Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Samsung S8 Owners - In App Compass Issue
985 4 2018-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
asourceunknown
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7021 ft
United States

I've been flying my DJI Spark for a while now and have been attempting to discover what is causing the discrepancy between the drone and the controller when viewed within the DJI app. I can switch to th compass view that should show which direction the Spark is pointig relative to which direction the phone/RC is pointing but it has always been off, sometimes as much as 90 degrees. So I started doing a little testing and sure enough if I take the phone out of the RC grips the compass operates normally, but the interference occurs the moment I place the phone back into the RC grips.
Astonishingly, the compass issues still occur even when the RC is completely off as seen in the google maps app. So I'm pretty sure that the metal in the RC or the grip mounts is causing issues.

I wanted to see if any S8 owners exoereinced the same thing.
2018-1-18
Use props
Mariano500
lvl.2
Argentina

That's right ... the RC components interfere with the S8's compass sensor ... on or off.

Good flights
2018-1-18
Use props
asourceunknown
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7021 ft
United States

I do seem to have discovered something interesting. Placing the S8 in the grips with the top of the phone facing to the left seems to massively improve the performance of the S8 compass.
2018-1-18
Use props
Mariano500
lvl.2
Argentina

It is possible, the sensor can be located at one end
2018-1-18
Use props
Strobing_NYC_Sp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3866470 ft
United States

Or you can buy a phone/tablet holder that brings the phone out of the controller and closer to your face for easier viewing. No compass issues here with Galaxy note 8
2018-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules