Ronin 2 SDI Issue. Please help!
3546 7 2018-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DarKSpirit
lvl.2
Australia

Hi guys, having a very frustrating issue with the ronin 2 and was wondering if anyone can help. I'm trying to get the SDI passthrough to work, without any luck. When connecting a sdi cable from the camera to my monitor directly there is no issues, but when running to the sdi in and out on the ronin 2 there's no signal being displayed. I have checked all the cables are working 100% and even tried using different 3rd party cables with no luck.  I have also updated the ronin 2 to the latest firmware, and even refreshed it as well as powering the device on and off multiple times. Any suggestions? I havn't seen anyone else online saying anything about this issue. Anyone else had any luck getting this to work? Thanks!
2018-1-19
Use props
DarKSpirit
lvl.2
Australia

And just to clarify it has been connected in this way:

Camera SDI Out  to  Ronin SDI In

Ronin SDI Out  to  Monitor SDI
2018-1-19
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

DarKSpirit Posted at 2018-1-19 06:28
And just to clarify it has been connected in this way:

Camera SDI Out  to  Ronin SDI In

What monitor are you using, and what resolution are your camera output set to?
2018-1-26
Use props
DarKSpirit
lvl.2
Australia

It has been attempted with 3 different monitors of different brands and resolutions ranging from 720p >1080p
2018-1-28
Use props
fans0e3f94c0
New

Canada

Same problem here.
2018-2-21
Use props
Noadventure
lvl.1
United States

Mine is spotty too. It works if connected to 1 monitor, but it i’m looping through to a video transmitter, the signal suffers.

Btw, i’ve tried it the other way going thru the transmitter first, then looping out to the monitor. In that case the transmitter is fine,  it the monitor is spotty.
2018-3-2
Use props
fansdb08ef6c
lvl.1

Hallo
I had that problem also in first it was just SDI issue but after few days started to not see batteries. Gimbal worked just fine. After thural ispection I noticed demadge cable (on picture) sentit for repair and everything woks fine. This cable damage occurs from adjusting pan axses balance due to poor engineering. Hope I helped someone
20190221_121317.jpg
20190221_121305.jpg
2019-9-4
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4

fansdb08ef6c Posted at 9-4 16:58
Hallo
I had that problem also in first it was just SDI issue but after few days started to not see batteries. Gimbal worked just fine. After thural ispection I noticed demadge cable (on picture) sentit for repair and everything woks fine. This cable damage occurs from adjusting pan axses balance due to poor engineering. Hope I helped someone

thanx for those pictures ! i will check mine from time to time now
2019-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules