought a Vision 2+ in March of this year and have had wonderful success with it.  No problems, range issues; anything.

I was flying a job last week and it was an all day thing.  Toward the end of the day, for no reason what so ever, the camera falls off the gimbal (prior to takeoff thank goodness) and my shooting was over for the day.  Got home, came online to the forum and discovered that the shaft had sheared.  No crashes or rough flying at any time I have owned this unit.

The forum was full of horror stories about getting this problem fixed and I held my breath as I called DJI service center.  I purchased my unit online from amazon as I had trouble with a purchase payment issue from the DJI website.

The customer service representative from DJI, Mark, was very helpful and ask a few general questions.  After all my answers, Mark said it sounded like a fluke incident and was very sorry for my problems.  Within 5 minutes, I received an email with an RMA# telling me to send only the camera and gimbal assembly to the DJI service center in California even though I read several threads saying they were instructed to send the entire unit.

To this point, I have received great service and am happy with this service.  If that changes once the service center looks at my issue, I will be quick to point that out.  If I continue to receive the great service I have gotten thus far, I will also report that too.

Thanks Mark and DJI for your assistance thus far.
2014-10-26
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

captdkp Posted at 2014-10-26 22:55
I don't have a horror story but a good story about warranty and my dealings with DJI service center. ...

Great, nice to see customer service is making a comeback...   So no dealer involved just direct with DJI yes....
2014-10-26
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

DJI support is vastly improved and continues to do so week by week.
The support section of the DJI website lists the approved service centres across the globe where you can contact them direct, IF you are in an area which does not have an approved dealer who carries out service centre work.
This infrastructure PLUS the online forum support on here and on other forums should serve you well in resolving any issues.

There are no " magic" dealers in the DJI network, even at this "magical" time of year.
2014-10-26
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Eirlink Posted at 2014-10-26 23:59
DJI support is vastly improved and continues to do so week by week.
The support section of the DJI w ...

We can only wish there were such magic dealers.......
Imagine the empty forums without any useless replies of returning to an imaginary or magic dealer!

So basically DJI accept all product and warranty issues direct? from the consumer?
No need for any middle men.  That's good to here...

2014-10-26
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

issues should always be raised with your dealer FIRST....they are the direct link you have with DJI.
If you purchased DIRECT from DJI then you go back that route. If you purchase from an APPROVED dealer, then you go back that route.

At ANY time you have an issue with DJI products, you may use this forum to air the issue and receive whatever support can be delivered through an online forum, and / or directed on to the approved dealer / DJI themselves.
Really simple.

Do you have issues ( technical ) with DJI at present? if so maybe i can help you ??
if you have and i can, i will.
2014-10-26
Use props
xzgraham
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7 ft
United Kingdom

Eirlink ok how do you cure the sat drop out when switching on video on PV2+ me and loads of others want to know how to fix this as Dji sure dont.
Tried all the current methods  and my dealer who  i purchased it from says that i have done more than he would have and he also recons that Dji shop support is at best a joke and that if i give it to him it will take 6-8 weeks to get it back if i am lucky  and no guarantee that it will be fixed .
2014-10-26
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Eirlink Posted at 2014-10-27 00:53
issues should always be raised with your dealer FIRST....they are the direct link you have with DJI. ...

No sir I have no more issues and no dealer. I'm still awaiting response to my first requests via email sometime ago, but I've gone the do it yourself route and no longer require a response.

I've removed my self exploding gimbal with its fragile 2 piece ribbon cable and fitted a third party camera with a few modifications and a couple of snipped wires. (nothing irreversible)

This will be delivered to the masses soon and will hopefully resolve all those issues so many have trying to find ribbon cables.
Wont do DJI camera sales any good but at least people will know the truth about how any camera can be used.... on the Vision +.

I've only ever used the original camera once so cant actually comment on its quality, but I sure know about the run around given to people who try to request a simple ribbon cable.

Ive just been to Poland and I wish I had something good to say about the filming there with the stock Vision+, but it encountered an issue to be dealt with by the owner & DJI.
What really choked me up is even after all my failings with my unit, I still stuck up for and recommended DJI. Just glad they had there own solutions.

Its good to here they are finally getting there act together on customer support.
It needs some serious work....
You sir will have your work cut out for you......

2014-10-26
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

xzgraham@btinte Posted at 2014-10-27 01:32
Eirlink ok how do you cure the sat drop out when switching on video on PV2+ me and loads of others w ...

what current methods have you tried?
2014-10-26
Use props
xzgraham
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7 ft
United Kingdom

Eirlink Posted at 2014-10-27 02:37
what current methods have you tried?

Moving gps cable under sheilding, tried both copper and alloy sheilding   on top of original sheilding , tried sheilding on top of camera  , i have now fitted 2 x ferrite's to the camera cables inside shell but weather is crap here but if Dji dont know  how to cure this then "no offence " i doubt you will be able 2.
Some folks have had joy fitting alloy /copper sheilding but loads have not and if a newcomer does not realise that he has lost sats and the phantom goes into atti mode he will think his quad  has an issue .
2014-10-26
Use props
chapsrlz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2604163 ft
Mexico

i bought mine from ushobby (plus three extra batteries) and cant complain about their service.
2014-10-26
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

have a look at this
2014-10-26
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Yes,  did that to sir.......  it did work,  the tin foil shielding is also due to the tk102b gps tracker hanging off the back of the battery, don't need any issues and all working very well so good good.

But worth a try for the others.....
2014-10-26
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

GPS trackers ( esp those cheap tk models ) are transmitting to the cellular base stations once powered up. the handshake can be amplified in order to register on the network. this amplification will increase depending on how far away the base station(s) are, and this carrier signal will be all over your aircraft.  These cheap ebay units have no CE approval, and their GSM engines are poorly manafactured and often outside tolerences, so be aware of this when placing them on an aircraft.

they were originally designed to track pets....
2014-10-26
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

mixstreme Posted at 2014-10-27 09:41
Yes,  did that to sir.......  it did work,  the tin foil shielding is also due to the tk102b gps t ...

i was replying to graham... are you having the same issue??
2014-10-26
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Eirlink Posted at 2014-10-27 10:03
i was replying to graham... are you having the same issue??

no, I fixed that a while back,  and yes the gps is dodgy, but hey it works for now lol......
Its my little black box and at least I know I'm getting my unit back if it does go west....
Been looking at rfid but not to sure yet...

Interesting thing mobile signals, I'm still on the fence with them being a concern, I've personally been around a couple of masts , close around and tethered if you get my drift...  I wanted to see what my limitations were.....      I'm hearing now its the microwaves we need to be concerned about and wifi signals but I'm sure you or the lab could shed some light on this.

I don't know if your familiar with military signals and abilities, but I only encountered an issue on base with some very scary looking mast with what im sure were very dubious satellite relays.

I really didn't need a flyaway as it was a matter of instant prison......

As for GSM its not hurting me and causing no problems at the moment, currently running on 2G
2014-10-26
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

RFID is very dependant on close proximity to readers, so not an option for recon.
if you have to get the proximity reader that close for it to work, youre in danger of stepping on it !
a more practical solution would be for the aircraft to include long/ lat co-ordinates in its telemetry.  If it goes down you will have a last known co-ordinate reference, even in total power shutdown, if it ejects it lipo.
enter the long/lat into google maps or a GPS  and it should save the day.

....and yes DJI are aware
2014-10-26
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

the cell phone up to your ear is far more detrimental to your health than any mobile mast. ( unless youre above beside the antenna array )
A cell phone can amplify its power output in order to handshake the network cell tower ( usually 3 cells ) and these can be up to 10 miles away..so you go figure where you head ( brain ) lies within this signature
2014-10-26
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Eirlink Posted at 2014-10-27 10:40
the cell phone up to your ear is far more detrimental to your health than any mobile mast. ( unless  ...

Like everything in our homes, what is safe?

Never had a fly away, don't ever want one, but like to be prepared should it occur, with the option of walking away if need be.......   lol.

Its the future, simple as.  
If our brains fry, there's another 20 ready to take your place..
Such is the way of the world.  I'm starting to think those tin foil hats are not actually that stupid anymore.....
2014-10-26
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Drones will be our deliverance.
maars_outdoors_300_dpi1.jpg
2014-10-26
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

lots of microwave on that thing.
2014-10-27
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Eirlink Posted at 2014-10-27 19:52
lots of microwave on that thing.

Hell yea....{:2_29:}
There just evolving, and yes , evolving is a more correct word...........
Love to see whats going to be around in 50 years...
2014-10-27
Use props
crc2004
lvl.2
Flight distance : 63461 ft
United States

Hi all, I live in Southern California and I bought a Vision Plus from DJI direct online so I had no local dealer. I ordered on a Saturday and by Friday it was sitting at my front door. After a few flights and doing a ton of internet searching I learned that I had a defective unit. When I turned camera record on my GPS signal dropped at least 4 satellites, turn record off, gain 4 satellites. This problem has been identified by many people and from what I can tell it's only affecting a subset of P2V+ and not the P2V or P2. There are many videos showing how to improve GPS signal strength  and there are videos showing the satellite drop when the camera record is turned on. I did the DYI EMI shielding and cable rerouting mod and I was able to get one more satellite but I was still dropping at least 4 when I turned record on

My experience with DJI customer support went suprisingly well, so good most think it was an anomaly. I received my unit on a Friday and flew it for 4 days  both in the morning and evening, I identified the problem, tried the DYI fix which didn't work for me so on Tuesday I called the DJI support number. After finding the right voice prompt to select (I made a mistake at first because I didn't listen to all the options) I was on hold waiting for a customer service rep. I waited for 34 minutes and talked to a rep, I gave her the details of the problem and she went and talked to someone else, came back and told me it couldn't be fixed at home and would need to be sent in. She said I would receive an email with a shipping label within 24 hours. Next I received an email from the same rep saying she had made a mistake and that I'd have to fill out a form first before they would send the return label. I guess she was new and didn't know the process. So I filled out the form (choosing a refund instead of a repair)  and posted it to their support website. In less than three hours after that I received an email with a return shipping UPS label adressed to the Los Angeles area (about 50 miles away). The next day I dropped it off at UPS and the next day after that I got an email saying it had been received and they will post my refund once they inspect my shipment. Two days after that a credit appeared on my credit card for my entire purchase. I had bought (and returned) extra stuff like props and landing gear.

My experience could be an anomaly or maybe their customer service is really improving. It was my first and only interaction with them so I don't know.  But I can't complain in fact just the opposite...THEY DID AN AWESOME JOB. 34 minutes to talk to a person, three hours to get a shipping label and 3 days to get a full refund. Not one cent out of my pocket.

So now I have no flying camera and thought I'd check out Walkera and 3DROBOTICS and stay away from DJI stuff. There are many problems with DJI Phantoms; Gimbals that break too easy, my GPS problem, batteries that swell and fail so I wanted to try something else. I did research on both Walkera and 3DROBOTICS products and wow what a bunch of crap. 3DROBOTICS looks better than Walkera but DJI seems better than both of them so now I'm looking for another Phantom. I'm holding out for a few weeks to see what develops with the Phantom 3 / 2.5 / 2 upgrade (or whatever they call it) then I'm buying another Phantom and make it work and If I have a defect I hope I get the same AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE.
Craig

2014-10-27
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

crc2004 Posted at 2014-10-28 04:38
Hi all, I live in Southern California and I bought a Vision Plus from DJI direct online so I had no  ...

Great and totally understood.
I agree with the competition being seductive, but I to would rather work with the Phantom as a safe base.

Great job DJI, customer service seems to work a treat....
2014-10-27
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

as ive been saying, DJi customer support is getting there and improving week on week.
glad youre sorted. good job dji
2014-10-27
Use props
insitb
lvl.3

Singapore

Yeah, looks like they turned it around. Just good service for me as well. I ordered two extra batteries off the DJI website last week and they were delivered a ridiculous 1.5 days later!

I suppose they're not winning awards for nothing.
2014-10-27
Use props
Gamecatcher
lvl.1

United States

B&H Photo just replaced my Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal that went bad. It was within their 30 day window. No problem, no hassle and no shipping costs on my end.
2014-10-27
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Gamecatcher Posted at 2014-10-28 10:50
B&H Photo just replaced my Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal that went bad. It was within their 30 day window. No ...

That's the kind of retailer you want....
2014-10-27
Use props
crc2004
lvl.2
Flight distance : 63461 ft
United States

mixstreme Posted at 2014-10-27 10:56
Drones will be our deliverance.

what is that called?
2014-10-27
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Death on tracks, DEREK,  or  MAARs if you want to search it.
2014-10-27
Use props
vandman1008
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30997 ft
Australia

Mine is a non-service story from a DJI service center in Australia (EE hobbies).
Bought a H3-3D on-line from UAV Depot to replace my damaged V+ gimbal. Removed all wifi gear and converted to 2.4 ghz Futaba radio.
While setting up the H3-3D via PC , noticed a burnt smell . Didn't witness any magic smoke. The gopro was warmer than recording in 4k with wifi on. Very bad interference on video through AVL58 to my monitor. Video is crystal clear till gimbal initialize and on. Contacted UAV depot who then directs me to EE hobbies.
Cut the long story short (half dozen emails at least) After 3 weeks ,EE hobbies insisted its all fine, its a 12v system and can't hurt anyone. (There's a definite burnt smell around the pitch motor area, been an electronic engineer for 25 years,I know what the smell is) ).  They posted a low quality video which also has interference and insisted its a gimbal and has nothing to do with the video. Then follows with theres a charge of $80 but he'll make it free this time. :@
Its less than a week old .
So these dealers make there own rules and warranty is not in their vocabulary.   
Really turn you away from buying DJI once you  experience this kind of non-service.
2014-10-28
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

vandman1008 Posted at 2014-10-29 15:16
Mine is a non-service story from a DJI service center in Australia (EE hobbies).
Bought a H3-3D on-l ...

Do you have anything like -  distance selling regulations,  sales of goods act, trading standards or other consumer laws down under?
In the UK we have some great stuff, its applying the correct method of remedy that's the problem.
But like with the distance selling regulations, Dji sell in the UK so are covered by this or more importantly your payment provider (bank, card provider etc..) is obligated under this for 2 years.
Very easy to get your money back if needed and all is legit.  warranty for 1 year, no probs.......

Sales of goods act.1979
All goods must be:
•as described
•of satisfactory quality and
•fit for purpose

If they're not, the retailer is in breach of contract and you have a claim under the Sale of Goods Act

and so on....
2014-10-29
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

This is the best dealer bar far. I have purchased from him. He goes all out to make sure that your bird is flying.
Just great people to deal with.
http://www.dronecamps.com/?f_checkoutResult=cancel
2014-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules