P4P Yaw issue
691 4 2018-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TucsonJim
lvl.1
United States

My P4P flies and films great, but one thing that I don't like is how the gimbal overshoots and bounces back when I stop yawing the drone.  It's like the gimbal momentum makes it move further than it should and then if goes back the other way suddenly to where it stops, requiring editing out the bounce back.  I've tried stopping the yaw more gradually, but I'm not having any luck.  Does anyone else have this problem with your P4P?  If anyone has any ideas, things to try or knows how to fix it, I would really appreciate any help.  
2018-1-16
Use props
TucsonJim
lvl.1
United States

Problem solved
2018-1-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Nice to know the issue has been figured out. Wish you have a good time on flying!
2018-1-20
Use props
TucsonJim
lvl.1
United States

Thanks Susan. The problem was the gimbal setting "Gimbal Yaw Synchronous Follow", which defaults to On.  I recommend the default be changed to Off, eliminating this problem.  Most, if not all, users will want total control of camera yaw by yawing the drone, not by allowing the gimbal to follow stick movements.  Anyway, all is good now that I found that and turned it off.

The P4P is really great and I'm having lots of fun with it.  It is quite a step up from the P3A that I had before and my learning curve continues...  

Take care.
2018-1-20
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1015440 ft
United States

TucsonJim Posted at 2018-1-20 07:14
Thanks Susan. The problem was the gimbal setting "Gimbal Yaw Synchronous Follow", which defaults to On.  I recommend the default be changed to Off, eliminating this problem.  Most, if not all, users will want total control of camera yaw by yawing the drone, not by allowing the gimbal to follow stick movements.  Anyway, all is good now that I found that and turned it off.

The P4P is really great and I'm having lots of fun with it.  It is quite a step up from the P3A that I had before and my learning curve continues...  

Nice to hear that you solved it! Have fun with your P4P
2018-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules