Osmo Mobile Crashes Pixel 2
1281 8 2018-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KingRavenMedia
New
United Kingdom

First day of owning the DJI Osmo and i must say i am not happy.  I owe arguably the best camera smart phone on the market the Pixel 2 andI have installed the DJI Go app and it cant even get past the tutorial. It crashes when i press the trigger 3 times - to gain quick access to the selfie mode. After trying to remedy it myself i took to the forums to see if anyone else was having any problems with the app on the Pixel 2 Handset and low and behold the forums are rife with problems.

Will you be looking to remedy the problems with the Pixel 2 or should i just repackage my DJI phone stabilizer now ?

Not very happy to be honest, it seems that the app in general is great with compatatblity

The crash log is as follows...

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to resume activity {dji.pilot/dji.phone.preview.DJILPPreviewActivity}: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected Jpeg encoding quality levels 0
    at android.app.ActivityThread.performResumeActivity(ActivityThread.java:3581)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.handleResumeActivity(ActivityThread.java:3621)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2862)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.-wrap11(Unknown Source:0)
    at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1589)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:106)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:164)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6494)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:438)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:807)
    Suppressed: java.lang.Throwable: HERE SDK Version: 3.4.0.177
        at com.nokia.maps.MapsEngine$l.uncaughtException(SourceFile:369)
        at java.lang.ThreadGroup.uncaughtException(ThreadGroup.java:1068)
        at java.lang.ThreadGroup.uncaughtException(ThreadGroup.java:1063)
        at java.lang.Thread.dispatchUncaughtException(Thread.java:1955)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected Jpeg encoding quality levels 0
    at android.media.CameraProfile.getImageEncodingQualityLevels(CameraProfile.java:99)
    at android.media.CameraProfile.getJpegEncodingQualityParameter(CameraProfile.java:84)
    at dji.pilot.phonecamera.j.F(SourceFile:468)
    at dji.pilot.phonecamera.j.e(SourceFile:372)
    at dji.pilot.phonecamera.j.m(SourceFile:105)
    at dji.phone.c.b.m(SourceFile:171)
    at dji.phone.preview.DJILPPreviewActivity.onResume(SourceFile:341)
    at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnResume(Instrumentation.java:1355)
    at android.app.Activity.performResume(Activity.java:7107)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.performResumeActivity(ActivityThread.java:3556)
    ... 10 more
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected Jpeg encoding quality levels 0
    at android.media.CameraProfile.getImageEncodingQualityLevels(CameraProfile.java:99)
    at android.media.CameraProfile.getJpegEncodingQualityParameter(CameraProfile.java:84)
    at dji.pilot.phonecamera.j.F(SourceFile:468)
    at dji.pilot.phonecamera.j.e(SourceFile:372)
    at dji.pilot.phonecamera.j.m(SourceFile:105)
    at dji.phone.c.b.m(SourceFile:171)
    at dji.phone.preview.DJILPPreviewActivity.onResume(SourceFile:341)
    at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnResume(Instrumentation.java:1355)
    at android.app.Activity.performResume(Activity.java:7107)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.performResumeActivity(ActivityThread.java:3556)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.handleResumeActivity(ActivityThread.java:3621)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2862)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.-wrap11(Unknown Source:0)
    at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1589)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:106)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:164)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6494)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:438)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:807)

2018-1-16
Use props
djiuser_jqKMDXJ
lvl.2
United States

Don't  bother trying to get any help. You will just get frustrated. If i was you i would return the osmo and wait for the osmo2. Android users have been waiting for an update to the app for months.
2018-1-16
Use props
ryanharrison
lvl.2
United States

I also have a Pixel 2, and it will boot up, and then before i can even enter the camera, it crashes. The Pixel 2 has the best camera, even Marques Brownlee agrees, but it's a shame that it is useless with such a great gimbal stabilizer like the osmo mobile. sad.... hopefully dji will release new updates in the future that fixes this. that would be awesome.
2018-1-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Thank you for your feedback and we apologize for the trouble caused, we are working on this issue, the repair version will be released soon, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-1-17
Use props
MHawtin
lvl.1
United States

Hello - I just purchased a Osmo Mobile to use with my Pixel 2 and am having issues right away. In this day and age things should just work. I can't seem to get past the tutorial page, I had to put tape over the camera sensor, and now the app just keeps on crashing. Does anyone have any words of advice here? Should I be patient or just return the item? I just want a reliable stabilizer to take some simple videos......
2018-1-22
Use props
MHawtin
lvl.1
United States

Hello - Did you ever get your Pixel 2 and Osmo working?
2018-1-22
Use props
Klesh
lvl.2

Russia

What a huge disappointment for me, I should read this tread before purchasing DJI OSMO Mobile today. I wonder how those guys on youtube managed to shot video with Pixel 2 & DJI Osmo... IT DOES NOT WORK with Pixel 2. DJI asks for mic permission while having it - so I can't record video at all. Waste of money!

Will be it ever fixed? As I see DJI knows about this issue but just ignores it...
2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MHawtin Posted at 2018-1-22 08:43
Hello - I just purchased a Osmo Mobile to use with my Pixel 2 and am having issues right away. In this day and age things should just work. I can't seem to get past the tutorial page, I had to put tape over the camera sensor, and now the app just keeps on crashing. Does anyone have any words of advice here? Should I be patient or just return the item? I just want a reliable stabilizer to take some simple videos......

Sorry to read on this, DJI GO v3.1.26 for Android is being released in stages, please uninstall the old version completely and install the new version when it is available for you and then let us know if the issue persists, thank you.
2018-1-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Klesh Posted at 2018-1-22 11:03
What a huge disappointment for me, I should read this tread before purchasing DJI OSMO Mobile today. I wonder how those guys on youtube managed to shot video with Pixel 2 & DJI Osmo... IT DOES NOT WORK with Pixel 2. DJI asks for mic permission while having it - so I can't record video at all. Waste of money!

Will be it ever fixed? As I see DJI knows about this issue but just ignores it...

Klesh, I have replied your another post in https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6orderby%3Dlastpost, please check it out, thank you.
2018-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules