Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
USB Cable - Mavic / Spark
2381 14 2018-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RobG007
lvl.2
Flight distance : 256 ft
South Africa

I found this cable for the Mavic, not knowing the Mavic RC, can we use this cable on the Spark RC?
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/p ... able_for_mavic.html
2018-1-16
Use props
headshot9
lvl.3
United States

In concept, yes, but you should read the forum about recent issues that people are having with OTG cables and latest Spark versions.
2018-1-16
Use props
RobG007
lvl.2
South Africa

I am running Go 4.1.15 so am using a cable. I like the 90 degree bend on this one, just needed to know if it would fit the micro USB setup / position on the Spark RC.
2018-1-17
Use props
Mario_b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 977103 ft
Germany

headshot9 Posted at 2018-1-16 22:46
In concept, yes, but you should read the forum about recent issues that people are having with OTG cables and latest Spark versions.

No issues with latest Spark Version, only latest DJI GO Version . 4.1.15 is last working OTG Version.
2018-1-17
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

this is too short it won't reach , the spark controller has a single micro usb in the base of the controller, best length is 25cm.

Android - micro usb to micro usb
IOS - lightining to micro usb

or a normal cable with a micro usb adaptor

Spark OTG - Copy.jpg
2018-1-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

RobG007 Posted at 2018-1-17 01:40
I am running Go 4.1.15 so am using a cable. I like the 90 degree bend on this one, just needed to know if it would fit the micro USB setup / position on the Spark RC.

Sir, OTG cable is not supported by spark now. Please wait patiently. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-1-21
Use props
FNG Services
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3606 ft
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-21 18:55
Sir, OTG cable is not supported by spark now. Please wait patiently. Thanks for your understanding.

Hi Electra, does this mean that the Spark will support OTG in the future? If so any idea on the time frame.
I am using my phone now and WiFi to hook up to the remote. My phone has a data plan so I can unlock zones, but I would like to use my WiFi only IPad mini and if I need to unlock a zone there is no way other then to use the web sight in advance.

Thank you!
2018-1-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

FNG Services Posted at 2018-1-21 19:03
Hi Electra, does this mean that the Spark will support OTG in the future? If so any idea on the time frame.
I am using my phone now and WiFi to hook up to the remote. My phone has a data plan so I can unlock zones, but I would like to use my WiFi only IPad mini and if I need to unlock a zone there is no way other then to use the web sight in advance.

Sorry that I have no idea about the specific data of releasing OTG cable. I would recommend you use IPhone to unlock the NFZ and fly your drone for now. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-23
Use props
Chris-King
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6562 ft

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-23 02:22
Sorry that I have no idea about the specific data of releasing OTG cable. I would recommend you use IPhone to unlock the NFZ and fly your drone for now. Thanks for your support.

See my post here:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-130799-1-1.html
2018-1-23
Use props
Chris-King
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6562 ft

FNG Services Posted at 2018-1-21 19:03
Hi Electra, does this mean that the Spark will support OTG in the future? If so any idea on the time frame.
I am using my phone now and WiFi to hook up to the remote. My phone has a data plan so I can unlock zones, but I would like to use my WiFi only IPad mini and if I need to unlock a zone there is no way other then to use the web sight in advance.

See my post here:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-130799-1-1.html
2018-1-23
Use props
bazinga
lvl.1
United Kingdom

hi all. quick question. I've just both my spark few days ago so wasn't able to fly it yet but I've managed to connect my phone (galaxy S8) via OTG cable to controller without any issues and I'm using DJI Go v4.1.22. Just because it says connected can I assume that it will fly without any issues? Most of you guys say that OTG is not supported in 4.1.22 version. If not supported, does it mean that it does not connects at all or connects but with flying issues? Thanx
2018-1-23
Use props
Grmachine
lvl.4
United States

OTG connects just fine, and the video feed is smooth and fast, but most of your aircraft telemetry does not show, this is why it’s not recommended. You will be lacking important flight data.
2018-1-23
Use props
bazinga
lvl.1
United Kingdom

thanks Grmachine. good to know.
2018-1-23
Use props
BMelody
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3146 ft
United States

The link the OP posted shows a USB micro to USB Type "C" connector. The Type "C" does NOT fit either my Spark or Mavic. What you want is USB micro to USB micro. Here is the one I use with my Spark and a cell phone with the charge port on the side of the phone.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The right angled connector (in my case) goes to the phone. This is a short about 15cm or 6". Perfect fit and length for my application.

If you want a longer cable here is another choice. I also have one of these and it works with both the Spark and Mavic but its length is ~ 29cm.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I do not know if the controllers ever had a type "C" connector but it will NOT fit. It looks like it should but it will not. Save your money.

If you want to use an OTG cable with a Spark you will have install a lower version of DJI GO 4 app as the current one does not support the Spark using OTG.  The current version will not (as mentioned above) show the flight info. Should you chose to downgrade the DJI GO 4 app to P4_v4.1.15 it will show all the flight information. Details on how to downgrade are available on the web and easy to do. Fortunately the lower versions of the app is also available from several sources. I have done this and fly using the OTG cable as it speeds up the video lag) to almost instant. DJI does not currently support using OTG but in my case the wifi is too slow.  DJI is working on this issue and I hope will release and update soon.
2018-1-23
Use props
RobG007
lvl.2
South Africa

I have a Hauwei P9 that uses the USB type C for connecting / charging. I was just interested to know if this cable for the Mavic RC would fit the Spark RC (the USB micro end).
2018-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules