Mavic Pro Controller with iPhone Connection
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
brieniko
New
United States

Do you need to have cell service to be able to see the video on your phone while flying? Sometimes when I have no service and try to connect my phone it does not show any video and I have to fly the drone blind (resulting in bad footage).
2018-1-16
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

You do NOT need cell service to view the live AC video while flying.  If you a "Dropping" video while flying, I STRONGLY suggest you look into why that's happening.  If not, you will be joining "I lost my Mavic while flying over water" club.
2018-1-16
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

What device are you using?
2018-1-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

No, you don't have to use the cell service or cellular to connect the RC and mobile device. In your case, I suggest that you can try to switch the phone to airplane mode first and test if it is the same result. If yes, I suggest that you can try to change another place, or reinstall the latest app and see if it helps, please note to do a backup like syncing the flight record and saving the pictures and videos before your reinstallation.
If the issue persists, please provide me with the screenshot of the app, the app version and the mobile device you are using, I would like to check more. Thanks.
2018-1-16
Use props
brieniko
New
United States

Woe Posted at 2018-1-16 15:28
What device are you using?

i have only tried using the iPhone 6 both mine and someone elses
2018-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now