12Next >
10175 66 2018-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sky Flyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4280584 ft
United States

I've been the owner of a Phantom 3 4K for about two years now.  Never had any problems with it and it still flies like a Pegasus (not a horse), and strong.
I recently aquired a brand new Phantom 4 Pro + and love everything about it.  The display is amazing and all the bells and whistles super.
This past Saturday (01/13/18) i got a bad "new year's" present...while flying my beautiful bird - it came crashing down without any warnings and fortunately i was able to retrieve it, but what i found on the ground wasn't pretty.   Camera ripped off the gimble, all propellers except one obliterated.   Worst feeling ever!  I contacted my Authorized Dealer and they suggested me to open a case.  I went ahead and did that and today I shipped my bird to the Repair Center.  I got it last November, so it is still under Warranty, and i hope everything goes well with the case.

I checked my Phantom 4 Pro + logs and during that flight the battery showed to be at 84% still, there were no warnings whatsoever, no wind, no bad signal, GPS was perfect.  I always check the initial screen that shows "Latest Firmware" and all firmwares were up to date.

Anybody having same issues here?

I will be updating this thread as my bird's case moves along.

2018-1-16
Use props
Sky Flyer
lvl.2
United States

Case Number: CAS-1399083-P0K0H0
2018-1-16
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Post the flight log here and let the experts have a looksee       http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/
2018-1-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are very sorry to hear about the crash accident, we will make data analysis of the accident as soon as possible when the drone arrives, the team will do their best to find out the reason, thanks for your patience.
2018-1-16
Use props
Sky Flyer
lvl.2
United States

Took my Phantom 4 Pro + to the UPS store yesterday and I'm pleased to share that it has been DELIVERED to the Repair Center as of 10:30am this morning 01/17/18.
I just hope I can have good news from this point forward.  Still waiting on an email confirmation that  they have received my bird.   

I also want to use this post as a timeline for this DJI case.

Stay tuned!
2018-1-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sky Flyer Posted at 2018-1-17 14:03
Took my Phantom 4 Pro + to the UPS store yesterday and I'm pleased to share that it has been DELIVERED to the Repair Center as of 10:30am this morning 01/17/18.
I just hope I can have good news from this point forward.  Still waiting on an email confirmation that  they have received my bird.   

It takes some time to check in and update in our system. The local team will take care of this. You can also check the case status from here: https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace
2018-1-17
Use props
Sky Flyer
lvl.2
United States

I got confirmation this morning at 7:39am that they have received my package.  The only problem is that I sent the following items:  Foam Case, Phantom 4 Pro +, Battery, Gimble and Camera, and 4 broken propellers.  The email confirmed they received only 3 items:  Phantom 4 Pro +, Battery, Gimble/Camera.  

About half an hour later I received another email that my unit has been moved to DJI Damage Assessment.  The progress shows, "It will take 1-3 working days to conduct damage assessment. Please wait patiently."  So, i guess i will know more in 1-3 days.  

Hopefully they realize the propellers were in the Foam Case.
2018-1-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sky Flyer Posted at 2018-1-18 08:41
I got confirmation this morning at 7:39am that they have received my package.  The only problem is that I sent the following items:  Foam Case, Phantom 4 Pro +, Battery, Gimble and Camera, and 4 broken propellers.  The email confirmed they received only 3 items:  Phantom 4 Pro +, Battery, Gimble/Camera.  

About half an hour later I received another email that my unit has been moved to DJI Damage Assessment.  The progress shows, "It will take 1-3 working days to conduct damage assessment. Please wait patiently."  So, i guess i will know more in 1-3 days.  

Since there is no serial number and QR code in propellers, it will not be scanned and displayed in the receiving email, no worries, we have received it, please check the picture below, thanks. receiving picture.png
2018-1-18
Use props
Sky Flyer
lvl.2
United States

Thank you for the photo.  That's exactly what I sent, but also keep in mind I sent the Foam Case, and I know that one doesn't have a QR code either, and excuse my ignorance buy i assume one has to be provided to send the unit back.   
2018-1-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sky Flyer Posted at 2018-1-18 21:04
Thank you for the photo.  That's exactly what I sent, but also keep in mind I sent the Foam Case, and I know that one doesn't have a QR code either, and excuse my ignorance buy i assume one has to be provided to send the unit back.

No problem, we also received that. The case is waiting for data analysis, we will have someone to contact you about the result of data analysis, thanks for the patience.
2018-1-18
Use props
Sky Flyer
lvl.2
United States

Data analysis was done by the DJI professionals and i am pleased to share with all of you that after the analysis, my drone will be repaired or replaced free of chare as it falls under DJI Warranty.

I commend the DJI Service/Repair/Customer Service team for the support on this case.  I also want to thank the Administrators here in the Forum for assisting in the case too.
2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sky Flyer Posted at 2018-1-22 14:32
Data analysis was done by the DJI professionals and i am pleased to share with all of you that after the analysis, my drone will be repaired or replaced free of chare as it falls under DJI Warranty.
[view_image]

Glad to know the repair is free of charge, it's our great pleasure to support you, hope the you will get it back very soon.
2018-1-22
Use props
Sky Flyer
lvl.2
United States

My Phantom 4 Pro has been repaired and now is in the cue to be shipped out to me.  The only question I have for the Administrators is if I will get new propellers and my foam case.
Also, there was extensive damage to the Upper Shell of my drone, but the "Upper Shell" was not included in the items they were going to repair.  I hope all parts damaged were replaced.
2018-1-24
Use props
Sky Flyer
lvl.2
United States

In addition, I'm wondering if i will be getting a full analysis on WHY the drone fell out of the sky.  I hope that is provided.
2018-1-24
Use props
Sky Flyer
lvl.2
United States

Drone shipped today and it will be delivered by the End of the Day tomorrow.  I will update this post when I receive it and test it.
2018-1-24
Use props
Sky Flyer
lvl.2
United States

Pleased to let everybody know that my package arrived today.  I opened it, and lo and behold...a white, shiny, spotless Phantom 4 Pro.  First thing i checked was the gimbal and camera.  I noticed the stickers were still on the side sensors, and I thought to myself.  Was my drone beyond repair that i got a brand new one??!!!  Well, It was a suspicion when I received the email notice that the drone was shipping back.  The serial number of the drone is different from the one I sent, so that meant i got another drone.  The question now is:  did I get a new drone, or a refurbished one?  I hope any Administrator could answer my question.
I'm glad my Phantom 4 Pro is back.  Now, it's time to go and do a test flight.  I'll close this post when I do the maiden flight!
2018-1-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sky Flyer Posted at 2018-1-25 14:57
Pleased to let everybody know that my package arrived today.  I opened it, and lo and behold...a white, shiny, spotless Phantom 4 Pro.  First thing i checked was the gimbal and camera.  I noticed the stickers were still on the side sensors, and I thought to myself.  Was my drone beyond repair that i got a brand new one??!!!  Well, It was a suspicion when I received the email notice that the drone was shipping back.  The serial number of the drone is different from the one I sent, so that meant i got another drone.  The question now is:  did I get a new drone, or a refurbished one?  I hope any Administrator could answer my question.
I'm glad my Phantom 4 Pro is back.  Now, it's time to go and do a test flight.  I'll close this post when I do the maiden flight!

Glad to know you got it back, according to DJI After-Sales policy, products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. These refurbished goods have been tested and are similar to brand new goods in function and appearance. Please test the flight performance and keep us updated if there is any further problem, thanks for your understanding. GTScreenshot_20180126_155900.png
2018-1-26
Use props
Sky Flyer
lvl.2
United States

My concern is that my drone was not even 60 days old and getting a refursbished one would not be a fair exchange.  I will fly it and write any updates.  I hope i don't lose it over the ocean.
2018-1-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sky Flyer Posted at 2018-1-26 08:39
My concern is that my drone was not even 60 days old and getting a refursbished one would not be a fair exchange.  I will fly it and write any updates.  I hope i don't lose it over the ocean.

The shipped drone has been tested and no worries, looking forward to your update and fly safely.
2018-1-26
Use props
DallasDroneGuy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13216588 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, 10 days. I just had my p4p 2.0 fall out of the sky today and can only hope that I receive the same service.
2018-10-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

DallasDroneGuy Posted at 2018-10-2 22:02
Wow, 10 days. I just had my p4p 2.0 fall out of the sky today and can only hope that I receive the same service.

DallasDroneGuy, I am sorry to hear about the accident, have you started a case? If not, please kindly contact our support on the following page to start a case first: http://www.dji.com/support. If you have any further assistance needed, please feel free to let us know, we're glad to help.
2018-10-2
Use props
DallasDroneGuy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-10-2 22:33
DallasDroneGuy, I am sorry to hear about the accident, have you started a case? If not, please kindly contact our support on the following page to start a case first: http://www.dji.com/support. If you have any further assistance needed, please feel free to let us know, we're glad to help.

Finally started a case today and will ship out the badly damaged bird on Monday. Thanks.
2018-10-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DallasDroneGuy Posted at 2018-10-13 21:50
Finally started a case today and will ship out the badly damaged bird on Monday. Thanks.

That's all right. If you encounter any difficulties during the progress, feel free to contact us with your case number, we'll be here all the time.
2018-10-14
Use props
DallasDroneGuy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-14 01:11
That's all right. If you encounter any difficulties during the progress, feel free to contact us with your case number, we'll be here all the time.

https://app.airdata.com/share/XttJkn

I hope the data makes clear that this was not pilot error. The case is open and ongoing, so DJI will look at all of this. Posting it here in case others can make sense of it.
2018-10-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

DallasDroneGuy Posted at 2018-10-14 20:50
https://app.airdata.com/share/XttJkn

I hope the data makes clear that this was not pilot error. The case is open and ongoing, so DJI will look at all of this. Posting it here in case others can make sense of it.

The local team will help to check when they receive the drone, as Susan mentioned above, any assistance needed, please feel free to contact us. Thanks.
2018-10-14
Use props
Eric Overlie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26568 ft
United States

My Phantom 4 Pro just fell out of the sky this evening.  I ascended to 41’, heard 6-7 beeps, it stalled, and dropped like a rock to the grass below.  It as my fourth flight since I purchsed new ~6 months ago.  Can someone take a look at my flight log and let me know I if I did something wrong before I contact DJI formally — i’d appreciate any opinion(s) offered from an expert.   Obviously, I’m not too happy after spending $1,900 for all of an hour of flight time. Thank you. Eric
2018-10-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Eric Overlie Posted at 2018-10-18 18:30
My Phantom 4 Pro just fell out of the sky this evening.  I ascended to 41’, heard 6-7 beeps, it stalled, and dropped like a rock to the grass below.  It as my fourth flight since I purchsed new ~6 months ago.  Can someone take a look at my flight log and let me know I if I did something wrong before I contact DJI formally — i’d appreciate any opinion(s) offered from an expert.   Obviously, I’m not too happy after spending $1,900 for all of an hour of flight time. Thank you. Eric

Hi Eric, I'm so sorry for reading the accident. Just to verify, has the drone been retrieved? If not, please contact our support and start a case: https://www.dji.com/support If the unit is under warranty period, we'll arrange data analysis and offer you a proper solution.
2018-10-18
Use props
DallasDroneGuy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI received my drone yesterday! Looking forward to the analysis portion of the process. I have two jobs coming up in 9 days, hoping I don't have to go begging my buddy to borrow his drone!! On www.phantompilots.com forums one of the most experienced guys over there looked at my flight log from the crash flight and it appeared to be hardware related, both right motors stopped uncommanded midflight.

Eric Overlie, was it a P4P v2.0 or the regular P4P??
2018-10-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

DallasDroneGuy Posted at 2018-10-19 11:49
DJI received my drone yesterday! Looking forward to the analysis portion of the process. I have two jobs coming up in 9 days, hoping I don't have to go begging my buddy to borrow his drone!! On www.phantompilots.com forums one of the most experienced guys over there looked at my flight log from the crash flight and it appeared to be hardware related, both right motors stopped uncommanded midflight.

Eric Overlie, was it a P4P v2.0 or the regular P4P??

Hi Seth. I was able to locate your case using your Forum account. Your unit is out for data analysis to determine what caused the incident. The relative team will keep you updated once result came out. You may let us know anytime in case you need help.
2018-10-19
Use props
fanscf0b0ee0
lvl.1

DallasDroneGuy Posted at 2018-10-2 22:02
Wow, 10 days. I just had my p4p 2.0 fall out of the sky today and can only hope that I receive the same service.

My first DJI drone. Got it last week Thursday 10/18. Updates stuff at home with no issues. Took it for first flight on Saturday and flew great and had no problems. Flew it again yesterday, Sunday 10/21 and it fell straight down from 94 ft and crashed. I was in shocked that this happened. I still can’t believe and understand what happened and the cause of this. Anyone know any info about this issue?
2018-10-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fanscf0b0ee0 Posted at 2018-10-22 07:34
My first DJI drone. Got it last week Thursday 10/18. Updates stuff at home with no issues. Took it for first flight on Saturday and flew great and had no problems. Flew it again yesterday, Sunday 10/21 and it fell straight down from 94 ft and crashed. I was in shocked that this happened. I still can’t believe and understand what happened and the cause of this. Anyone know any info about this issue?

Hi Ramin, we're sorry about what happened to your drone. I found a case number using the email address of your forum account and it appears that a repair case has been created. Please send in the unit with the shipping label provided via email at your most convenience. We will do damage assessment and you can also request data analysis if you wish to claim warranty repair service.
2018-10-22
Use props
Eric Overlie
lvl.1

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-18 19:26
Hi Eric, I'm so sorry for reading the accident. Just to verify, has the drone been retrieved? If not, please contact our support and start a case: https://www.dji.com/support If the unit is under warranty period, we'll arrange data analysis and offer you a proper solution.

Susan, yes, it was retrieved — it went straight up, stalled, and came straight down.  I’m working on getting the flight log right now (iCloud makes it difficult without a PC), then i’ll follow  your instructions to obtain support. Thanks

Dallas,

It is a Pro Obsidian ( non- Plus & non-V.2).

Eric Overlie
2018-10-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Eric Overlie Posted at 2018-10-22 17:34
Susan, yes, it was retrieved — it went straight up, stalled, and came straight down.  I’m working on getting the flight log right now (iCloud makes it difficult without a PC), then i’ll follow  your instructions to obtain support. Thanks

Dallas,

Eric, we are so sorry for the crash accident, the data analysis will be processed if needed and we will provide the proper resolution according to the data analysis result, wish you good luck.
2018-10-22
Use props
EricO
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-22 18:24
Eric, we are so sorry for the crash accident, the data analysis will be processed if needed and we will provide the proper resolution according to the data analysis result, wish you good luck.

Thanks, Mindy.
Case #:  1429353

Log >>>  http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/RHBCOAJYMS42N03O8PSG/
2018-10-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

EricO Posted at 2018-10-22 20:58
Thanks, Mindy.
Case #:  1429353

Thanks for the email ticket number, the team will reply soon and guide you what to do next, please wait patiently for the email reply, thank you.
2018-10-23
Use props
DallasDroneGuy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-10-19 14:27
Hi Seth. I was able to locate your case using your Forum account. Your unit is out for data analysis to determine what caused the incident. The relative team will keep you updated once result came out. You may let us know anytime in case you need help.

Hi Diana. Thanks for your response. After today the drone will have been at the DJI center for 5 days. Any word on the analysis?
2018-10-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DallasDroneGuy Posted at 2018-10-23 15:17
Hi Diana. Thanks for your response. After today the drone will have been at the DJI center for 5 days. Any word on the analysis?

Hi Dallas, upon checking your case, it is under processing. The designated team will contact you as soon as the data analysis finished. Appreciate your patience.
2018-10-23
Use props
fanscf0b0ee0
lvl.1
United States

I have emailed your customer service twice and still waiting on a response. I never received my UPS return label to ship my P4P. Please email me this label so I can ship this ASAP. thanks!
2018-10-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fanscf0b0ee0 Posted at 2018-10-25 04:06
I have emailed your customer service twice and still waiting on a response. I never received my UPS return label to ship my P4P. Please email me this label so I can ship this ASAP. thanks!

Hi Ramin, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. We'll have someone contact you to help you getting the label asap. Thanks for your patience.
2018-10-25
Use props
fanscf0b0ee0
lvl.1
United States

Hi Diana! Thanks for the response. I did receive a call from one of ur reps and he was able to help me with a return label. The box was shipped today. I appreciate all the help!
2018-10-25
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules