New P4 Pro Cannot Take Off
2620 10 2018-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AndreWolski
lvl.1

Canada

I gotta say I am quite fortunate as I just bought P4P brand new from someone that won it in some contest for $1400 CDN,
this unit seems so much more advanced than my P4 , I have to say I am super happy with the buy.
Today was my day of taking off all the plastic and checking out P4P , did the routine charged up everything right to the top,
installed the go4 app on my phone , turned the drone and controller all , all binds perfect , did the IMU calibartion did the gimbal calibration and
calibrated the compass.
It's all good, now the P4P is asking me for an update and halts me from flying... I get the red bar at the top left saying " Cannot take off"
and being prompt to upgrade firmware..
I hear over and over so many issues users have been having after upgrading and I wanted to test this drone on the raw out of the package firmware.

here are my drone firmware stats,

Drone  firmware 1.03.05...
Rc firmware 1.03.00.00 +
Go4 App 4.1.22

I fly My P4 on old 1.38 firmware and I have never been grounded do to DJI forcing me to update,
it's been a while since I have visited this site ...

Can anyone explain what steps should I take to be able to fly my P4P, do I need to upgrade in order to fly ? this would be a bit strange as I have never before ran into situation that would prevent me from enjoying my paid for investment.

2018-1-18
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

First time user, you need to use WIFI toregister and login and then you need to pass the TEST!!!
2018-1-18
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I thought the 'test' was USA & UK only at present.

I think that the update could be referring to the 'flysafe' databases. Have a look in 'About' at the bottom of the DJI Go 4 (V4.1.22) 'General Settings' menu.

With your display device connected to wifi you should be able to update from there.
2018-1-18
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-18 19:43
I thought the 'test' was USA & UK only at present.

I think that the update could be referring to the 'flysafe' databases. Have a look in 'About' at the bottom of the DJI Go 4 (V4.1.22) 'General Settings' menu.

I tried that yesterday because I have been getting them every time I am outside with no wifi....I went to the about page it said all 3 flysafe databases were up to date.....I went out to fly and the update message popped up again.
2018-1-18
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2018-1-18 20:44
I tried that yesterday because I have been getting them every time I am outside with no wifi....I went to the about page it said all 3 flysafe databases were up to date.....I went out to fly and the update message popped up again.

Aint that the bloody truth, every time i check the no fly db at home where theres connection, its fine, its up to date, never needs updating, yet every blooming time i got away from home with it, it was the no fly db updating, whats that all about?

Sorry, its a wee pet peeve,

i have a feeling you could be needing a mandatory update (if there is one??), this does not help your cause, did you see if it would fly without the app running? perhaps ya just need an earlier version of the app, clutching at straws here untill someone shuts me up???
2018-1-18
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ah, you're lucky - your machine has the 1.03.0509 firmware in it, yes? If so, do NOT UPDATE it. That's the last firmware before DJI crippled it (long story). You can fly it on that firmware without a tablet at all, so just don't use one. I fly my P4P on that firmware with the DJI goggles and haven't plugged a tablet into it in over a week since upgrading back to it off the new (but busted) FW. When I do it's just to change any settings that I can't through the goggles (which is only a few).

If you do go into GO 4 with a tablet it may indeed try to force you to update. Mine seems not to, but I haven't tried it in a while. my iPad or iPhone is always always always in airplane mode when I do plug it in to use GO 4 to prevent any possible tampering by DJI... DO NOT UPDATE if your aircraft firmware is 1.03.0590. It's a good solid firmware with  out the login, etc. restrictions...
2018-1-18
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

You possibly have 4 choices. Find an older version of the DJI GO 4 app, back around 4.1.15 as there may be something in the latest version of the app that insists on the firmware update. I know in older versions of the app, you could just ignore firmware updates and go fly.
Keep the latest app and update your firmware in the Phantom and RC and possibly the batteries as well all to the latest versions.
Or you may need a firmware update to the battery as I know that one will stop you flying.
Finally, you could be in a no fly zone.
2018-1-18
Use props
AndreWolski
lvl.1

Canada

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-1-18 22:09
You possibly have 4 choices. Find an older version of the DJI GO 4 app, back around 4.1.15 as there may be something in the latest version of the app that insists on the firmware update. I know in older versions of the app, you could just ignore firmware updates and go fly.
Keep the latest app and update your firmware in the Phantom and RC and possibly the batteries as well all to the latest versions.
Or you may need a firmware update to the battery as I know that one will stop you flying.

thank you all for the quick replies,
Well I managed to start the engines, the problem seemed to be the prompt for the firmware update ,
in the mean time I disabled all sensors , simply turning them off and I was able to start the engines in ATT,
now I get a green bar with message ready to fly after switching back to P mode... seems to all work now but what I noticed about P4P that really bothers me is the time it takes to acquire the satellites...
I think it took me 5 minutes in front of a window to get 9 satellites, it eventually registered 11.
My P4 gets 11 satellites within 2 minutes sitting in dining room away from windows...
My firmware version is the 01.03.0509 I guess I will stay with this version, tomorrow is the first flight test...
Can't wait !
2018-1-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

AndreWolski Posted at 2018-1-18 23:47
Well I managed to start the engines, the problem seemed to be the prompt for the firmware update ,
in the mean time I disabled all sensors , simply turning them off and I was able to start the engines in ATT,

Andre, it is recommended to take the drone to the outdoor where good GPS signal is available to test the performance fully.
2018-1-19
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

Bashy Posted at 2018-1-18 20:58
Aint that the bloody truth, every time i check the no fly db at home where theres connection, its fine, its up to date, never needs updating, yet every blooming time i got away from home with it, it was the no fly db updating, whats that all about?

Sorry, its a wee pet peeve,

I hit cancel every time and it lets me fly.....its a pet peeve of mine too.....so frustrating that when you are at home with internet it says its all up to date.
2018-1-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AndreWolski Posted at 2018-1-18 23:47

Andre, its a lot quicker outside , some of the sats could be out of view of your window, they are position all over the sky (world) , 2 mins tops for acquisition outside and thats for me in a forest not good for GPS in cars let alone the Phantom lol :/
2018-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules