auto rth low battery
2384 8 2018-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ryanharrison
lvl.2
United States

does anyone know a way to prevent the aircraft from requesting to rth at 30% battery?
2018-1-16
Use props
warubikku
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1592264 ft
United States

Click on the red X that pops up on the left side of the screen when it's on it's way back...?
2018-1-16
Use props
ryanharrison
lvl.2
United States

warubikku Posted at 2018-1-16 19:22
Click on the red X that pops up on the left side of the screen when it's on it's way back...?

i know how to stop it, but like how can i prevent it from going up and returning home without having to click the "X." I can fly it back myself, I just want to know if there is a way to turn it off because last time it tried to rth on 30% battery, it went straight up into a tree and i had to sent it in to get repaired.
2018-1-16
Use props
warubikku
Second Officer
United States

Yea before you take off, go into settings, like where you would choose your ghz or set your max flight distance, it is in there where you can change that, mine is 20% to warn and will auto come back at 15.....but it also may factor in how far you are away and try to make sure it has enough energy to come back, alot of drones are lost im sure, by people ignoring this. >
2018-1-16
Use props
warubikku
Second Officer
United States

warubikku Posted at 2018-1-16 19:31
Yea before you take off, go into settings, like where you would choose your ghz or set your max flight distance, it is in there where you can change that, mine is 20% to warn and will auto come back at 15.....but it also may factor in how far you are away and try to make sure it has enough energy to come back, alot of drones are lost im sure, by people ignoring this. >

One more thing, you can also change the return altitude so it wont try to go to a specific altitude before it tries to come back, that sounds like what happened with your crash, it tried to go to a set altitude to return and hit the tree.
2018-1-16
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
United States

Isnt the setup a batt warning and the auto rth a battery to distance thing?
If you are a km out, it will tell you "in 10 secs, cancel/ok" on much higher percentage, as if you are 200m or 50m away.
Put your phone on "loud" , it is giving you 10 secs time
In which I always cancel !
2018-1-16
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sir, here is the info for your reference.
low battery.PNG
2018-1-19
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

Not possible to disable the smart RTH on the spark: you can only change the low battery warning %.
2018-1-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-1-16 20:28
Isnt the setup a batt warning and the auto rth a battery to distance thing?
If you are a km out, it will tell you "in 10 secs, cancel/ok" on much higher percentage, as if you are 200m or 50m away.
Put your phone on "loud" , it is giving you 10 secs time

Thats right - the low battery warning indicator is totally different to the low battery RTH. The only way to stop the latter is to cancel the RTH before the 10 second count down ends by tapping the red X or land the drone manually before the count down even pops up.
2018-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules