DJI DON'T CARE
5378 127 2018-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

rolling56 Posted at 2018-1-20 06:40
While you are here, i have seen your pic(s) (DJI) of people flying indoors. Is this to encourage people to fly indoors? I had never seen that pic on the DJI site until recently and it is a Mavic they are flying. Now i see why people come here with Mavics crashed indoors doing a so called "indoor test". Easy to understand how people get the impression that DJI is encouraging crashes and not replacing their Mavics. Do you get what i am getting at? People see those/that pic and and think huh it's raining outside lets fly the Mavic inside today they show people doing it on their website and have crashes, gimbals ripped off, torn up prop blades etc. Thank you for reading

Basically, we suggest flying in open areas. I think especially for the users who are not very familiar with the drone. However, if the users need to fly indoor, that is also the users' preference, but please be careful when flying in a close place. 御飞行环境.png
2018-1-20
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-20 19:11
Basically, we suggest flying in open areas. I think especially for the users who are not very familiar with the drone. However, if the users need to fly indoor, that is also the users' preference, but please be careful when flying in a close place. [view_image]

Hi DJI Thor let us be real here. Humans look at pics but rarely do they read. If they did read then there would be less people coming here. You/DJI have at least one pic of people enjoying themselves flying indoors. I haven't searched for more and there really is no need with the one already. Thank you for the reply.

2018-1-21
Use props
Peejay1977
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123717 ft
United Kingdom

rolling56 Posted at 2018-1-21 06:17
Hi DJI Thor let us be real here. Humans look at pics but rarely do they read. If they did read then there would be less people coming here. You/DJI have at least one pic of people enjoying themselves flying indoors. I haven't searched for more and there really is no need with the one already. Thank you for the reply.

Anyone spending such an amount on a drone is plain stupid if they don't read the very basics.

If you even understand a fraction of the capabilities of the drone then you'd know flying indoors is NOT encouraged and is very much at the discretion of the user.

Trying to imply that DJI encourage this is just plain silly. And as for the comment about us humans not reading things, you're right. Absolutely right. But generally thats with items that are relatively low value.

If someone is spending £1000+ on a drone (or any other gadget) and does not even read up on the basic do's and don'ts then they deserve any mishap that may befall them.

I've just looked at the Mavic section of the DJI website and I cannot see (I'll admit I only looked quick) any pics or videos of a Mavic being flown indoors. But even if there are, my point still stands.

2018-1-21
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

Peejay1977 Posted at 2018-1-21 10:57
Anyone spending such an amount on a drone is plain stupid if they don't read the very basics.

If you even understand a fraction of the capabilities of the drone then you'd know flying indoors is NOT encouraged and is very much at the discretion of the user.

I've never implied nothing of the sort. All i am saying is people look at pics before they will read. The old monkey see monkey do thing.

Yup seems the pics are gone now. Seems "they" do read. If i see the pics again i will post them here. Hindsight...........dammit
2018-1-21
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

As promised here is one of them and i will look for the other one. I believe there is/was 2 >
2018-1-21
Use props
Peejay1977
lvl.4
United Kingdom

rolling56 Posted at 2018-1-21 13:26
As promised here is one of them and i will look for the other one. I believe there is/was 2 > [view_image]

I see your point, but that pic specifically mentions using Tripod mode.

I do genuinely see your point but I don't think I'd go so far as to think they were "encouraging" people to fly them indoors.

I'd hope common sense would prevail. I guess like knowing you CAN turn the traction control off on a car, but at your own discretion.
2018-1-22
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

Peejay1977 Posted at 2018-1-22 03:59
I see your point, but that pic specifically mentions using Tripod mode.

I do genuinely see your point but I don't think I'd go so far as to think they were "encouraging" people to fly them indoors.

Once again i did NOT say they were encouraging. I mentioned to DJI Susan and i quote myself " Is this to encourage people to fly indoors? " it was a question and not a statement. I am glad you see my point and if you go back to my post #120 to DJI Susan you will see i was asking a question.
and again....people will not read the Tripod mode all they will see is the pic of a Mavic flying indoors. I'm not saying everyone but a pretty good percentage especially the young ones.
2018-1-22
Use props
Peejay1977
lvl.4
United Kingdom

rolling56 Posted at 2018-1-22 05:12
Once again i did NOT say they were encouraging. I mentioned to DJI Susan and i quote myself " Is this to encourage people to fly indoors? " it was a question and not a statement. I am glad you see my point and if you go back to my post #120 to DJI Susan you will see i was asking a question.
and again....people will not read the Tripod mode all they will see is the pic of a Mavic flying indoors. I'm not saying everyone but a pretty good percentage especially the young ones.

And I didn't actually say you were saying it. I said you implied it, only in my first reply, which is how I read your first post. Although it was formed as a question it sounded very much like you were "implying" that showing the drone indoors was to encourage people to fly indoors.

Just how I interpreted it
2018-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules