Post Advance IMU Calibration
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bahamasboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13845 ft
United States

While trying to tighten up my pirouettes and doing an advance calibration with the "paper trick".   I have noticed some interesting after effects.  

1) My video doesn't seem as stable  and almost seems extra sensitive to yaw movement of the bird.   Even with no left stick input. It seems to be the corrections it's making due to wind and forward travel turbulence. It's not horrible.. but much more side to side shaky than before.

2) When flying forward with right stick only... over long runs it seems to arc slowly to the left. To me this would indicate that something on the left front side of my calibration is low,  causing the bird to push to the left while rotating slightly left.  The camera seems to stay in the direction of travel.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.  I re-calibrated my TX using the Phantom Assistant 3.8.  Should I also need to re-calibrate using the RC  assistant then re-calibrate sticks in Phantom Assistant?  

My bird is not "spinning on pole" so I may need to do some minor adjustments in the advanced IMU which I'm not opposed to doing.  Just very curious about this issue.

Looking forward to your thoughts!

Phil

2015-4-23
Use props
Jamie
lvl.4

United States

I would definitely try calibrating the Tx in RC Assistant, then in Phantom Assistant.  It could be that calibration might correct what you are describing.

I found no problems with flight path or control, or in camera tracking after calibrating to correct drift in yaw spins.
2015-4-24
Use props
bahamasboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13845 ft
United States

Jamie Posted at 2015-4-25 10:23
I would definitely try calibrating the Tx in RC Assistant, then in Phantom Assistant.  It could be t ...

Thanks Jamie,
Literally 5 minutes before reading your post I decided to do a re calibration of the IMU and then noticed my left stick did not go all the way to the right when checking it in Assistant.  I did a recalibration of the sticks and now I get all the way "right yaw".    Your suggestion just confirmed my thought that this may fix the problem!!   
2015-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules