Video with Gauges and Flight info?
747 8 2018-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Checksum47
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11053 ft
United States

Is it possible to record video with the same guages and flight info that I see on my phone as I am actually flying?  I have looked around and I only see how to do it with some freeware software.  Hopefully this is a nice, easy question.  Thanks

2018-1-16
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

Not too sure what you mean, but you can use "Dashware" which is a free program as you mention, but it works very well and you can overlay height, distance, speed, and more if you wish over your videos.  I use it sparingly.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2018-1-16
Use props
warubikku
First Officer
Flight distance : 1592264 ft
United States

There is AZ screen recorder ap that will record everything on your device's screen, iv'e tried it before.
2018-1-16
Use props
Checksum47
lvl.2
United States

warubikku Posted at 2018-1-16 19:19
There is AZ screen recorder ap that will record everything on your device's screen, iv'e tried it before.

AZ is that the name of an app?
2018-1-16
Use props
warubikku
First Officer
Flight distance : 1592264 ft
United States

Checksum47 Posted at 2018-1-16 19:24
AZ is that the name of an app?

"AZ screen recorder" yes it is the exact name of the ap, i am on android though so if it's not on iphone sorry.
2018-1-16
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

Here is what Dashcam output looks like:  

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2018-1-16
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah, it sounds to me like a simple screen recorder is what you are looking for.  As has already been mentioned, Android you can download 3rd party apps to do it.  On iPhone, it is a feature newly built into the iOS 11.x  
2018-1-16
Use props
MKPSG12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 341073 ft
United Kingdom

You do need to enable it on IOS in the settings though, for some reason they didn't just put it there on the update?? Once its enabled just flick up from the bottom of the screen and its white record button under the flashlight icon
2018-1-17
Use props
Checksum47
lvl.2
United States

MKPSG12 Posted at 2018-1-17 00:22
You do need to enable it on IOS in the settings though, for some reason they didn't just put it there on the update?? Once its enabled just flick up from the bottom of the screen and its white record button under the flashlight icon

Yeah, Im using Ios.  I will give that a try.   But I dont see why its not just an option to toggle on or off right in the DJI app.  There are times when I want to see maybe how high my drone is at a specific time or other flight factors.  
I will get back to let everyone know if this works like I was expecting it to.  Thanks
2018-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules