Mavic helping to combat environmental crime
882 14 2018-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

The EU commission has recently published the video below. The part that will interest you most starts at 2:20. Actually we all can contribute to combat environmental crime by keeping our eyes open on this issue during our flights and report to the competent authorities if we discover potential problems.
P.S. I am not affiliated, just sharing the link. But I work in nature conservation myself.

2018-1-19
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting...I assume they chose the Mavic over an I2 because of its smaller footprint?
2018-1-19
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very interesting
2018-1-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Good news stories about drones show a real positive platform for the future of drone flying . Good job Watchberger.
2018-1-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thats a great idea - thanks for sharing.
2018-1-19
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-19 09:52
Good news stories about drones show a real positive platform for the future of drone flying . Good job Watchberger.

Thank you!
2018-1-19
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

A CW Posted at 2018-1-19 09:53
Thats a great idea - thanks for sharing.

My pleasure!
2018-1-19
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-1-19 09:48
Interesting...I assume they chose the Mavic over an I2 because of its smaller footprint?

The person with the Mavic seems to be from an NGO. I assume it were rather financial constraints that have made them choose a Mavic which can well do the job too. Even a Spark can do.
2018-1-19
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Glad that you liked it.
2018-1-19
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-19 10:18
The person with the Mavic seems to be from an NGO. I assume it were rather financial constraints that have made them choose a Mavic which can well do the job too. Even a Spark can do.

Ah...thanks!
2018-1-19
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

i wonder how long it will take AI to realise that humans are the greatest threat to earths health and all ecosystems in it and i wonder what advanced AI may decide to do about it.
2018-1-19
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
United States

Basically the drone helped because it was able to take videos of the debris and damage done? Any cellphone could have done that.
A Mavic has a 20 minutes flight time. By the time it's actually on site, the illegal dumpers would be gone.

And what's with the horrible video quality? It shouldn't look that bad unless you mess up your camera

2018-1-19
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-1-19 15:30
Basically the drone helped because it was able to take videos of the debris and damage done? Any cellphone could have done that.
A Mavic has a 20 minutes flight time. By the time it's actually on site anyways the illegal dumpers would be gone.

Then you must have had your sound switched off. The guy explains that they had no permission to enter the territory and that only by flying over it they were able to document the crime.
2018-1-19
Use props
Hexacopter
lvl.4

Australia

I was asked by some local animal liberation people to film a chicken farm from the air with my Tarot 680 or my Mavic Pro. They are nice people but they're off my radar as I am a hunter, so we made a compromise;

I taught them basic safety procedures and basic manual flight control, they somehow obtained funding for a pair of Mavic Pro Platinum's (quieter) and I managed to talk them out of wasting money on the (cheaper) Spark toys.

I am neither for or against these people, their heart is in the right place but cannot risk my licence.

If a crime takes place and they document it then well done. Every minority group seems to have woken up lately to the power of a flying camera. We shall see more footage in the future from such groups.

* hex *
2018-1-19
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great footage, whenever I fly Im always on the lookout for illegal actions since I do alot of flying towards the hills.  Thanks for sharing.
2018-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules