Drone to the rescue!! Literally.
1200 12 2018-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlanIRL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5384 ft
Ireland

Public perception of drones may not always be positive but these kind of stories can turn the tide - pardon the pun :-)

https://www.rte.ie/news/newslens ... ralia-drone-rescue/

2018-1-18
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Great story, thank you very much for sharing it! And from what I can see, it was a DJI Matrice that has saved them :-)
2018-1-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-18 12:46
Great story, thank you very much for sharing it! And from what I can see, it was a DJI Matrice that has saved them :-)

I wondered what model it was. The Matrice is an exceptional drone!
2018-1-18
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

A CW Posted at 2018-1-18 12:51
I wondered what model it was. The Matrice is an exceptional drone!

Yes it seems to be a very solid device resisting even strong wind. By the way, our Co-Captain hallmark007 from Ireland is flying it professionally.
2018-1-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-18 12:56
Yes it seems to be a very solid device resisting even strong wind. By the way, our Co-Captain hallmark007 from Ireland is flying it professionally.

I like him - he knows his stuff and is to the point. Does he have any footage from the Matrice do you know? I would LOVE a Matrice 200 but you need a registered business to even order one and I think they're around 20 grand LOL. I am considering an Inspire 2 but the price is also eye watering. I'll have to wash a lot of dishes to get the nod from my wife LOL
2018-1-18
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

A CW Posted at 2018-1-18 13:01
I like him - he knows his stuff and is to the point. Does he have any footage from the Matrice do you know? I would LOVE a Matrice 200 but you need a registered business to even order one and I think they're around 20 grand LOL. I am considering an Inspire 2 but the price is also eye watering. I'll have to wash a lot of dishes to get the nod from my wife LOL

I haven't seen any footage yet and don't know. You'll have to ask him directly. The Inspire 2 is also my dream but I doubt I merit it lol. Might be throwing pearls to the pigs as the bible says. And then you need the camera and the remote in addition. Ends up with a big bill...
2018-1-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-18 13:10
I haven't seen any footage yet and don't know. You'll have to ask him directly. The Inspire 2 is also my dream but I doubt I merit it lol. Might be throwing pearls to the pigs as the bible says. And then you need the camera and the remote in addition. Ends up with a big bill...

Pearls to the pigs LOL That sounds about right. I was flying my Mavic the other day and this elderly chap rocked up pulling what looked like a wheel barrow behind him - I thought 'here we go'... Then he opened the case and my eyes popped out of my head...  

He let me fly it for 5 minutes. An i2 X5S with all the trimmings - nearly £10,000 worth of kit LOL. Amazing!
2018-1-18
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

A CW Posted at 2018-1-18 13:19
Pearls to the pigs LOL That sounds about right. I was flying my Mavic the other day and this elderly chap rocked up pulling what looked like a wheel barrow behind him - I thought 'here we go'... Then he opened the case and my eyes popped out of my head...  
[view_image]
He let me fly it for 5 minutes. An i2 X5S with all the trimmings - nearly £10,000 worth of kit LOL. Amazing!

Lucky you! What a wonderful device. I could only afford it if starting a business with it and offering professional photo/film services. But before I could do that, I would need to retire from my present job for which I have six years to go until retirement. But maybe then with a next generation Inspire... ;-)
2018-1-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-18 13:29
Lucky you! What a wonderful device. I could only afford it if starting a business with it and offering professional photo/film services. But before I could do that, I would need to retire from my present job for which I have six years to go until retirement. But maybe then with a next generation Inspire... ;-)

That was exactly what that guy had done. Retired, passed his UKCAA PfCO (similar to part 107 in the US except you have to write a manual LOL) and bought that drone. Nice way to supplement your pension though I have quite a few years to go.
2018-1-18
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

A CW Posted at 2018-1-18 13:34
That was exactly what that guy had done. Retired, passed his UKCAA PfCO (similar to part 107 in the US except you have to write a manual LOL) and bought that drone. Nice way to supplement your pension though I have quite a few years to go.

So we both have years ahead to first train well on our more modest devices which are great too and maybe one day merit an Inspire ;-)
2018-1-18
Use props
dlewinsohn18
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67257 ft
United States

this is an awesome story
2018-1-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-18 13:42
So we both have years ahead to first train well on our more modest devices which are great too and maybe one day merit an Inspire ;-)

Thats the plan mate - or even use it to save lives as in this case
2018-1-18
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

A CW Posted at 2018-1-18 13:54
Thats the plan mate - or even use it to save lives as in this case

Ok, we have a deal now ;-)
2018-1-18
Use props