Mavic pro compass calibration keeps failing
3150 4 2018-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_MDortOf
New
China

Hi,

I keep trying to calibrate my drones compass but it’s keeps failing. I’m following the instructions and I don’t know why it won’t work.
It can still fly as it says it’s on redundancy (not sure I understand what that means) but obviously I want to solve this.

Any help much appreciated.
2018-1-18
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

Keeps failing?
leave this place don't fly.
2018-1-18
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

The compass calibration process is very sensitive to interference. Interference is usually the result of things you cannot see for examples: rebar in a concrete floor surface, steel in a building structure, metal in a table construction or magnets in a table drawer or metal that might be buried below the ground etc. it is a process that takes many users a number of times to get right. When calibrating keep the drone 1.5m away from all possible metal objects. i believe dji says 1.5m away from possible interferance sources ie a bar counter height is better than a table height. Be sure to move a metal, knives or forks or pots etc at least 1.5m away from where you are trying to do a calibration. Otherwise do it out doors but ensure the height above ground is 1.5m plus. have an expectation that it may take 2 or 3 attempts to get right - now try again - hope it works. the 'redundancy' message i do not understand.
2018-1-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Mavic has dual compasses, the other will still work if one fails. But please don't continue flying when the compass doesn't work properly. Please try to change another place and calibrate the compass again, please refer to the calibrating process as the tutorial shows. And if the issue persists, make sure the drone is updated, and help to confirm if the drone crashed before, send it back for repair if necessary.
2018-1-18
Use props
djiuser_CbfiJvy
lvl.2
Argentina

the compass does not fail, the application fails ... look at the sensor section in the go4 and comment on the values ​​that the compasses oscillate.
Most of the time it's not a compass problem. it's the mediocre app
2018-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules