No applications can read my DJI Video file
24481 55 2018-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Susan
Administrator

eman_vg Posted at 2018-1-25 16:15
You try to help me, yet you do not respond??

Eman, sorry for the late response due to personal leave. Please try to divide the file and compress to upload, thanks! We'd like to help, but can not ensure whether the video can be recovered or not, please kindly understand.
2018-1-29
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1015440 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-29 23:35
Eman, sorry for the late response due to personal leave. Please try to divide the file and compress to upload, thanks! We'd like to help, but can not ensure whether the video can be recovered or not, please kindly understand.

Well I appreciate you trying. RIP dji file

I wonder what could have caused the issue. Why do these files get corrupted, I didn't end the video, nor did my drone shut off, that is just strange.
2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

eman_vg Posted at 2018-2-6 17:45
Well I appreciate you trying. RIP dji file

I wonder what could have caused the issue. Why do these files get corrupted, I didn't end the video, nor did my drone shut off, that is just strange.

It's a pity. This may appear if the SD card and aircraft are not compatible very well.
2018-2-9
Use props
Tommy D
New
New Zealand

Hi eman_vg  - did you ever resolve this issue?

I've had exactly the same problem (I assume from switching off before the file had time to fully process). I can see the files on the SD card, but no programs will read them. Rather frustrating!

thanks,
Tom
2018-2-26
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
United States

Tommy D Posted at 2018-2-26 22:58

I've had exactly the same problem (I assume from switching off before the file had time to fully process). I can see the files on the SD card, but no programs will read them. Rather frustrating!

Never resolved it, I still have a lost file. But my drone itself doesn't seem to be affected at all from the file being corrupt. All of my recordings now are normal.
2018-2-27
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
United States

Tommy D Posted at 2018-2-26 22:58

I've had exactly the same problem (I assume from switching off before the file had time to fully process). I can see the files on the SD card, but no programs will read them. Rather frustrating!

Never resolved it, I still have a lost file. But my drone itself doesn't seem to be affected at all from the file being corrupt. All of my recordings now are normal.      
2018-2-27
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-9 01:55
It's a pity. This may appear if the SD card and aircraft are not compatible very well.

The card that I used is one of your recommended SD cards.
2018-2-27
Use props
fans1a3bcbae
New

Bahrain

Hi, I had the same issue today, I could view the video in DJI App, but can't open it using any other software, so the solution was:

Open DJI GO App
choose the video > Clip > Create Movie

The new saved file works fine now.

I know it's not the best solution, but could recover something
2018-10-11
Use props
djiuser_ZSpJ2Zeiukey
New

United States

I've had a similar problem with my drone. I took pictures yesterday and it looks like the file may be corrupted. It shows the file size for the JPEG and DNG photos, but no application is able to support it.

Here's the link for the dropbox. If someone could please advise, that would be great! ?dl=0
2019-7-9
Use props
djiuser_ZSpJ2Zeiukey
New

United States

I've had a similar problem with my drone. I took pictures yesterday and it looks like the file may be corrupted. It shows the file size for the JPEG and DNG photos, but no application is able to support it.

Here's the link for the dropbox. If someone could please advise, that would be great! ?dl=0
2019-7-9
Use props
boydMan
New
United States

AlanHd Posted at 2018-1-20 13:17
You could try this http://grauonline.de/cms2/?page_id=5#purchase it has a demo version where it will do 50% of the file for free, You just feed it your damaged file and a good file for reference, Ive had good success with it for my gopro footage.

Wow thanks! Had to let everyone know that this worked for me. I had a similar file ~4gb from a dji Mavic. It didn't show an image from the video on the file thumbnail and said "could not be opened".

My only guess is that I clicked to stop recording by accident and immediately clicked record again and perhaps the long video I was just filming didn't finish??  Well anyways, this software did actually work.
2020-1-14
Use props
markbarner
New

Denmark

Okay I had the exact same issue as the very first question was about. I recorded 3 videos on my DJI Mavic Air. One was in follow mode. Next was in normal mode. When I wanted to record in quickshot mode it asked me if I wanted to stop the current recording to do so. I clicked yes. I recorded a dronie shot. All good. Checked in all on the iphone when it was connected to the drone and played all 3 clips back. Shut down the drone normally. Took out the sd card and video 2 was corrupted. VLC, Final Cut, Quicktime all said it could play back. Tried HEX editor and deleted som of the last code but none of it just didnt work.

Downloaded a load of payed apps and Stellarphoenix said it fixed it but needed payment first - but really I could see it wasnt fixed.
Wondershare video repair actually couldnt fix it at first. But advance feature told me to upload a video shot on the same source, and I uploaded video 1 from my drone footage. It analysed the video that worked and then fixed the video 2 after!!! So awesome! I am so happy (this is not a sponsored or indorsement).

But as Wondershare app fixed in on my mac I meanwhile tried fix.video website and it also asked for another video as reference. I uploaded the broken mov file and video 1 working drone video. And it also fixed it as I can see the preview of it worked. So awesome that there is also an online fixer out there. It would have cost me around 12$ to pay for the fix.video but as I already had a fixed version from Wondershare, I didnt do any further.

Now I just wanted to share that as I didnt see anyone else recommending that solution yet. Or I have missed it.

Good luck and DJI please fix this issue so it doesnt happen again to my videoes. It's clearly software. Also please allow me to activate quickshots during an existing recording... Would make sense to do so.
Thanks
2020-4-7
Use props
SLiWooDy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 126234 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I found a solution that may help you guys out. I put the card back into the drone, powered it on and powered on controller.
Loaded up the dji app on my phone and went to the gallery. The file was there but didn't show a thumbnail (just black) and wouldn't play. So I downloaded  the file to my phone just to see if that would work.
20minutes later of downlaoding and walla, played fine on my phone. Transferred it to my PC and works perfect!
So hopefully that solution helps anyone else out.
2020-4-8
Use props
djiuser_GBfbfREE60wl
New

Canada

I am having a problem with the videos I record. When I try to open them, I get a message "The document “DJI_0004.MP4” could not be opened. The file isn’t compatible with QuickTime Player." I can play the video through VLC so I know the info is there. I can't open the files with quicktime or import them into Adobe Premier. I have researched forums and have heard that this can happen if the drone was powered down before the recording was stopped. This is not the case here. I stop recording and wait 3 or 4 minutes before shutting down. It makes no difference. I have tried 2 different brand new micro SD cards, a Lexar rated for drone recording and a Sandisk extreme pro 256GB. Same issue with both cards. Format is set to MP4, Coding format is set to H.264.
Any ideas what I need to do to resolve this?
2023-1-6
Use props
Neico
lvl.3
  • >>>
New Zealand

The files output by my ACTION 2, can play on VLC, but not WinMedia. Also my Corel VidStudio 2021 can not read them so to work with them I run them through a file conversion app. Essentially the the same output as the input and they're fine. It doesn't bother me but is a tad quirky. Adding to quirky, my CorelVidStudio 2018 reads the files without problem.

2023-1-8
Use props
Kamera_Man_Photograhy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3537228 ft
United States

SOLVED:

After much frustration I finally got a grip on this corrupted JPG and MOV DJI Dealeo!

I tried downloading to my MAC from my Mavic 3 but to a External SDD. I have more than one. Even tried to MicroSD, an older one, and neither file extension was readable.
I had tried on my Windows Machine as well with the same luck. Thank God I did not Delete or Move the Original files from, OH YEH, I did. On the Mac, deleted off Mavic 3 Internal after copy to MAC, well, external SDD. Corrupted, Deleted, Disconnected.
Guess what? Reconnected drone, after trying to copy out of Garbage to other external SDD to no avail, back to the drone out of the trash they went! And guess again? After copying to SD card in drone, plugged into MAC and they were fine.
Moral of the Story.
Pay attention to File Format of the Drives your transferring the files to.
ExFAT is the way to go for going between Mac and Windows Machines, as well as storing DJ dang I Media files.

NTFS on Windows Only
APFS No Good
FAT32 No Good for the really cool Mass USB devices
Format Wisely, and you can avoid the hours wasted trying to figure this mess out!

2023-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules