TTP
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3002054 ft

Tips fore Take Off

This is fore us newbie
My experience is only
160,935 16hr20min 46,118m 145
From the DJI Flight Record

This is an abstract from all other good advices you find in the forum and my own experience.

Of course you have recharge all battery and equipment, updated to latest firmware etc.

Remove the Gimbals protection.

Put you landing pad and the drone, or just the drone, at least 5m / 15feet from where you going to stand or sit when Take Off.

Why, because to be to close to the drone when you start fly can ease become quit dangerous if you make a wrong movement with you right joystick.

(And use propgards, a very good advises from Rick at Drone Valley)

Always start your RC before you start your drone.

RHP, Return to Home Point, let the drone update the signals from at least 10 satellites, before you fly away.

In this way the drone always have a safe point to return to, if any of the several case of failure withes can occur, happens. (Murphy’s 3:e law)

Up and Away

2019-9-15
Use props
Syed Talha
lvl.1

Excellent Info
2019-9-15
Use props
TTP
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3002054 ft

Tips for handling of the RHP when using the actual RC location

When you read the DJI-forum, it seems as a lot of drone have bin lost in water, maybe because of misunderstanding what happens, when you want the RHP to be the actual RC location. Let se if I can make it easier to understand.

If you want the RHP to be different from where you started, the reason fore this can be several, you are not going to end your flight where you started or you are on a lake or a river.

Lets start with the lake situation.
Flight over water, DJI is not particular keen on recommending this, but we Dronpilots,
"We boldly fly where no one been flying before".

If possible, start on Terra Firma, let the drone get a proper RHP before you fly away, you are just flying around over water from land or on a boat but your intension is to end the flight at you starting point.

If you want the RHP to be the actual RC location, lets call it RHP-RC, you have to reset the RHP-RC where you want the drone to land, and stay there to the drone have landed, if you move with the RC to an other location, you have to reset the RHP-RC again.

On land this is no problem, stop waking hit the RHP-RC and wait for the drone to land where you are.

On water you have to stop the boat before you hit the RHP-RC, if the boat keep on moving you have to fly the drone manual to land on the boat or catch the drone with your hand.

“You would think the drone software updated the RHP-RC, say for every x-seconds interval as you move around, but my quit extensive test indicate is not, the RHP-RC will always be at the location you push the RHP-RC button.
(Maybe DJI-reps can comment on this)”

2019-9-16
Use props
Zeb Kane
New

United States

My YouTube channel is Zeb Kane and I have a video that talks about some other ways that you can improve you drone flying skills. Thank you for posting these are all really helpful tips.
2019-10-27
Use props
Zubayer.Khan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 770272 ft
Bangladesh

Very good advice for everyone
2019-10-28
Use props
Mona007
New

India

Very Nice...
2019-10-30
Use props
JeromeM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178793 ft
United States

Thanks for these good advices.

From my side I am new and I am waiting my Mavic Air just ordered.

I am not a gamer, and I tried to install the flight simulator. Maybe it it is the laptop but I could not install it. Do you know a way to have a basic version for laptop or an App for ipad?
2019-11-8
Use props
ernie_e
lvl.4
Flight distance : 299380 ft
United States

And don't turn on Sport Mode.
2019-12-12
Use props
JMynes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 228012 ft
United States

Good stuff right here.
2020-1-3
Use props
Mc.Sue
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40676 ft
United States

Thanks for putting this information together!  Excellent
2020-1-4
Use props
MetC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 411814 ft
Turkey

thank you very much for sharing these tips for us "new bees".
2020-1-16
Use props
ernie_e
lvl.4
Flight distance : 299380 ft
United States

Thanks for posting. Good tips.
2020-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules