Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Phantom 4 Pro + Fell Out of the Sky
10144 66 2018-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fanscf0b0ee0 Posted at 2018-10-25 16:07
Hi Diana! Thanks for the response. I did receive a call from one of ur reps and he was able to help me with a return label. The box was shipped today. I appreciate all the help!

Hi there, glad to know you have received the shipping label, our repair center will take care of it when it arrives. If there is any further issue, please don't hesitate to let us know.
2018-10-26
Use props
fanscf0b0ee0
lvl.1
United States

So I have gotten multiple emails stating my P4P was assessed for damages and fixed. Damages fixed under warranty (which is awesome) will be shipped back to me soon. So far I have gotten great service and help from the customer service reps to the updates about my P4P. I called the technical support line for phantom and wanted to understand wat exactly caused my drone to disconnect at 94 ft and fall straight down and crash. This is my first DJI drone and to experience this is beyond my understanding. The rep basically told me that the cause of this can be a firmware issue or strong wireless interference. From wat I understood, DJI drones can not be flown in or any area close to a strong wireless interference which might cause a crash landing. I have never had such issues with any of my Yuneec drones (typhoon H plus, typhoon H520, and yuneec tornado GH4). I use these drones for my business and to be told I can’t be flying in strong wireless interference areas makes me reconsider DJI.
2018-11-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fanscf0b0ee0 Posted at 11-5 10:48
So I have gotten multiple emails stating my P4P was assessed for damages and fixed. Damages fixed under warranty (which is awesome) will be shipped back to me soon. So far I have gotten great service and help from the customer service reps to the updates about my P4P. I called the technical support line for phantom and wanted to understand wat exactly caused my drone to disconnect at 94 ft and fall straight down and crash. This is my first DJI drone and to experience this is beyond my understanding. The rep basically told me that the cause of this can be a firmware issue or strong wireless interference. From wat I understood, DJI drones can not be flown in or any area close to a strong wireless interference which might cause a crash landing. I have never had such issues with any of my Yuneec drones (typhoon H plus, typhoon H520, and yuneec tornado GH4). I use these drones for my business and to be told I can’t be flying in strong wireless interference areas makes me reconsider DJI.

Glad to hear that the drone was covered under warranty. Regarding to your concern about the strong wireless interference, we are very sorry about that. We will surely forward this to our technical team to study and learn from this issue in order to meet the expectation and satisfaction of our customers. If there's any further concern, please don't hesitate to contact us. We're here to help.
2018-11-5
Use props
DallasDroneGuy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13216588 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 10-2 22:33
DallasDroneGuy, I am sorry to hear about the accident, have you started a case? If not, please kindly contact our support on the following page to start a case first: http://www.dji.com/support. If you have any further assistance needed, please feel free to let us know, we're glad to help.

Hello Thor. I eventually received a refurbished unit on October 31. DJI admitted that it was a hardware issue and send one at no charge.  BUT one month later on December 1st THE REFURBISHED DRONE FELL OUT OF THE SKY!! Two right motors failed--it shows in the flight log, but DJI analysis says otherwise. How do I escalate this for another review!?!
2018-12-12
Use props
DallasDroneGuy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DallasDroneGuy Posted at 12-12 08:31
Hello Thor. I eventually received a refurbished unit on October 31. DJI admitted that it was a hardware issue and send one at no charge.  BUT one month later on December 1st THE REFURBISHED DRONE FELL OUT OF THE SKY!! Two right motors failed--it shows in the flight log, but DJI analysis says otherwise. How do I escalate this for another review!?![view_image]

The DJI team says pilot error and want to charge $472 for new battery and repairs. NOT COOL! Please help, Thank you.
2018-12-12
Use props
DallasDroneGuy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 10-2 22:33
DallasDroneGuy, I am sorry to hear about the accident, have you started a case? If not, please kindly contact our support on the following page to start a case first: http://www.dji.com/support. If you have any further assistance needed, please feel free to let us know, we're glad to help.

https://drive.google.com/open?id ... C1_1r0Iu6nQ854CNiak

Here is a link to a video showing that the neighborhood in which the incident took place has no obstructions above the two-story structures.
2018-12-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

DallasDroneGuy Posted at 12-12 09:03
https://drive.google.com/open?id=17lqmMejKFURlAC1_1r0Iu6nQ854CNiak

Here is a link to a video showing that the neighborhood in which the incident took place has no obstructions above the two-story structures.

Hi there, we are sorry for the experience you had with us. Upon checking with our system this case has been forwarded to the higher management to further check the resolution with your case. They will review your case and contact you during the working time. Appreciate your support and understanding. Thank you.
2018-12-12
Use props
fans808d9b6e
New

United States

Just took my 4 Pro + for a flight..... 3.47 min into the flight   I taught I lost signal. I was only 1400 ft away and coul see the drone..... I was 109ft off the ground . 47% battery and it actually just turned off and fell to the ground.... obviously the 2k drone is now broken. I called DJI and their like.... well sir, it's out of warranty, send it in and we will let you know what it will cost to repair.... LIKE REALLY??? I spent 2k on this thing and it just turns off and falls out of the ski with no warning..... how is this not considered a defect? Flew it less than 30 times...  also my flight record shows that there was NO GPS?. That's impossible because I had it set and always leave it on GPS. And it was showing gps on while fying in BRIGHT GREEN... OBVIOUSLY GPS WENT OFF ONCE IT DIED. so yeah looks like now in have to pay for the freaking damages on a faulty drone. really mad right now.
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans808d9b6e Posted at 12-20 14:07
Just took my 4 Pro + for a flight..... 3.47 min into the flight   I taught I lost signal. I was only 1400 ft away and coul see the drone..... I was 109ft off the ground . 47% battery and it actually just turned off and fell to the ground.... obviously the 2k drone is now broken. I called DJI and their like.... well sir, it's out of warranty, send it in and we will let you know what it will cost to repair.... LIKE REALLY??? I spent 2k on this thing and it just turns off and falls out of the ski with no warning..... how is this not considered a defect? Flew it less than 30 times...  also my flight record shows that there was NO GPS?. That's impossible because I had it set and always leave it on GPS. And it was showing gps on while fying in BRIGHT GREEN... OBVIOUSLY GPS WENT OFF ONCE IT DIED. so yeah looks like now in have to pay for the freaking damages on a faulty drone. really mad right now.

Hello there, we are really sorry for the crash accident, but the data analysis cannot be applied if the drone has been out of warranty and neither the warranty service, thanks for your understanding. GTScreenshot_20181221_145933.png
2018-12-20
Use props
Matěj paur
lvl.1
Flight distance : 308136 ft

Czechia

Hello, today my Phantom 4 pro+, which I have been storing money whole my life (I am just 18), fell out of the sky. Drone is broken a lot and I don´t know what happened. Can anyone tell me what happened from LOG (I can not send here URLs so I must write it like this [delete space after https and link will work]-https ://drive.google.com/file/d/1C-W-3WuCkCWVNytmDOWl7a2ygaJA32TR/view?usp=sharing)?  Thank´s a lot, it´s very sad for me, that I now have to store money again. Thank´s to everyone.
2019-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Matěj paur Posted at 1-9 10:44
Hello, today my Phantom 4 pro+, which I have been storing money whole my life (I am just 18), fell out of the sky. Drone is broken a lot and I don´t know what happened. Can anyone tell me what happened from LOG (I can not send here URLs so I must write it like this [delete space after https and link will work]-https ://drive.google.com/file/d/1C-W-3WuCkCWVNytmDOWl7a2ygaJA32TR/view?usp=sharing)?  Thank´s a lot, it´s very sad for me, that I now have to store money again. Thank´s to everyone.

Hi Matěj paur, we are so sorry for the crash accident, if the drone is still in the warranty period and you believe the accident has nothing to do with the pilot operation, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket for the data analysis, we have the professional data analysis team who will help to figure out what happened. Thank you.
2019-1-10
Use props
Jim Watkins
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9132172 ft
United States

Hello all,

I had my P4P fall out of the sky from 100' without warning.  Major damage.  I think you should read this thread I started a few days ago.  The problem is caused when the battery connector (which is inadequate) overheats and can fail causing a total loss of power and a crash without any warning.  The flight logs will not show any anomalies because the instant the battery connection fails, not only does the quad fall from the sky, but all flight logging stopps abruptly.  Therefore, the flight records will not show anything unusual they just end suddenly.   If your drone is no longer under warranty DJI will send you an email stating; "
According to the analysis, no crash was found in the available flight records and there's obvious damage that impairs the normal function of the unit. The cause of the issue is due to physical damage. Therefore the incident was not caused by any product malfunction.  
We can still proceed with the repair, however, you will cover the repair charges.  Your understanding and cooperation will be highly appreciated."  This is faulty logic since the absence of any evidence in the flight record does not rule out a hardware failure of this type.  DJI wants to charge me over $500.00 to repair my P4P.  Not cool at all!  Follow this link for the whole story and I will update it when this is all over.

--Jim
(Burbank, CA)
2019-4-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jim Watkins Posted at 4-13 13:58
Hello all,

I had my P4P fall out of the sky from 100' without warning.  Major damage.  I think you should read this thread I started a few days ago.  The problem is caused when the battery connector (which is inadequate) overheats and can fail causing a total loss of power and a crash without any warning.  The flight logs will not show any anomalies because the instant the battery connection fails, not only does the quad fall from the sky, but all flight logging stopps abruptly.  Therefore, the flight records will not show anything unusual they just end suddenly.   If your drone is no longer under warranty DJI will send you an email stating; "According to the analysis, no crash was found in the available flight records and there's obvious damage that impairs the normal function of the unit. The cause of the issue is due to physical damage. Therefore the incident was not caused by any product malfunction.  We can still proceed with the repair, however, you will cover the repair charges.  Your understanding and cooperation will be highly appreciated."  This is faulty logic since the absence of any evidence in the flight record does not rule out a hardware failure of this type.  DJI wants to charge me over $500.00 to repair my P4P.  Not cool at all!  Follow this link for the whole story and I will update it when this is all over.

Hi Jim, we are so sorry for the crash accident and the warranty service cannot be provided, upon checking the case, no crash was found on the available flight data, we are very regretful for this situation. Your concern will be forwarded to the higher level team to double review, we will have someone to contact you soon, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-4-13
Use props
ERICIO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26568 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-23 01:40
Thanks for the email ticket number, the team will reply soon and guide you what to do next, please wait patiently for the email reply, thank you.

Hi Mindy,
Can you assist me with DJI Service Quotation CAS-2420051-B9V2K0 CRM:0001006685507, please?
RAM, in an e-mail today , claims DJI dos not have my flight logs.  Shouldn’t DJI be able to pull my synced flight logs from my account?  

I followed the instructions in the e-mail, as it pertains to syncing flight records so DJI could review.  Appreciate any help.
2019-4-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ERICIO Posted at 4-16 19:41
Hi Mindy,
Can you assist me with DJI Service Quotation CAS-2420051-B9V2K0 CRM:0001006685507, please?
RAM, in an e-mail today , claims DJI dos not have my flight logs.  Shouldn’t DJI be able to pull my synced flight logs from my account?  

Hi ERICIO, upon checking the email record, we cannot sync your flight records in our server via your account, did you export the flight records manually? I will PM you the manual of how to export the flight records, please check later, thanks.
2019-4-16
Use props
Jim Watkins
lvl.4
United States

THis post was deleted
2019-4-17
Use props
Jim Watkins
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-13 19:08
Hi Jim, we are so sorry for the crash accident and the warranty service cannot be provided, upon checking the case, no crash was found on the available flight data, we are very regretful for this situation. Your concern will be forwarded to the higher level team to double review, we will have someone to contact you soon, please wait patiently, thank you.

UPDATE,

I am pleased to report that although DJI initially was going to charge me $500.00 plus tax for this repair, they eventually decided to pay for the entire cost of repairing my P4P as well as providing a replacement battery at no charge since the crash was caused by the failure of the battery connector and not operator error.  Thank you for being fair DJI.  I am satisfied with the outcome, however, going forward, I will be checking the battery connector everytime as part of my preflight routine.

--Jim
(Burbank, CA)
2019-4-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jim Watkins Posted at 4-17 14:08
UPDATE,

I am pleased to report that although DJI initially was going to charge me $500.00 plus tax for this repair, they eventually decided to pay for the entire cost of repairing my P4P as well as providing a replacement battery at no charge since the crash was caused by the failure of the battery connector and not operator error.  Thank you for being fair DJI.  I am satisfied with the outcome, however, going forward, I will be checking the battery connector everytime as part of my preflight routine.

Jim, thanks for your update, glad to know the warranty service was provided in the end, hope you will get the drone back soon.
2019-4-17
Use props
fans24af896f
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

yes, mine just dropped out of the sky on Friday from 200'
I own 2 phantom 3s, 1 mavic pro, 1 phantom 4 pro 2, an osmo, an osmo pocket, and two ronin mx's

Flying at around 200', 300' away, disconnected an dropped to the ground.  clear sky and weather.

just great.

2019-4-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans24af896f Posted at 4-21 11:45
yes, mine just dropped out of the sky on Friday from 200'
I own 2 phantom 3s, 1 mavic pro, 1 phantom 4 pro 2, an osmo, an osmo pocket, and two ronin mx's

Hi there, we are very sorry for the crash accident, if the drone has been retrieved and is still in the warranty period, please start a ticket here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav and send in the drone for the data analysis, our team will help figure out what happened, thanks.
2019-4-21
Use props
fansa3b4e981
lvl.1

Luxembourg

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-21 19:48
Hi there, we are very sorry for the crash accident, if the drone has been retrieved and is still in the warranty period, please start a ticket here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav and send in the drone for the data analysis, our team will help figure out what happened, thanks.

Hello,

I had an absolutely same case with my drone. Company owned, used for inspecting installations, no time for stunts and jokes. Flying drones for more than 3 years.
I sent the drone to the service, had the case number CAS-3128017-L0S4L5. After sending all data for analysis, DJI confirmed that it cannot be confirmed that an obstacle was hit, but refused to repair it for free. Could you please explain why some cases are repaired for free and others are refused, for the same reason of sudden in-flight shutdown?
2019-8-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansa3b4e981 Posted at 8-16 07:09
Hello,

I had an absolutely same case with my drone. Company owned, used for inspecting installations, no time for stunts and jokes. Flying drones for more than 3 years.

Hi there, sorry to know the warranty was not provided on your case, upon checking the data analysis, the flight record does not show any product error, and it is unable to judge the reasons why the drone has damage. We'd love to figure out what happened but we are not able to analysis without a useful flight record. Appreciate your understanding.
2019-8-18
Use props
Michaelpop
lvl.1

Luxembourg

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-18 02:56
Hi there, sorry to know the warranty was not provided on your case, upon checking the data analysis, the flight record does not show any product error, and it is unable to judge the reasons why the drone has damage. We'd love to figure out what happened but we are not able to analysis without a useful flight record. Appreciate your understanding.

Sorry, what understanding can I have if the flight record is missing...because of the drone's fault? For me, a sudden in-flight shutdown is absolutely similar to pulling out the plug from a PC: the last file remains unsaved. In this case the flight record. Anyway, for me the quality of support was in this case very very low, which will unfortunately lead to selling the drones. (2 Phantom 4 Adv and one Mavic 2 Pro)
2019-8-18
Use props
Michaelpop
lvl.1

Luxembourg

Michaelpop Posted at 8-18 22:40
Sorry, what understanding can I have if the flight record is missing...because of the drone's fault? For me, a sudden in-flight shutdown is absolutely similar to pulling out the plug from a PC: the last file remains unsaved. In this case the flight record. Anyway, for me the quality of support was in this case very very low, which will unfortunately lead to selling the drones.  (2 Phantom 4 Adv and one Mavic 2 Pro)

Case update: Re-sent the same drone, in the same box, in the same condition back to DJI with case number CAS-3389410-R7C1W9, now they claim that the repair doesn't cost 300eur, it's a total loss due to "contact with LIQUID" (?!?!?!?). Cost proposal suddenly is 1006eur, for a drone which was bought with 770eur. Makes me wonder even more about DJI's after sales strategy... :-s
2019-8-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Michaelpop Posted at 8-20 07:38
Case update: Re-sent the same drone, in the same box, in the same condition back to DJI with case number CAS-3389410-R7C1W9, now they claim that the repair doesn't cost 300eur, it's a total loss due to "contact with LIQUID" (?!?!?!?). Cost proposal suddenly is 1006eur, for a drone which was bought with 770eur. Makes me wonder even more about DJI's after sales strategy... :-s

Sorry about that, your case has been escalated to the higher-level team for further follow-up, we will have someone to contact you after further evaluation, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-8-21
Use props
Michaelpop
lvl.1

Luxembourg

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-21 05:17
Sorry about that, your case has been escalated to the higher-level team for further follow-up, we will have someone to contact you after further evaluation, please wait patiently, thank you.

Of course, doing this for now almost 3 months, no problem if I will have to ping-pong another month for this. But as you can see, being absolutely sure about the reasons of the fall, about the way it was used and having now also the proof of how cases are treated, I cannot let loose and yes, it's ok that it is escalated to a higher level. Remains to see what the higher level's targets are.
2019-8-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Michaelpop Posted at 8-21 05:23
Of course, doing this for now almost 3 months, no problem if I will have to ping-pong another month for this. But as you can see, being absolutely sure about the reasons of the fall, about the way it was used and having now also the proof of how cases are treated, I cannot let loose and yes, it's ok that it is escalated to a higher level. Remains to see what the higher level's targets are.

I see our manager has contacted you, hope the case will be solved soon.
2019-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules