Beeping sound after crash
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DjiSepp
lvl.2

Switzerland

Hello, my P3P crashed and the gimbal is broken. So I took it off. But when I turn it on, there is this beeping sound. Fast beeps.

I tried these instructions from solentlife step by step:

--------
Switch on RC, Switch on AC without SD card in.
It will make all the beeps and crap ... and LED on gimbal will be blinking red because it cannot find SD card.

Now insert SD card into slot and let it all do its thing .... it does not need any tablet / phone in this, as the FW is being read from the SD card. (Someone I am sure will say "Holy Moly ... don't insert card in a switched on machine !! .... well ignore them - they are wrong !).

Just go away and have a cup of tea ... just keep an eye on it and leave it alone till the beep changes and the LED on gimbal goes steady green.

Turn everything off.

Then restart RC, then AC then Phone / Tablet. Log onto Phantom WiFi ... start GO .... see if you now have installation working. If so - then I recc'd turning all off and then going to a clear area to do IMU and Compass calibrations ... I do not advise doing either in the house or on driveway. Make sure place you pick is level ... take a mat if necessary.
Once all those are out of the way - then you can do gimbal calibration etc. if you think necessary.

Nigel
---------

The light turned from flashing red/green to flashing green, but the sound does not stop. It is this fast beeping sound. When I switch the drone on, it starts to beep again. Light is flashing green.

Any ideas?

Greetings and thanks for help!

2018-1-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Sorry about this crash and further issues..

I hope you can get it fixed and back to flying it normally, very soon.

In my humble opinion and with all due respect to others, It's a much better idea to do All of your IMU calibrations in the house, where you are guaranteed to have several 90* flat surfaces to perform this important duty on. I also will do my gimbal calibration, while my drone is still on that confirmed flat surface, knowing it is straight and true. Yes, you can and certainly should do your compass calibrations out of doors. Just to be sure you are getting a good calibration away from any immediate electrical interference. But the drone and app will tell you, if you are within any interference anyway.

RedHotPoker
2018-1-18
Use props
DjiSepp
lvl.2

Switzerland

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-1-18 11:51
Sorry about this crash and further issues..

I hope you can get it fixed and back to flying it normally, very soon.

I guess, I will wait for the spareparts and reinstall the gimbal.
I thought it would fly without.

But what does the flashing green on the camera led indicator mean?
2018-1-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

DjiSepp Posted at 2018-1-18 12:19
I guess, I will wait for the spareparts and reinstall the gimbal.
I thought it would fly without.

There are LED charts that explain all DJI blinking light variation meanings.

That necessary info "should" also be available in the written PDF manuals.
Are you getting an image, while in camera view? Is the micro sd card inserted in the drone?
RedHotPoker
2018-1-18
Use props
DjiSepp
lvl.2

Switzerland

I can't get into camera mode. The remote LED is green. They are connected. It seems.
The sd card is not inserted.

The flashing green means: warming up. But it is warm.
2018-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules