2106 5 2018-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9051eff3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 121969 ft
United States

Hello,

I just received my CrystalSky ultra bright yesterday after waiting for quite some time. Unforunately the backlight apperas to flicker quite badly. So fast that I can't can't reproduce the issue using a camera. How do I go about submitting a support ticket? CrystalSky doesn't seem to be one of the available product options when opening a ticket. Very dissapointed.
2018-1-17
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Just choose P4P option and in the body of the ticket describe the CS problem, unfortunately  the back light failures are becoming more and more common.

When the backlight started to flicker was the CS hot/warm at all, was the area around the ports hot and was the fan on ?

I suspect it's something to do with overheating, causing a "reflow" and then a backlight connection problem
2018-1-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sir, can you shoot a video to reproduce the problem before sending it back? Or you can contact our support and enter the following link to start a case: http://www.dji.com/support You can submit SN instead of product model.
repair.JPG
2018-1-19
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

lannes Posted at 2018-1-17 14:27
Just choose P4P option and in the body of the ticket describe the CS problem, unfortunately  the back light failures are becoming more and more common.

When the backlight started to flicker was the CS hot/warm at all, was the area around the ports hot and was the fan on ?

Aloha lannes,

My friend got the Ultra CS for his Obsidian and in the opening or second flight, it had a number of problems including not being able to shut off.  Eventually I was able to shut it off and restart it and it seemed to work OK. except the backlight had a corona around the edge.  After a day, the Ultra seemed to get back to normal.

During all this the upper left of the tablet seemed to be hotter than healthy and even that seemed to reconcile itself.  After a few weeks of uneventful flying, we decided to try the HDMI port to see how well it worked.  What a disaster!  Major pixilation, green and gray issues to the point that the Obsidian was almost out of control.  We unplugged the HDMI and everything went back to normal.

It turns out that the HDMI port is where the first issue with the Ultra CS happened with the excessive heat.  Have you seen anyone else who had a failed HDMI port issue like this?

My CS has not had that problem but it is not the Ultra.  The HDMI works great on mine.  The company he flies for just got two Ultra CS for a Matrice 100.  We intend to test out the HDMI in those soon.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-1-20
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 2018-1-20 00:40
Aloha lannes,

My friend got the Ultra CS for his Obsidian and in the opening or second flight, it had a number of problems including not being able to shut off.  Eventually I was able to shut it off and restart it and it seemed to work OK. except the backlight had a corona around the edge.  After a day, the Ultra seemed to get back to normal.

Hi Cetacean.

I haven't noticed any specific issues with the HDMI port on my Ultra although the area close to the ports on the back of the CS gets warm. Heat is the main thing that effects the stability of electronics, so maybe the hdmi issues are coming from the excess heat in this area, have you tried the hdmi port from a cold start to see if exhibits the same pixelation and latency issues.

I believe most of the issues around the backlight are only happening with the Ultra, they must run hotter with the 2000nits screen when compared to the normal CS.

You'll notice that the problems you and your friend were having were having with the Ultra was occurring after an hour of having it on, obviously the heat build would have been significant at that stage causing it to malfunction.

On your normal CS, do you notice the fan activating as soon as you turn it on ? On my Ultra the fan powers up straight away, when it was new and before the latest upgrade the fan never came on. So something has gone awry with the latest firmware upgrade, some people have reported overheat warnings a few minutes into flying sessions starting from cold.

DJI need to review the firmware to see why the unit is running hotter than it used too, rather than possibly damaging the back lighting by using it , I've decided to shelve my Ultra until a new firmware comes along.

I have a 5.5 which does not get as hot as the Ultra so I'll be using that instead.

2018-1-20
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

lannes Posted at 2018-1-20 02:30
Hi Cetacean.

I haven't noticed any specific issues with the HDMI port on my Ultra although the area close to the ports on the back of the CS gets warm. Heat is the main thing that effects the stability of electronics, so maybe the hdmi issues are coming from the excess heat in this area, have you tried the hdmi port from a cold start to see if exhibits the same pixelation and latency issues.

Aloha lannes,

Mahalo for the response, I will look at the initial start-up.  But with my HDMI system (we used mine), we start it up in HDMI mode, and in the test, it is now problematic from the beginning.  If we had tried it a couple weeks earlier, maybe it would have been different.

Mahalo again for the response.  We will work on it, but it looks like he will have to turn it in to DJI on warranty.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules