GPS tracker if lost
18486 47 2015-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Swedrone Posted at 2015-10-24 18:59
the tracking from the DJI app works as long as the power of the bird is not broken off. Say you hit ...

You're going to have to enlighten us on exactly how a P3 is going to 'fly' off somewhere once the battery has been ripped out, as in your scenario? With no battery it will have the flying capability of a lead submarine.
2015-10-24
Use props
astrostar
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2015-10-24 09:07
You're going to have to enlighten us on exactly how a P3 is going to 'fly' off somewhere once the  ...

For anyone with a Trackimo here's a neat holder for it....

Trackimo holder
2015-10-24
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Geebax Posted at 2015-10-24 10:07
You're going to have to enlighten us on exactly how a P3 is going to 'fly' off somewhere once the  ...

I´m enlightening you then. I think most of us can picture the drone hitting a tree at 60 ft then not falling down directly under but continuing to "fly" due to momentum. In high grass, bushes or snow it will be very difficult to find it. Feel enlightened?
2015-10-24
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

Although expensive, I opted for the Marco Polo Tracking System.    I fly in some remote areas and the others (like trackimo) require a cell tower (and data service) to properly operate.     The marco polo system is self-contained and has a tracking distance of 1-2 miles (depending on the obstacles)

2015-10-24
Use props
Eagle-ONE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 495869 ft
United States

Don't look any more TRACKIMO is the best Option.
2015-10-24
Use props
ag0n
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I use a LassoTag currently attached to the top of the drone with a zip tie around the main body:

The top?  I assume you know that anything on the top of the shell will block the GPS antenna located right there, on the inside.
2015-10-24
Use props
Tabby Tabz
lvl.1

Philippines

im using trackimo's 3G device as my GPS tracker incase my drone will get lost.
2017-4-19
Use props
Julia Baker
lvl.1

Philippines

Well I'm using trackimo a 3g gps tracker that they claim to have a global coverage. There was one time I lost connection of my drone in mid flight and we where in the mountains and it flew away to some place I don't know but luckily I had a tracker on it and tracked it immediately. Then I recovered it on top of a tree between our last location and our home. The batteries must have died while on rth mode.
2017-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules