Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 Pro landing legs.
9911 26 2018-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans66ed713f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 65515 ft

Australia

Why is it that I have to send in my never flown Phantom 4 Pro to have one of it's broken landing gear legs replaced. This was broken during unpacking. I have replaced broken landing gear on previous Phantoms and just want to get the parts to repair it.
After ordering and paying for the parts I received an email advising I had been given a full refund and advised they cannot sell the parts to anybody. It is a repairer supplied part only.
I have been building multirotors for many years and are capable of doing the job myself. Why are DJI now refusing to sell parts to the people who helped get them off the ground originally.

Can someone please explain why this is the case here in Australia.

2018-1-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, could you upload a picture of the damaged landing gears? I'd like to see whether we can help.
2018-1-19
Use props
fans66ed713f
lvl.1

Australia

Hi Susan,
As you can see this Phantom 4 Pro has never flown. I am happy to replace it myself. It was to be our latest addition to our DJI collection. Not sure why it snapped so easily. Have read about the stress fracture issues in this area. Maybe related.
Anything you can do to assist would be appreciated.
IMG_2609.JPG
IMG_2610.JPG
2018-1-19
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would send it in. The bottom shell has to be replaced and there is a lot going on there.
2018-1-19
Use props
fans66ed713f
lvl.1

Australia

Hi Roger,
Nothing serious going on here. If you know how the Phantom 4 Pro legs differ from the P4 this is a common area for this to happen. No need to replace the bottom shell either. It appears to be a way of providing service based revenue to drone suppliers now that sales profits are minimal. It's a competitive world today with drones available through so many suppliers.
I just want to be able to obtain parts quickly, carry out my own repairs and get back in the air without waiting in a queue at a certified drone repair agent.
Thanks for your input anyway.
2018-1-19
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

fans66ed713f Posted at 2018-1-19 14:58
Hi Roger,
Nothing serious going on here. If you know how the Phantom 4 Pro legs differ from the P4 this is a common area for this to happen. No need to replace the bottom shell either. It appears to be a way of providing service based revenue to drone suppliers now that sales profits are minimal. It's a competitive world today with drones available through so many suppliers.
I just want to be able to obtain parts quickly, carry out my own repairs and get back in the air without waiting in a queue at a certified drone repair agent.

' It appears to be a way of providing service based revenue to drone suppliers now that sales profits are minimal. It's a competitive world today with drones available through so many suppliers. '

Since DJI service is carried out in Australia by a DJI owned company, that's pure rubbish. If it arrived with the legs broken like that, then it is a pure warranty issue, and you would be best to send it to the repair centre to have it fixed or replaced. Fix it yourself, and you void the warranty.
2018-1-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I would have replaced it, back in the crate, the same day it came out of the shipping box like that, and returned it.

The customer should never be be held responsible for doing repairs, that are within warranty, & free of charge.

RedHotPoker
2018-1-19
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240361 ft
  • >>>
United States

go to amazon look for JI Phantom 4 Pro and Advance Left & Right Landing Gear (Part 05)  then youtube replace landing gear and your all set !

2018-1-19
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Phantom 4 Pro and Advance Left & Right Landing Gear (Part 05)
by DJI
Link: http://a.co/54yLEOw
2018-1-19
Use props
epetit91_djiuse
lvl.4
France

Here the video for the replacement. I did it myself without any difficulty.
2018-1-20
Use props
fans66ed713f
lvl.1

Australia

Geebax Posted at 2018-1-19 15:48
' It appears to be a way of providing service based revenue to drone suppliers now that sales profits are minimal. It's a competitive world today with drones available through so many suppliers. '

Since DJI service is carried out in Australia by a DJI owned company, that's pure rubbish. If it arrived with the legs broken like that, then it is a pure warranty issue, and you would be best to send it to the repair centre to have it fixed or replaced. Fix it yourself, and you void the warranty.

Captain Geebax,
Responses like this are not helpful and frankly deserving of a downvote.  The only "Pure Rubbish" going on here are the changes DJI are making to the supply of parts to all DJI owners. Like many of those now including DJI drones as part of their kit, I have been building multirotors using a wide range of components for longer than I care to remember.

We all know that DJI make great products but only provide limited warranties such as a 6 month warranty on batteries and 12 months on pretty much everything else. I have not asked for this to be done under warranty as it would not be covered anyway. It is not a new drone, it is unused and was part of a drone hire company liquidation auction. The battery is dead from being left in the drone since repossession, the leg broken during repossesion. Everything else works perfectly. I simply want to get the parts and add another Phantom to my kit. I prefer to ensure the quality of my own work with minimum downtime and expense.

You and DJI clearly do not understand how the current system is being "worked" here in Australia by authorised "repairers. I have had 3 non-DJI owned repairers asking for between $130 and $150 to "assess" my damage. I must pay this money online then freight the drone to this unknown company hoping to one day see it again. Then they will decide on the repair cost, repair timeframe and freight charges.

Having no luck finding a local Australian supplier, I successfully ordered from a New Zealand company and paid online. Hoping to receive my parts quickly I waited and then recieved an email from them advising they have provided a full refund as they were unable to supply "repair only" parts to multirotor builders. Apparantly DJI's instructions.

Geebax, if DJI service is carried out in Australia by a DJI owned business, name the business. Who are all the others wanting the large upfront payments or selling the landing gear for $75+ ??? I can name some of them. DJI, this is clearly not working as you think it is.

2018-1-20
Use props
fans66ed713f
lvl.1

Australia

noflyzone69 Posted at 2018-1-19 22:24
DJI Phantom 4 Pro and Advance Left & Right Landing Gear (Part 05)
by DJI
Link: http://a.co/54yLEOw

noflyzone69,
Thank you for your response,
Unfortunately, I have tried all the usual Amazon suppliers and they will not freight to Australia. Even our new local Amazon Australia will not supply these parts.
Here in Australia, we seem to like helping companies set up monopolies.
There are workarounds that often provide the parts cheaper but they involve waiting long periods before parts arrive. I prefer to buy locally to help local suppliers. My local loyalty is about to change thanks to DJI's current practices.
I just wished DJI treated all small multirotor users and constructors the same.
2018-1-20
Use props
fans66ed713f
lvl.1

Australia

epetit91_djiuse Posted at 2018-1-20 01:06
Here the video for the replacement. I did it myself without any difficulty.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5CE2HnHfeQ

Thank you for the video link. If I can ever get these parts I look forward to the simple task of replacing the landing gear. I have upgraded previous models of phantom skids and found this and other videos helpful. The P4P landing gear varies slightly to this but DJI will not provide them.
2018-1-20
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

fans66ed713f Posted at 2018-1-20 15:35

Captain Geebax,

'Geebax, if DJI service is carried out in Australia by a DJI owned business, name the business. Who are all the others wanting the large upfront payments or selling the landing gear for $75+ ??? I can name some of them. DJI, this is clearly not working as you think it is.'

Contact DJI support on-line and ask for a reference to repairs. The business is located in Victoria.

However your story has changed out of all recognition since your original post. You originally said it was a P4P that had never been flown and the damage was discovered during unpacking. Then you say it is a used product, part of a liquidation and the leg was broken during repossession. That is a vastly different situation to what you put forward in your ori9ginal post, where we were led to believe it was a new purchase that arrived damaged.

So there is no point is pursuing a warranty repair. As for non-DJI dealers having rip-off prices, that's your problem if you choose to use them. But if you proceed thru DJI's support network you will get more guarantees and a better outcome.

Blaming DJI for what unauthorised dealers are doing is plain BS.
Oh, BTW, you are not necessarily talking to DJI on here. This is a user help forum, it does have some DJI moderators to help you out, but you are not talking to DJI here, so there is not much point aiming your comments at them.

And being a friendly guy, I tried to downvote this post to save you time, but it will not let me.
2018-1-20
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

fans66ed713f Posted at 2018-1-20 15:35

Captain Geebax,

You probably won't get too much sympathy from anyone here considering how you obtained this Phantom. By the time you stuff around searching the world for the parts, you could have opened a case to have it sent to the authorised DJI repairer in Melbourne, got it fixed, paid a very reasonable amount, and had it back in the air and working properly.
2018-1-20
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

sorrry tryied to delet post as it was dupe..
2018-1-21
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans66ed713f Posted at 2018-1-20 15:55
noflyzone69,
Thank you for your response,
Unfortunately, I have tried all the usual Amazon suppliers and they will not freight to Australia. Even our new local Amazon Australia will not supply these parts.

Well I just bought the legs and only needed one of the little white tabs that somehow flew off when i hit a tree limb during a flight and as anal as I am Yes I paid 40.00 for a .02 plastic piece ….LOL I don’t know how much it would cost to ship to you from Florida but I’d be willing to sale the legs as Im sure you have usable plastic tab piece that I had to use from the kit.  you can PM me if you like …as i have no other use for the extra legs….well until……LOL  I don't want to say and jinks myself ..lol
2018-1-21
Use props
fans66ed713f
lvl.1

Australia

Geebax Posted at 2018-1-20 18:04
'Geebax, if DJI service is carried out in Australia by a DJI owned business, name the business. Who are all the others wanting the large upfront payments or selling the landing gear for $75+ ??? I can name some of them. DJI, this is clearly not working as you think it is.'

Contact DJI support on-line and ask for a reference to repairs. The business is located in Victoria.

However your story has changed out of all recognition since your original post. You originally said it was a P4P that had never been flown and the damage was discovered during unpacking. Then you say it is a used product, part of a liquidation and the leg was broken during repossession. That is a vastly different situation to what you put forward in your ori9ginal post, where we were led to believe it was a new purchase that arrived damaged.
2018-2-10
Use props
fans66ed713f
lvl.1

Australia

Geebax Posted at 2018-1-20 18:04

Contact DJI support on-line and ask for a reference to repairs. The business is located in Victoria.
Captain Geebax's quote.
However  your story has changed out of all recognition since your original post.  You originally said it was a P4P that had never been flown and the  damage was discovered during unpacking. Then you say it is a used  product, part of a liquidation and the leg was broken during  repossession. That is a vastly different situation to what you put  forward in your ori9ginal post, where we were led to believe it was a  new purchase that arrived damaged.
Captain Geebax,
Sorry I have taken so long to respond to your pathetic attemp to help a fellow DJI user. Every statement I have made has been totally accurate but simply misinterpreted by a person who obviously feels he is above all those below his "Captain" status. If I was administering this forum I would question whether you have the actually possess the ability to assist fellow DJI users.
My P4P had never been flown and was damaged when I unpacked it. I never asked nor suggested that DJI should be responsible for the repairs. I knew the unit was second hand and would never expect it to be covered. I am very capable of repairing multirotors myself.  Been building them for many years. I simply asked why I cannot buy the parts to repair my own DJI product as I have done since well before the first Phantom was even thought about.

For those who offered advice, I thank you. I managed to get the parts I required within a couple of days. Carried out the repair within an hour or so and the drone has been a pleasure to operate since that time.

2018-2-10
Use props
fans66ed713f
lvl.1

Australia

noflyzone69 Posted at 2018-1-21 01:00
Well I just bought the legs and only needed one of the little white tabs that somehow flew off when i hit a tree limb during a flight and as anal as I am Yes I paid 40.00 for a .02 plastic piece ….LOL I don’t know how much it would cost to ship to you from Florida but I’d be willing to sale the legs as Im sure you have usable plastic tab piece that I had to use from the kit.  you can PM me if you like …as i have no other use for the extra legs….well until……LOL  I don't want to say and jinks myself ..lol

Thanks heaps Noflyzone69,
Managed to get the part as a "repairer", paid a bit more than list price, no risk sending my Phantom via a  freight company and back in the air quicker and cheaper than waiting in the DJI queue.
I have a few spare white tabs if you ever need them....
2018-2-10
Use props
EricNL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 76847 ft
Netherlands

In the process of replacing the skids on my P4P. I wrecked them because of a new set of props. Sometimes they don't lock not quite when new. Worn is props are the best. The new set are the props 2.0 tho. They are significantly more silent and an annoying pitch has gone (1500 KHz I believe).

But seeing it wrecked as he is, I am thinking 2 things that can have great implications.

1. I don't want to sound brutal, but I think the landing skids of the P4P should be improved. They are designed for high impact landings and yet contain highly sensitive and needed components as antenna and compass. Flying with them gone makes it blind as a bat. The good thing is that when it breaks, it's during landing so you won't be flying again till repaired. The bad thing is, the repair is very extensive because you need to almost completely need to dismantle the drone.

My idea is to make a reinforced connecting system that won't require the total disassembly of your drone by building connectors into the connection. Wreck your gear? Just click on some new ones in seconds.

2. Looking at the picture, why not make the skids retractable as shown. This will give even an option to get a 360 rotation possible.

2018-7-13
Use props
fans774f3c00
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1010463 ft
Australia

fans66ed713f Posted at 2018-1-19 14:58
Hi Roger,
Nothing serious going on here. If you know how the Phantom 4 Pro legs differ from the P4 this is a common area for this to happen. No need to replace the bottom shell either. It appears to be a way of providing service based revenue to drone suppliers now that sales profits are minimal. It's a competitive world today with drones available through so many suppliers.

Hi, I’ve got a phantom 4 adv with broken leg are they same as phantom 4 or pro? Plus are the phantom 4 legs same as phantom 3? Just hate to buy wrong ones
2019-1-15
Use props
fans774f3c00
lvl.1
Australia

Hi, I’ve broken my phantom 4 adv legs & cant find if they are the same as the pro or phantom 4
2019-1-20
Use props
fans774f3c00
lvl.1
Australia

Hi, I’ve broken my phantom 4 adv legs & cant find if they are the same as the pro or phantom 4
2019-1-20
Use props
Skyviewus.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48396 ft
United States

fans774f3c00 Posted at 1-20 01:19

Seems they are available online?
2019-2-24
Use props
ak101
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30043 ft
Australia

fans774f3c00 Posted at 1-20 01:19

Hi there, just curious if you found out if the P4 series landing gears are the same, iv got the same prob with my P4 Adv.
2019-6-17
Use props
fans6df72c20
New
Flight distance : 175791 ft

United Kingdom

Hi there, can someone help me, I would like to know if the DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 Left/Right Landing Gear & 4pc Landing Gear Cover Caps , are the same as do DJI Phantom 4 Pro or DJI Phantom 4 Pro Advanced ?, are they the same size on these 3 models of Drone Series or we have to get the parts for the specific model. I need help and I can't see much information about this topic, the 3 models series are the same size in the Left/Right Landing Gear, if they are different, what is the difference in the Left/Right Landing Gear, Thanks
2020-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules