lvl.4
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

Hi,

UPDATE  07/02/2018 :
  • At the moment, M210 is very dangerous because of GPS & compas issues;
  • Z30 is  not  usable because of the strong Drift ;
  • Crystalsky can't work more  than  20min because overheating ;
  • Cendence is not realy usefull because  we  can't match Zoom function with RC;
  • battery are not stable since we  can't  discharge as we use to do with P4P etc. with storage charger  feature.;
this solution is around 25 000€ and doesn't work. and you have no support....at all
Anyway I love my P4P.
Enjoy

About the Pro's Assistance / Support I mean for DJI's cutomers who had spent 20-30k€ in a DJI solution: At the moment, 1 DJI answer for 10 posts showing a critical issue, they ask for firmware version, they don't give any date or even any hope... look the date of this posts, the date of answers from DJI...

1) The GPS/Compas issue is a major and dangerous issue for drone /  people around. It s too dangerous to flight, and that's why I'm very  closed to send back the M210 and get refund. This is a known issue so please, tell us how long  it will take to fix this problem? days, weeks, months?
https://forum.dji.com/thread-132467-1-1.html

4)Crystalsky 4G Dongle USB feature doesn't work:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-126259-1-1.html I desactivated Pin's number. But, the Crystalsky doesn t connect to  4G dongle's network automaticlly and we can't launch 3rd part widget  like "PPP" (who aimed to connect classical's Android device to 4G  dongle)? Could you please provide any explication? still waiting.......

5) I need to plan Mission and I also need to see my screen . That's why I  bought CS Ultra...... so now you tell me to use an Ipad...... So, can I  use both : Master RC with Ipad, and Slave RC with Crystalsky (for M210  ofcourse) ?????

6) how can I use ZOOM function with Cendence? which button?

7) If I need to store my batteries for weeks? The P4P's battery charger  get "storage function": it decrease the battery level at 50% to be able  to be store without risky and increase battery life.  What's about the  storage of TB55?  what is the best practice to store TB55?

10) Z30 + M210 has a big DRIFT issue: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D427%26typeid%3D427
This is a known issue, so please, tell us how long it will take to fix this problem? days, weeks, months?

11) CrystalSky works 18min max before overheating:  
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D463%26typeid%3D463

There are 2 months ago, I've made the worse error in my life.
I trusted DJI and bought M210 + Z30 + X4S.... but it could be worse... I could had buy the RTK version ...

1) The GPS of M210 is less stable than the P4P's GPS. Also, we have trouble with compas while at the same place we don't have any problem with the P4P.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D427%26typeid%3D427
2) The CrystalSky is burning after few minuts of flight. Sometimes it stops and I have to unplug battery to be able to reboot it... during flight!
3) Crystalsky wifi is very poor.
4) Crystalsky 4G Dongle USB feature doesn't work:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-126259-1-1.html
5) Crystalsky App doesn't able to plan Mission Flight
6) Cendence has half buton working and avaible. Some functions are still missing while availables for I2 RC.
7) M210 Battery Charger (for TB50 / TB55) doesnt provide the function: Storage !
8) With M210, the best feature is to filming & piloting at the same time with 2 camera BUT There is no way to Controling 2 camera and recording WITH BOTH at the same time !
https://forum.dji.com/thread-115035-1-1.html
9) Many problem by use 2 cendence (Master/Slave), it requiered to use I2 RC as slave.

DJI doesn't support any of this cases.
We are waiting fix / help since november, but nothing happens.

At the other side, Tablet/Smartphone Android DJI GO app continues to be improved, and upgraded.
Olders / Cheapers DJI's drones (p4p, I2, mavic, spark, etc.) firmwares continue to be improved and upgraded.
New DJI drones and cameras are launched and promised (X7, Osmo mobile 2, 26 janv annouce, etc. etc.). We all knows that these novelties requiered software/firmware development.

M210 Owners: could you list your issues with your M200 series please?

DJI:
What is the part of "PRO SYSTEM" 's division in your engineering ?
How long time are we supposed to wait until the M210 serie will work proprely?

So if you plan to buy a M210, my advice is to buy a P4P for mapping, and Inspire 1 for XT or Z30: at least it ll work.

2018-1-19
Use props
TheFlyingSensor
New
Flight distance : 29199 ft
Canada

I just helped a partner of ours set up their M210 yesterday.  We had one issue so far and that was that the aircraft was not synced to the controller out of the box.  The screen on the remote was saying system error and it was beeping at us.  We tried to pair the remote using the linking RC feature in the Go4 app which connected it to the aircraft .  We could tell it was connected because the app recognized it was a M210 and we saw the little forward facing image pop up inside the app.  However the beeping from the controller was still as annoying as ever.  So we did the firmware upgrade on the app and connected the controller to the aircraft to upgrade it as well.  Once it was finished updating we powered everything off for a few minutes and powered it back on, and its now properly connected and no more error message or beeping.  Next is test flights.  

The Crystalsky tablet had only Dji Apps on it (not sure if that’s all it is allowed to have on it?) and the mapping app gave a coming soon message which is useless.  

The next steps for us are:
Test flights to see how it flies, how to use the new controller and map out it for our needs etc.
To try it with my iPad and see if works and if maps made easy recognizes this aircraft.  If not we may have to wait a while to do some mapping missions with this platform.  
Fly some mapping missions and see how the images looks, and how they work in PIX4D and Agi
See what kind of outputs we get from it.
Try it with the XT and X5s together and see how that dual sensor all works.

This was what I gathered from setting one up one afternoon, I'll update as we do more with it.
2018-1-19
Use props
Dadelanger
lvl.2

United States

This platform is a serious joke. This is a portion of the letter I wrote to the dealer.
.   I have owned this drone less than a month and my problems started from the get go. First of all the fact that RTK antennae system never worked, even after following explicit instructions. I am stuck with manual flights using DJI Pilot and internal GPS and at nowhere near the distances claimed by the products information statistics sheet. The camera gimbals are always glitchy when working with the software in the Apps. Almost every flight there was at least one or more errors that need to reboot to get everything to work in unison.   On Friday January 12 I was flying a mission and the aircraft  was approx. 2800ft away from my home base when the app stated “image transmission weak” at which point I hit the return to home button (set at 100M) and waited for the pixelated screen to return to normal. About 20 seconds later the camera began transmitting video feed just in time for me to see the aircraft (equipped with collision avoidance, and activated) careening towards a pine tree at an altitude of 205ft, well below the set parameters. The collision avoidance buzzed the radio as if were  going to stop and then continued into the tree causing extensive damage to the aircraft and gimbal.  I believe this was due to a software malfunction. It is my opinion that DJI has rushed this product out without proper vetting of firmware and software. My hope is to get a quote for repairing unit back to factory standards. From there I am on the fence about whether to continue with DJI products.  
2018-1-19
Use props
DRNE UK Limited
lvl.2
Flight distance : 409318 ft
United Kingdom

I've had similar issues with this 'pro' platform. I received mine just before Christmas, I flew it four times, when I say flew I mean up/down/left/right then forward and around a field a bit, it was like no GPS was installed. On the last test I did, the propeller arm snapped. The Z30 camera would pan and wobble like crazy so was unusable. The X5s, I didn't get a chance to really test it as the aircraft was so unstable I thought it would either fly away or crash. It took almost a month to get DJI to replace the M210, just the M210 though. I've now had it for three days and I have to say it's a completely different machine, it's rock solid on GPS, the Z30 in pinpoint accurate now, I haven't really tested the X5s yet but will be in the coming days. I also bought the iPad holder for the Cendence remote as I've been using an iPad with my Phantom 4 and believe it to be more stable than the android versions of the same software. I'll give that a go also in the coming days although the Crystalsky does seem to be working fine but has crashed on a couple of occasions.

I'm a startup and have a loan out on this kit and the only way to repay it is by getting work with this equipment.....I'm now living on 30p noodles from Tescos due to it being so unstable. Let's hope the next few days/weeks will give me the confidence to go bidding for work.
2018-1-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

YOYOMAN, we are sorry to read on your unpleasant experience with our products recently. Please allow us to make a brief troubleshooting for the issue you encountered.
1. The GPS of M210 is less stable than the P4P's GPS. Also, we have trouble with compas while at the same place we don't have any problem with the P4P.We have been aware this issue and we will release the new firmware recently to optimize the problem, appreciate your patience.

2. The CrystalSky is burning after few minuts of flight. Sometimes it stops and I have to unplug battery to be able to reboot it... during flight!
The links you summarized are all backlight hardware damage, it will need to be sent in for repair service.
For your issue, the screen just get totally black right? What is the firmware version you are running now?

3) Crystalsky wifi is very poor.
What does it mean wifi is poor? What device are you connecting?

4. Crystalsky 4G Dongle USB feature doesn't work.
Since you didn't reply to my previous post directly, I didn't see the message and reply to you in time, I apologize for the inconvenience caused. For the PIN number, please confirm with supplier of 4G dongles.

5. Crystalsky App doesn't able to plan Mission Flight.
If you would like to plan the mission in advance, we recommend to download GS Pro in iPad.

6. Cendence has half button working and available. Some functions are still missing while available for I2 RC.
Which buttons do you mention? Any examples would be appreciated.

7. M210 Battery Charger (for TB50 / TB55) doesn't provide the function: Storage !
What does it mean ''no storage mode'' could you please provide us more details?

8. With M210, the best feature is to filming & piloting at the same time with 2 camera BUT There is no way to Controling 2 camera and recording WITH BOTH at the same time !
What are your two gimbals and camera? If one of them is Z30, the new firmware will be released very soon today, please update at your most convenience.

9. Many problem by use 2 cendence (Master/Slave), it required to use I2 RC as slave.
Could you please provide more details of this issue?

2018-1-22
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-22 03:27
YOYOMAN, we are sorry to read on your unpleasant experience with our products recently. Please allow us to make a brief troubleshooting for the issue you encountered.
1. The GPS of M210 is less stable than the P4P's GPS. Also, we have trouble with compas while at the same place we don't have any problem with the P4P.We have been aware this issue and we will release the new firmware recently to optimize the problem, appreciate your patience.

Hi DJI Mindy,

1) The GPS/Compas issue is a major and dangerous issue for drone / people around. It s too dangerous to flight, and that's why I'm very closed to send back the M210 and get refund. So please, tell us how long it will take to fix this problem? days, weeks, months?

4) I desactivated Pin's number. But, the Crystalsky doesn t connect to 4G dongle's network automaticlly and we can't launch 3rd part widget like "PPP" (who aimed to connect classical's Android device to 4G dongle)? Could you please provide any explication? still waiting.......

5) I need to plan Mission and I also need to see my screen . That's why I bought CS Ultra...... so now you tell me to use an Ipad...... So, can I use both : Master RC with Ipad, and Slave RC with Crystalsky (for M210 ofcourse) ?????

7) If I need to store my batteries for weeks? The P4P's battery charger get "storage function": it decrease the battery level at 50% to be able to be store without risky and increase battery life.  What's about the storage of TB55?  what is the best practice to store TB55?

10) Z30 + M210 has a big DRIFT issue: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D427%26typeid%3D427
2018-1-27
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

DRNE UK Limited Posted at 2018-1-19 12:20
I've had similar issues with this 'pro' platform. I received mine just before Christmas, I flew it four times, when I say flew I mean up/down/left/right then forward and around a field a bit, it was like no GPS was installed. On the last test I did, the propeller arm snapped. The Z30 camera would pan and wobble like crazy so was unusable. The X5s, I didn't get a chance to really test it as the aircraft was so unstable I thought it would either fly away or crash. It took almost a month to get DJI to replace the M210, just the M210 though. I've now had it for three days and I have to say it's a completely different machine, it's rock solid on GPS, the Z30 in pinpoint accurate now, I haven't really tested the X5s yet but will be in the coming days. I also bought the iPad holder for the Cendence remote as I've been using an iPad with my Phantom 4 and believe it to be more stable than the android versions of the same software. I'll give that a go also in the coming days although the Crystalsky does seem to be working fine but has crashed on a couple of occasions.

I'm a startup and have a loan out on this kit and the only way to repay it is by getting work with this equipment.....I'm now living on 30p noodles from Tescos due to it being so unstable. Let's hope the next few days/weeks will give me the confidence to go bidding for work.

Hi DRNE UK Limitied,
Thanks for your feedback.

So, could you confirm me few points please:

-You sent back just the m210 without Cendence, Z30 and crystalsky? or all of them?
-Your Z30 now works well? no drift at all (at ground) ? can we conclue that the Z30 drifting issue could come from M210  (and not the Z30 directly)?
2018-1-27
Use props
DRNE UK Limited
lvl.2
United Kingdom

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-1-27 06:35
Hi DRNE UK Limitied,

Hi,

I sent everything back to the supplier in the UK, they only replaced the M210, all other kit remained the same when returned. I got it all setup again and flew it without any updates and all was rock solid. About a day or two later I think .50 firmware for the M210 arrived so I updated, all was still well but with slight drift, I really mean slight, and it was a really windy day so I've put it down to that. A few days ago some new firmware for the Z30 arrived so I've updated to that and it's stopped the grinding noise now when the unit boots and the Z30 does it's spin around. It's still extremely windy here, I'm right on the coast of the English channel so I'm waiting for a calm day to see what results I get. I've also just got hold of an iPad so I'm testing the software stability on both that and the Crystalsky, I don't know why but I just seem to have more confidence in the iOS versions of DJI software.

Once it's calmed down a bit here I'll get it back in the air and do some more tests.

Cheers
2018-1-28
Use props
DRNE UK Limited
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi,

Just flown it again, in high wind, and it worked great, I had drift but then I do understand that any zoomed image that isn't being zoomed from a solid/stationary point, like a tripod on the ground, will drift, I'm actually amazed how well it did zoom. I kept having to press the screen on the object to get it back on what I was zooming on but again, this is a movable unit and I'd have to say the wind was 30-40mph so really impressed. I also wasn't in VLOS of the object I was 'inspecting' so I can imagine if I'd been doing a proper job like a wind turbine or power pylon or whatever really, I'd be closer and not have to zoom so much to get the detail I was after.

As an aside, one of the reasons I was excited about droning was using software like DroneDeploy, just map your area, 'press go' and drink a coffee whilst it did its thing. I got the iPad loaded up with DroneDeploy, I just had the X5s installed on the M210, set up the area and it went off and did its thing just like my little Phantom. DroneDeploy I don't think fully certify the M210 yet but it worked without fault. I'm uploading the data now so interested to see if the quality of the output is comparable or better than my Phantom. Even if not, it does mean that simply by changing from the Crystalsky to the iPad I'm able to use DroneDeploy again. I know people have been annoyed at the Crystalsky regarding using other software on it and that it's being used as a paperweight.....the whole unit was being used like for me up to this point so I'd rather just have that as a paperweight than £19000!
2018-1-28
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

DRNE UK Limited Posted at 2018-1-28 07:22
Hi,

Just flown it again, in high wind, and it worked great, I had drift but then I do understand that any zoomed image that isn't being zoomed from a solid/stationary point, like a tripod on the ground, will drift, I'm actually amazed how well it did zoom. I kept having to press the screen on the object to get it back on what I was zooming on but again, this is a movable unit and I'd have to say the wind was 30-40mph so really impressed. I also wasn't in VLOS of the object I was 'inspecting' so I can imagine if I'd been doing a proper job like a wind turbine or power pylon or whatever really, I'd be closer and not have to zoom so much to get the detail I was after.

Hi,
Could you please try to zoom with Z30 from ground (not in the air), and telling me if you see a drift ?
as you can see there:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D427%26typeid%3D427[/url]
2018-1-28
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

Hi Mindy,
Still waiting support since I've answered your questions....
What's about point 10) ?!
2018-1-28
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

YOYOMAN, we are sorry to read on your unpleasant experience with our products recently. Please allow us to make a brief troubleshooting for the issue you encountered.

Hi DJI Mindy,
I've answered to your questions back on the #6 few days ago.......
I'm waiting your answers......

thanks
2018-1-30
Use props
DRNE UK Limited
lvl.2
United Kingdom

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-1-28 13:48
Hi,
Could you please try to zoom with Z30 from ground (not in the air), and telling me if you see a drift ?

Hi,

I'll give it a go when I'm free again, out for the week but will try when I'm back. Looking at yours though, I thought it wasn't too bad really, looks like a little bit more firmware tweaking by DJI and it'll be solved. I've been concentrating on the Z30 camera too much to be honest and the issues I've had and not on the X5s and the M210 as a tool and with now being able to get my maps working and 3D models produced having switched to an iPad I'm good to go with 80% of the services I wanted it for. The other 20% lays with the Z30 but I'm good to cope with its, what are now, a lot smaller set of issues than when I first bought it.
2018-1-30
Use props
DRNE UK Limited
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DRNE UK Limited Posted at 2018-1-30 09:52
Hi,

I'll give it a go when I'm free again, out for the week but will try when I'm back. Looking at yours though, I thought it wasn't too bad really, looks like a little bit more firmware tweaking by DJI and it'll be solved. I've been concentrating on the Z30 camera too much to be honest and the issues I've had and not on the X5s and the M210 as a tool and with now being able to get my maps working and 3D models produced having switched to an iPad I'm good to go with 80% of the services I wanted it for. The other 20% lays with the Z30 but I'm good to cope with its, what are now, a lot smaller set of issues than when I first bought it.

Oh, and DJI.......I, as all the other people experiencing issues like these, still need them fixing, I'm not in any way accepting that what I have now in terms of stability and usability of the Z30 and the price I've paid for it is suitable, and I mean really suitable for its purpose so please keep pushing to resolve the issues.
2018-1-30
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

DRNE UK Limited Posted at 2018-1-30 09:57
Oh, and DJI.......I, as all the other people experiencing issues like these, still need them fixing, I'm not in any way accepting that what I have now in terms of stability and usability of the Z30 and the price I've paid for it is suitable, and I mean really suitable for its purpose so please keep pushing to resolve the issues.

Thanks for feedback... do you have better results with M210 and X5S than P4P (with X4S?) for mapping & 3D? Is it better with low lights?
2018-1-30
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

Mindy I'm still waiting and my bird is still sleeping,
  • At the moment, M210 is very dangerous because of GPS & compas issues;
  • Z30 is  not  usable because of the strong Drift ;
  • Crystalsky can't work more  than  20min because overheating ;
  • Cendence is not realy usefull because  we  can't match Zoom function with RC;
  • battery are not stable since we  can't  discharge as we use to do with P4P etc. with storage charger  feature.;
this solution is around 25 000€ and doesn't work. and you have no support....at all
Anyway I love my P4P.
Enjoy

About the Pro's Assistance / Support I mean for DJI's cutomers who had  spent 20-30k€ in a DJI solution: At the moment, 1 DJI answer for 10  posts showing a critical issue, they ask for firmware version, they  don't give any date or even any hope... look the date of this posts, the date of answers from DJI...

1) The GPS/Compas issue is a major  and dangerous issue for drone /  people around. It s too dangerous to  flight, and that's why I'm very  closed to send back the M210 and get  refund. This is a known issue so please, tell us how long  it will take  to fix this problem? days, weeks, months?

4) I desactivated Pin's number. But, the Crystalsky doesn t connect  to  4G dongle's network automaticlly and we can't launch 3rd part  widget  like "PPP" (who aimed to connect classical's Android device to  4G  dongle)? Could you please provide any explication? still  waiting.......

5) I need to plan Mission and I also need to see  my screen . That's why I  bought CS Ultra...... so now you tell me to use an Ipad...... So, can I  use both : Master RC with Ipad, and Slave  RC with Crystalsky (for M210  ofcourse) ?????

7) If I need to store my batteries for weeks? The P4P's battery  charger  get "storage function": it decrease the battery level at 50% to  be able  to be store without risky and increase battery life.  What's  about the  storage of TB55?  what is the best practice to store TB55?

This is a known issue, so please, tell us how long it will take to fix this problem? days, weeks, months?

2018-1-31
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

Happy holidays DJI !
Here we still don't fly !! and still have crappy M210 kit !
I hope you enjoy the sun an beaches !
2018-2-1
Use props
bcjarrett
lvl.2
United States

We've experienced all the same issues with our 210.

The biggest concern is of course the Compass/GPS issue.

Additional issues:

1. If you have a X5S in slot 1 and a XT in slot 2. The camera, compass and GPS will all fail once you get approximately 15m away. There is no safe way to fly with 2 cameras attached.
    2. There is literally no way to plan a mission using the XT on this platform. If you set it up and perform the mission it does not capture images. We've only tried in GSP because the Pilot app is incomplete.
        a. There is no current DJI offering to perform planned missions with the XT. Inspire 1 is the only platform it will work on and they are being discontinued.
    3. I've had the RTK GPS fail while on a mission, and the UAS took off at full speed in an arbitrary direction. Switch to atti mode returned control, but if we were doing a close inspection I'm sure there would of
    been a crash.
2018-2-1
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

bcjarrett Posted at 2018-2-1 08:49
We've experienced all the same issues with our 210.

The biggest concern is of course the Compass/GPS issue.

thanks for sharing experiences.....

1) Does the GPS/Compas fail if using Dual mount with only 1 camera? or using dual mount without any camera? or with single mount & camera? did you try with the upward gimbal?
2018-2-1
Use props
bcjarrett
lvl.2
United States

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-2-1 10:09
thanks for sharing experiences.....

1) Does the GPS/Compas fail if using Dual mount with only 1 camera? or using dual mount without any camera? or with single mount & camera? did you try with the upward gimbal?

If we use the X5S in slot one and leave slot 2 empty we generally have no trouble at all.

I haven't tried much with the top mount. It works on the ground, but I haven't taken into the air.
2018-2-1
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

YOYOMAN, we are sorry to read on your unpleasant experience with our products recently. Please allow us to make a brief troubleshooting for the issue you encountered.

DJI Mindy,

We need an urgent fix. Can you please give us some news about how long time do we have to still wait?!
The situation is non acceptable since we can't flight in security !!!
Please, come back in this thread and give a support.
2018-2-4
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

Mindy I'm still waiting and my bird is still sleeping,

At the moment, M210 is very dangerous because of GPS & compas issues;
    Z30 is  not  usable because of the strong Drift ;
    Crystalsky can't work more  than  20min because overheating ;
    Cendence is not realy usefull because  we  can't match Zoom function with RC;
    battery are not stable since we  can't  discharge as we use to do with P4P etc. with storage charger  feature.;

1) The GPS/Compas issue is a major  and dangerous issue for drone /  people around. It s too dangerous to  flight, and that's why I'm very  closed to send back the M210 and get  refund. This is a known issue so please, tell us how long  it will take  to fix this problem? days, weeks, months?

4) I desactivated Pin's number. But, the Crystalsky doesn t connect  to  4G dongle's network automaticlly and we can't launch 3rd part  widget  like "PPP" (who aimed to connect classical's Android device to  4G  dongle)? Could you please provide any explication? still  waiting.......
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 9&page=2#pid1177857

5) I need to plan Mission and I also need to see  my screen . That's why I  bought CS Ultra...... so now you tell me to use an Ipad...... So, can I  use both : Master RC with Ipad, and Slave  RC with Crystalsky (for M210  ofcourse) ?????
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1173086

7) If I need to store my batteries for weeks? The P4P's battery  charger  get "storage function": it decrease the battery level at 50% to  be able  to be store without risky and increase battery life.  What's  about the  storage of TB55?  what is the best practice to store TB55?

2018-2-5
Use props
fans621af22f
lvl.3
Flight distance : 396365 ft
United States

Maybe time to complain to:  Your state's attorney general's office; the Federal Trade Commission; the Federal Communications Commission; the Better Business Bureau; and, finally, go public and try to find a news outlet (print or tv) and make them interested in the dangerous situation that exists, the potential threat of loss of control,  and the company's failure to adequately fix in a timely fashion.  Just sayin.
2018-2-5
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

fans621af22f Posted at 2018-2-5 10:36
Maybe time to complain to:  Your state's attorney general's office; the Federal Trade Commission; the Federal Communications Commission; the Better Business Bureau; and, finally, go public and try to find a news outlet (print or tv) and make them interested in the dangerous situation that exists, the potential threat of loss of control,  and the company's failure to adequately fix in a timely fashion.  Just sayin.

It could be interesting to see how many people have M200 serie drone with GPS/Compas issues?
Could you please everyone is in this case post in this thread ?
thanks !
2018-2-5
Use props
Lildoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 695272 ft
Ireland

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-2-5 12:54
It could be interesting to see how many people have M200 serie drone with GPS/Compas issues?
thanks !

Is it not possible to just return the Drone? I intend to buy the M200, but if its faulty in any way I will return for full refund immediately.
2018-2-5
Use props
bcjarrett
lvl.2
United States

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-2-5 12:54
thanks !

I'm pretty sure it's everyone. Our vendor has all the same issues we do and has indicated their other customers are experiencing the same. You literally cannot fly the drone with two cameras attached.
2018-2-7
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

bcjarrett Posted at 2018-2-7 06:11
I'm pretty sure it's everyone. Our vendor has all the same issues we do and has indicated their other customers are experiencing the same. You literally cannot fly the drone with two cameras attached.

Hi guys !

Do you have any feedback about first experiences with the new M200 M210 Firmware? and compas/GPS issue ?

thanks
2018-2-14
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

No, new firmware didn't solved Compass Error/GPS issue, at least not with my specimen. Tested yesterday, no change whatsoever ...

2018-2-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, the compass issue of M200 series drones has been optimized in the latest firmware, please update at your most convenience and this thread will be closed.
Please start a new thread if there is any further new problems, we will have moderators keep following up, thanks for your understanding.
2018-2-16
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-16 07:26
Hi all, the compass issue of M200 series drones has been optimized in the latest firmware, please update at your most convenience and this thread will be closed.
Please start a new thread if there is any further new problems, we will have moderators keep following up, thanks for your understanding.

Why do you close this thread?
2018-2-16
Use props
bcjarrett
lvl.2
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-2-14 17:37
No, new firmware didn't solved Compass Error/GPS issue, at least not with my specimen. Tested yesterday, no change whatsoever ...

https://vimeo.com/255672825

This is the exact problem I am experiencing with the most recent F/W update
2018-3-1
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

bcjarrett Posted at 2018-3-1 10:37
This is the exact problem I am experiencing with the most recent F/W update

Apparently some M200 series drones are suffering this, not all for sure. Mine first one went back to a dealer, second one is flying fine so far. Go figure ... Needless to say, the issue must be solved by DJI, and they do their best, no doubt. Another FW tweak seems to be the most obvious suggestion, although IMHO this is not the culprit.  
2018-3-1
Use props
bcjarrett
lvl.2
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-3-1 22:54
Apparently some M200 series drones are suffering this, not all for sure. Mine first one went back to a dealer, second one is flying fine so far. Go figure ... Needless to say, the issue must be solved by DJI, and they do their best, no doubt. Another FW tweak seems to be the most obvious suggestion, although IMHO this is not the culprit.

Based on what I've read, it seems like it has something to do with EM interference from within the drone. I'd be really impressed if they figured out how to insulate wires with a firmware update.
2018-3-2
Use props
Cherryland
lvl.1

United States

Hello, we bought our M210 early October 2018 and we had both camera's attached, X5S and Z30.
We flew through 2 battery sets (TB55) and did not once get the GPS/compass error.
I did enable Sport Mode and flew it around we had decent winds 24015G25KT again no GPS/compass error's. We did however notice that the aircraft did not fly according to sport mode specs (or so i thought). we reached a maximum speed going down wind  of 40 ish mph. According to DJI specs - max speed is 40.3mph with DUAL GIMBALS, max speed with a SINGLE GIMBAL is 51.4mph.
I too would like to see more functionality with the cendance controller in terms of being able to zoom with a button or dial instead of always the screen. Currently you have to setup the tap to zoom to magnify the tapped area by x1, x2, x4 etc and that is the only control you have over the zoom (as far as i have been able to figure out).
Other than that i thought the M210 performed ok. I think i will "stress test" with a single gimbal and see what the maximum speed is with two gimbals with no wind and then what is the maximum speed with 1 gimbal.

I would really be interested to hear form other M210 pilots and to hear their experience, i have only seen posts that are from early on this year.
2018-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules