2758 7 2018-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lorenzo Facchin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 236677 ft
Italy

Ciao,
wich is the regulation for Drone flying in Madagascar?
I'm planning to go there for holydays, and I'd like to know something about this issue.
Can anybody help me?
Lorenzo
2018-1-19
Use props
OhOhDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 526076 ft
United States

Ciao Lorenzo,
I was in Madagascar 2 months ago. You cannot fly in national parks without first getting permission from the Tourism Ministry. The process would take one day to complete and you would have to get that permission in Tana. Remember Madagascar is one of the poorest countries in the world so once you bring out your drone everybody would be all over you trying to see what you are doing. It is loosely regulated but you still want to respect local laws.

Thanks,
Jon
2018-1-19
Use props
Lorenzo Facchin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 236677 ft
Italy

OhOhDrone Posted at 2018-1-19 07:57
Ciao Lorenzo,
I was in Madagascar 2 months ago. You cannot fly in national parks without first getting permission from the Tourism Ministry. The process would take one day to complete and you would have to get that permission in Tana. Remember Madagascar is one of the poorest countries in the world so once you bring out your drone everybody would be all over you trying to see what you are doing. It is loosely regulated but you still want to respect local laws.

Thankyou for the infos. Very kind
2018-1-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I do believe that as from 2015 you need a permit to fly a drone there - period! You should google your question and see what pops up including their national aviation authority website and application forms.
2018-1-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

If there is a need, you can also refer to the drone regulation of Madagascar: https://www.dji.com/flysafe
2018-1-21
Use props
OhOhDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 526076 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-21 01:15
If there is a need, you can also refer to the drone regulation of Madagascar: https://www.dji.com/flysafe

That site isn't very accurate. The no fly out zones are correct but all national parks are also no fly zones. Government officials there might fine you. To get permission for national parks you will need to appear in person and fill out a form. It takes no time at all and you travel with this document.
2018-1-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

OhOhDrone Posted at 2018-1-21 14:50
That site isn't very accurate. The no fly out zones are correct but all national parks are also no fly zones. Government officials there might fine you. To get permission for national parks you will need to appear in person and fill out a form. It takes no time at all and you travel with this document.

Thank you very much for the info. Hope it helps the OP and others who might go to Madagascar. And there might also have local No Fly Zones and drone regulations that pilots need to follow, too.
2018-1-23
Use props
Rekrii
lvl.1

Australia

Not sure if necro'ing this thread was the right choice, but I figured it was the same topic, so I would keep it together.

As above, i'm trying to bring a drone into mada for my holiday. I would say nearly all i read on sites say drones need a permit, and all of the application forms i can see are commercial (e.g. need a NOTAM, etc. for the application). See research below. What i've read here is much more positive!

@OhNoDrone, or others that have managed to get a personal use permit, do you have some more info on this? By the sounds of it, drones aren't confiscated at the airport at least?

Thanks for any help!
Rek

Research:
commercial application permit (drone-detectives DOT com/img/rulesImages/2016/06/fomulaire_de_demande_expcetionnelle_d_utilisation_d_un_aeronef_qui_circule_sans_personne_a_bord.docx)
"if you try to enter Madagascar with a drone it will be confiscated at customs" (uavcoach DOT com/drone-laws-in-madagascar/)
"Since March 2015 you have to apply for a permit if you want to put a drone into operation in Madagascar. Apparently, permits are not granted for private drone users." (drone-traveller DOT com/drone-laws-madagascar/)
2018-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules