Issues Connecting WiFi Repeatedly to Spark or Spark Remote
1424 3 2018-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cookie22
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53930 ft
United States

Has anyone had any issues connecting their phones WiFi to either the Spark or the Spark Remote?

Here's the issue I'm having:
  • I connect my Google Pixel XL phone to either the remote or directly to the drone.
  • The message about the access point not having internet access comes up and I select "stay connected"
  • I launch DJI Go 4 and everything works fine.
  • The next time I fly, the WiFi is remembered and it connects, but then the DJI Go 4 App never sees the drone.
  • To get it to work, I have to go into the WiFi settings, forget the network, and then reconnect from the beginning, entering the password all over again.

This is really annoying!

Thanks,
Kevin

2018-1-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Cookie, since your phone connects with spark with wifi, it is normal to get the message of no internet access. As you mentioned above, DJI GO app never sees the drone, please tell me the message you got from your app. Did you try to change a mobile device? What is the version of your app? I would recommend you sync all the flight records and save the files. Then reinstall the app. Thanks for your support.  
2018-1-17
Use props
Cookie22
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53930 ft
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-17 23:42
Cookie, since your phone connects with spark with wifi, it is normal to get the message of no internet access. As you mentioned above, DJI GO app never sees the drone, please tell me the message you got from your app. Did you try to change a mobile device? What is the version of your app? I would recommend you sync all the flight records and save the files. Then reinstall the app. Thanks for your support.

Still no luck. It just shows that there's not connection unless I forget the WiFi connection and then re-add it. I tried reinstalling the app, but that didn't fix it.
2018-2-4
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Cookie22 Posted at 2018-2-4 11:36
Still no luck. It just shows that there's not connection unless I forget the WiFi connection and then re-add it. I tried reinstalling the app, but that didn't fix it.

When you connect your phone with RC, you need to reset the spark's wifi to search the drone's wifi. And your phone should remember the password. Please try to use another device for check. Or you can shoot a video of the process. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules