Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Price drop?
5955 17 2018-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SpeedyBirdy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 968002 ft
United States

I was planning on getting another battery for my sparky this weekend but I had a thought that since DJI is releasing a new drone on Tuesday which is like 3 days away that all the prices would be lowered for other drones and maybe even their accessories like batteries. Do you guys think this is likely and that I should wait or just go and get it now?

Thanks!
2018-1-20
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's a fair assumption, though not sure if a price drop would occur immediately after the announcement.  You might find a bunch of used batteries for sale after the announcement...LOL
2018-1-20
Use props
SpeedyBirdy
lvl.3
United States

Lol I mean on amazon right now a spark battery is like $48 from DJI but at BestBuy it’s $49+tax so about $52 in total. I bought sparky from BestBuy 2 days before NewYears and got the flymore combo. It was $599 but with tax it came out to a total of $623. The best part though is that BestBuy gave me a $50 giftcard with that purchase so I’m like cool I could get another battery for free
2018-1-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Price drops tend to happen around 3-6 months after a new gen model has launched.
2018-1-20
Use props
SpeedyBirdy
lvl.3
United States

Oof that’s too long for me lol
2018-1-20
Use props
Grmachine
lvl.4
United States

But if the new drone is a Mavic update, would that even have an effect on Spark stuff?
I'm figuring that Mavic price will drop substantialy. But if the speculation is on point about this new drone being a mid point between Spark, and Mavic, it could effect the whole market, not just DJI. A game changer so to speak.
2018-1-20
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

We'll see. But I expect quite some time after the launch until the new model will actually ship.
2018-1-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

New drones can and often do take months to ship then we’ll start seeing a whole new batch of FW updates. As the new drone becomes more readily available (and providing it’s a hit) the sales of the previous models will start to decline and become dated and that’s when you’ll see a price drop. The P3A, for example, dropped from £1400 to £800 within 6 months of the P4 being released and you can buy a new P3A as new old stock from a DJI reseller for less than £500 yet this was a top end consumer drone just 2 years ago. The same thing will happen with every drone on the market today as the tech evolves over the years. 6 months is a long time in this game!
2018-1-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And if speculation is to be believed and this is a ‘Mavic Air’ due to sit between the Spark and Mavic Pro it will be seen as the next step for Spark owners and will probably hit the Spark more than the Mavic. All will be revealed in a few days.
2018-1-20
Use props
SpeedyBirdy
lvl.3
United States

I having second thoughts now of buying the spark lol. It’s a fantastic tool and fun to fly but I feel like I should’ve waited a few weeks to see the launch of this upcoming drone and then should’ve made a decision.
2018-1-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SpeedyBirdy Posted at 2018-1-20 11:59
I having second thoughts now of buying the spark lol. It’s a fantastic tool and fun to fly but I feel like I should’ve waited a few weeks to see the launch of this upcoming drone and then should’ve made a decision.

Enjoy what you have - still a great drone and you can fly it tomorrow. If you waited for the new one it may not be until March or April before you'll get to fly it. You can always learn on the Spark and upgrade later in the year.
2018-1-20
Use props
Bowie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20564 ft
France

A CW Posted at 2018-1-20 12:03
Enjoy what you have - still a great drone and you can fly it tomorrow. If you waited for the new one it may not be until March or April before you'll get to fly it. You can always learn on the Spark and upgrade later in the year.

I agree ! Further, one of the biggest advantage of the Spark is it's compact size when flying.   The Mavic Pro or even the Mavic Air can't compete on this point...   The operating cost whould be higher than the spark (battery, etc...).  Like any new models, new bugs are coming....   The P4 or the Inspire is the way to go if you search higher photo quality...

2018-1-20
Use props
SpeedyBirdy
lvl.3
United States

Yea I see myself buying a phantom in the near future probably around Christmas time. I’m gonna learn all the basics with sparky and put all that knowledge and skill I’ve learned to good use with my next upgrade.
2018-1-20
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-20 10:24
New drones can and often do take months to ship then we’ll start seeing a whole new batch of FW updates. As the new drone becomes more readily available (and providing it’s a hit) the sales of the previous models will start to decline and become dated and that’s when you’ll see a price drop. The P3A, for example, dropped from £1400 to £800 within 6 months of the P4 being released and you can buy a new P3A as new old stock from a DJI reseller for less than £500 yet this was a top end consumer drone just 2 years ago. The same thing will happen with every drone on the market today as the tech evolves over the years. 6 months is a long time in this game!

Yes, the glory of the times we live in.  Every budget has access to amazing tools as long as you don't have to be on the leading edge of tech.  Great tools rapidly drop into the affordable realm.  I am watching last year's camera gimbal quickly drop into my price range.

Sitting on my back deck in modern warm clothes while flying my drone over snow drifts and enjoying a hot coffee.  The richest kings of old never had it so good.
2018-1-20
Use props
fansd0b39800
New

United States

I've been carefully watching all ebay auctions on the Spark since Dec. 2017. The lowest I saw before the Mavic Air release was $475 for the Fly More Combo. Today, I just saw the Fly More Combo sell for $428. There is an influx of Spark as everyone is trying to get $$$ to buy the Mavic Air
Happy Bidding!
2018-1-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very true Gunship 9
2018-1-28
Use props
"Maverick"1776
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22123 ft
United States

Have yet to notice a major price drop on Spark batteries since Air announcement. However, I did purchase one extra battery from Amazon recently for $45 with no tax.
2018-1-28
Use props
SpeedyBirdy
lvl.3
United States

It doesn’t matter to me anymore cause I already bought another battery hours after I created this post from reading the earlier replies lol.
2018-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules