1801 22 2018-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Robertneumann19
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1766394 ft
  • >>>
Poland

So yesterday I managed somehow to unlock NFL after requesting this with Safe Fly Team.
The built in app did not get it straight away so I struggled but evantually the zone was unlocked.
Now I want to fly outside that zone and understand I need to disable the zone in the app. This I cannot do as the bar does not stay in the left - disabled position.
DJI can you do something about the app? Each step I have difficulties with Phantom 4 pro plus :-(
2018-1-17
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Not sure is the solution, but try to log-out and log-in ???
Don't ask DJi about P4P+, seems to be their taboo...
2018-1-17
Use props
Robertneumann19
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

Ok will try that. Yes DJI released the drone which is all broken and is not willing to state that!
2018-1-17
Use props
Robertneumann19
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

So loging out and in did not help but it was a good tip as I logged in to the other account :-)
2018-1-17
Use props
Robertneumann19
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

15matjan big thank you :-)
2018-1-17
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

You're welcome
Glad you sorted it somehow...
Another bug to fix on a list which they are continually ignoring
2018-1-17
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Robertneumann19 Posted at 2018-1-17 09:04
Ok will try that. Yes DJI released the drone which is all broken and is not willing to state that!

Really? Mine is flying charmingly for almost a year. Lucky me?
2018-1-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello Robert, may I know what's the current status? Could you post the screenshot for better assistance?
2018-1-17
Use props
Robertneumann19
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

Dear Susan, current status is:
On one account I am not able to disable NFZ which I will need to fly again next week. This means for now I am not able to fly outside  that zone. However luckilly I have another account and there I can fly anywher except all NFZs.
2018-1-17
Use props
Robertneumann19
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

The problem is I am not able to set the bar to left as it returns to the right (enable) position all the time.
726A6B63-9EE4-4A8B-8272-22DE25DA437A.png
2018-1-17
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-1-17 10:14
Really? Mine is flying charmingly for almost a year. Lucky me?

"Really?"...weird way to help one in need...
You're a lucky guy maaaan
2018-1-18
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

15matjan Posted at 2018-1-18 00:15
"Really?"...weird way to help one in need...
You're a lucky guy maaaan

In this case helping was not my intention indeed since I had none to offer. It was simply my attempt to question the value of such authoritative statement, fueled by OP's unfortunate adventures with P4P+. No documented research or credible statistics of any kind whatsoever were offered to support it. Complains on this forum about failures of DJI technology or customer service doesn't reflects the existence of much bigger group of happy, but silent pilots...
2018-1-18
Use props
Robertneumann19
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

Matthew I am really glad you do not have issues. And I would give anything not to have them either. My experience with DJI drones is really tough. 220 hours airbone last year using 3 drones and each of them had to go for repair at least once (6 times in total). None of the issue was mine fault. The problem with DJI I experience is that they always know better and do not want to listen to customers.
2018-1-18
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-1-18 01:34
In this case helping was not my intention indeed since I had none to offer. It was simply my attempt to question the value of such authoritative statement, fueled by OP's unfortunate adventures with P4P+. No documented research or credible statistics of any kind whatsoever were offered to support it. Complains on this forum about failures of DJI technology or customer service doesn't reflects the existence of much bigger group of happy, but silent pilots...

I wonder where my fault was, after paying as much as you and other customers, to be unable to belong to the "bigger group of happy, but silent pilots..."
The unsolved bugs and design failures of P4P+ are well known and WELL REPORTED on this forum.
If required, I can post you a digest list to refresh your memory. On many, you answered and expresed your legal opinion.
Unfortunately for us, DJI seem to prefer ignoring us, and no fixes are available.
Moreover, on one hand DJI Thor acknolwedges to be informed of those and promise us to forward them to the engineers and, two months later, DJI Susan says she doubt it as their engineers are not awared of these required fixes...Everything is still published on the respective topics. I wonder if this is not...taking us for fools. Five days later, neither Thor nor Susan answered my questions nor my PM's and I don't expect any future answer nor apologizes...Too many times when there is a burning issue or a critical opinion, DJI's solution is silence... In Europe we have a different way to solve the things, we use to face them directly: either dare tell us what we claim for is not true or, if we are right, react.
Do you consider strange then if we convert in a claiming, noisy, minority ????
2018-1-18
Use props
Robertneumann19
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

Yes, 15matjan is right. Nothing else to add.
2018-1-18
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

15matjan Posted at 2018-1-18 03:02
I wonder where my fault was, after paying as much as you and other customers, to be unable to belong to the "bigger group of happy, but silent pilots..."
The unsolved bugs and design failures of P4P+ are well known and WELL REPORTED on this forum.
If required, I can post you a digest list to refresh your memory. On many, you answered and expresed your legal opinion.

You missed my point. All I'm saying is that we don't know what is the ratio of unsatisfied (for whatever reason) DJI customers to these who are flying their drones happily with no issues. We just don't know ... I'm not saying that PO has no reasons to complain or demand fair treatment. Unfortunately to us DJI is offering cutting edge and fragile technology no one else is able to compete with. From far, far away. And that's why it is what it is, and nothing will change until equally potent product will be offered by an western manufacturer. Unlikely ...
2018-1-18
Use props
Robertneumann19
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

DJI has to improve the quality of their support because at the moment it is far away profesionalism :-(
2018-1-18
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-1-18 15:17
You missed my point. All I'm saying is that we don't know what is the ratio of unsatisfied (for whatever reason) DJI customers to these who are flying their drones happily with no issues. We just don't know ... I'm not saying that PO has no reasons to complain or demand fair treatment. Unfortunately to us DJI is offering cutting edge and fragile technology no one else is able to compete with. From far, far away. And that's why it is what it is, and nothing will change until equally potent product will be offered by an western manufacturer. Unlikely ...

The ratio unsatisfied to satisfied owners is totally irrelevant for the owners facing REAL malfunctionalities and bugs still to be fixed by DJI.

Same ratio is irrelevant for the potential customers, they hope to be able to choose better informed.

It only may be useful to congratulate yourself.

Selling high tech is not an excuse for failures. I can alos start selling high tech space crafts for tourists with a minor bug: some models from time to time loose air while in space...But only a minority...
2018-1-19
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

15matjan Posted at 2018-1-19 01:10
The ratio unsatisfied to satisfied owners is totally irrelevant for the owners facing REAL malfunctionalities and bugs still to be fixed by DJI.

Same ratio is irrelevant for the potential customers, they hope to be able to choose better informed.

And again you've missed my point. Robert said that "DJI released the drone which is all broken and (DJI) is not willing to state that!". I replied that - in contrary - DJI released another fine drone which works as expected. Both opinions are of exactly the same value as being fueled by personal experience of two individuals using the same tool. One individual (Robert) belongs to a group of unfortunate P4P+ owners trying to solve particular issues. This is very vocal, usually loud group of posters on this forum. Another individual - myself in this case - belongs to a group of lucky P4P+ pilots, flying with no issue whatsoever. This is a silent pack, usually with no reason to post anything here.

Said that (bear with me, please), both opinions doesn't reflect the true state of DJI's aftersale service and support, which - accordingly to numerous complains posted here - appears to be far from acceptable. WE DON'T KNOW!!! We simply don't know how many cases have been solved perfectly in timely manner, how many have been ignored or neglected for whatever reason. We don't know how many DJI drones is flying happily and how many is falling due to hardware or software malfunctioning.

My badly damaged X5 gimbal was fixed and shipped back in 5 days, no issue. Lucky me?
2018-1-19
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-1-19 12:21
And again you've missed my point. Robert said that "DJI released the drone which is all broken and (DJI) is not willing to state that!". I replied that - in contrary - DJI released another fine drone which works as expected. Both opinions are of exactly the same value as being fueled by personal experience of two individuals using the same tool. One individual (Robert) belongs to a group of unfortunate P4P+ owners trying to solve particular issues. This is very vocal, usually loud group of posters on this forum. Another individual - myself in this case - belongs to a group of lucky P4P+ pilots, flying with no issue whatsoever. This is a silent pack, usually with no reason to post anything here.

Said that (bear with me, please), both opinions doesn't reflect the true state of DJI's aftersale service and support, which - accordingly to numerous complains posted here - appears to be far from acceptable. WE DON'T KNOW!!! We simply don't know how many cases have been solved perfectly in timely manner, how many have been ignored or neglected for whatever reason. We don't know how many DJI drones is flying happily and how many is falling due to hardware or software malfunctioning.

The fact they fixed and shipped your X5 gimbal is not a good luck but an usual, common, customer oriented, normal way of making business. Nothing to praise for here.

Ignoring the owners experiencing bugs or malfunctionalities is a suicidal way of doing business. But perhaps the ratio of killings is yet small and that's why DJI does not react.

Business is different in real life, and a dissapointed or unsatisfied client is something most American and EU companies hate and try at all expenses to avoid. Because competition is harder and harsher and a leaving client mean literally hundreds or thousands of sale opportunities lost.

Of course, such things are not taught on the Communist party lessons and I know they'd rather prefer having all the happy clients seated in a big congress hall and applauding the wonders of their perfect flying birds. No disidents allowed...
When they exist ignore them.Or even shoot them and send the bullet's invoice to the family.

For a reason which I ignore, I wouldn't have been "gifted" (in fact I paid full fare for it) with a faulty product and no fixing solution is provided.

You want to applaude, do it, is a free forum. I have the same rights to explain my real experiences as you do. Sun don't shine everywhere on DJI's owners yard.
As for the statistics, I see is you who can't get the point...If you'd have belonged to the "pack" of the owners with problems you'd have had a different opinion and attitude. And zero interest in statistics who do not solve your real problems.
Is as selfish as telling to an ill person to be happy because you have a rock solid health...
You're a owner and user as we too. Leave the stats on behalf of DJI's survey services. They know better your happinesses and our nightmares...
2018-1-20
Use props
Robertneumann19
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

DJI keeps ignoring because noone went to press yet and make it loud. Maybe then they would change the strategy...
2018-1-20
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

15matjan Posted at 2018-1-20 00:46
The fact they fixed and shipped your X5 gimbal is not a good luck but an usual, common, customer oriented, normal way of making business. Nothing to praise for here.

Ignoring the owners experiencing bugs or malfunctionalities is a suicidal way of doing business. But perhaps the ratio of killings is yet small and that's why DJI does not react.

15matjan, I truly appreciate your willingness to keep this conversation civilized. I understand your reasoning and intentions. In conclusion I'll shut up from now on, since I have not much to complain about, nor to contribute to your crusade. This may change any moment if my luck goes away. Hope not.
All the best ...
2018-1-20
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-1-20 18:06
15matjan, I truly appreciate your willingness to keep this conversation civilized. I understand your reasoning and intentions. In conclusion I'll shut up from now on, since I have not much to complain about, nor to contribute to your crusade. This may change any moment if my luck goes away. Hope not.
All the best ...

Thanks Matthew, I hope to be able to step soon, better say, to fly, on the same, problemless Phantom experience, it is not only on my hands and perhaps a future FW will fix it.
Happy flights and clear sky there
2018-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules