Just got Dji spark back from repair. Had all sorts of issues
2377 18 2018-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DjiGuy51
lvl.1
United States

Hi, I crashed my drone into a tree about three weeks ago which was mostly my fault, and I sent it into DJI to repair the broken arm and motor. $150 and 2 weeks later, I finally get it back. The first day I used it I started to notice some things were a little off about it. But nothing too bad. Then the second day I really noticed it. I was getting Camera sensor errors every time I took flight and "Restart aircraft" warnings I restarted my aircraft several times to no avail. I kept getting no camera feed. If that wasn't bad enough, all my sensors were off. I kept getting "Downward vision sensor error", "Air encoder Error". I recalibrated my compass and IMU several times and took out the SD card and nothing fixed the issue. As well as no camera feed, the aircraft would constantly change altitude while hovering and would be very wobbly. I tried connecting my drone to both my remote and my phone individually with the same problem. When I called DJI customer care, they gave the usual, "Oh sorry about your drone" and then proceeded to tell me things I already knew. I also keep getting weak GPS signal and My firmware is up to date. Today I got the dreaded "Hardware Malfunction. Contact DJI support for repairs." The funny thing is, I just got it repaired

My question to you is, how should I go about this? Do you think my drone is under warranty since I just got it repaired? or is it somehow linked to me? Keep in mind this was the first day I got it back from them, I ran into issues. I just don't want to pay more for something I didn't do. Or is it possible that the sensors were damaged in the crash 3 weeks ago, and since I didn't list that as an issue in my repair ticket, they didn't even realize it was an issue? But they should have because they test the drones before they send them out.

Thanks for reading this and replying
2018-1-20
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

" Do you think my drone is under warranty since I just got it repaired? "

I would certainly hope that this is some sort of warranty for the repair work.  After all you did pay $150 "out of pocket" for repair.
2018-1-20
Use props
Grmachine
lvl.4
United States

I hope they take care of you.
I'm currently repairing a P4P for a buddy of mine. All the physical damage is pretty obvious and straight forward, the problem falls with delicate electronics and unseen damage from hard impacts.
The repair is going to cost him nearly $700 because he lost the whole camera, and once it's all back together, there is no guarantee that all the electronics will still work correctly.
2018-1-20
Use props
rimza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3307 ft
Brunei

I sincerely believe repairs done by DJI has to be warranted, especially if the AC is still under warranty but even if beyond warranty, the specific repairs done should be honored if found to be otherwise.

Did you report back the issues to DJI support?
2018-1-20
Use props
DjiGuy51
lvl.1
United States

rimza Posted at 2018-1-20 09:40
I sincerely believe repairs done by DJI has to be warranted, especially if the AC is still under warranty but even if beyond warranty, the specific repairs done should be honored if found to be otherwise.

Did you report back the issues to DJI support?

I have not made a support ticket yet, that is my next step
2018-1-20
Use props
csreed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 834816 ft
United States

I’m interested in hearing how this turns out for you.  My Spark is on it's way to be repaired for the same reasons as yours and this has been a concern of mine.  I considered just writing it off and getting a replacement.  I hope they take care of it for you.
2018-1-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I am terribly sorry for your difficulties, could you please try to refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant 2 and check if the error code persists? If so, please kindly send the drone back again. Btw, please kindly provide me with your previous case number, I would like to check the details of it.
2018-1-20
Use props
DjiGuy51
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-20 20:07
I am terribly sorry for your difficulties, could you please try to refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant 2 and check if the error code persists? If so, please kindly send the drone back again. Btw, please kindly provide me with your previous case number, I would like to check the details of it.

previous case number- CAS-1336663-F6X7P4
2018-1-21
Use props
DjiGuy51
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-20 20:07

Status update: I redownloaded current firmware and it didn't help, so I downgraded firmware to the one before the latest, and it seemed to fix the issue for only about 1 minute and then the problems persisted, so I suppose I will have to send it into DJI again considering nothing is working. Do you think it will be under warranty?
2018-1-21
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

GR machine ..... what you say is why I would never buy a second hand drone, or car for that matter.You just don't know what it's suffered,physical damage is the easy bit.
I am sure many electronic items are fitted with jolt or shock detectors which record impacts,  and why dji can  do so little in the event of a problem without the drone. What they analyse will determine their response to the case.
When they say it may have struck a building, they are satisfied that that is so.
2018-1-21
Use props
choban
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30784 ft
Germany

I guess that's your best option at the moment. Are you sure that you got your Spark repaired and not replaced? Does SN match to your old drone?

Your warranty should be valid in this case...
2018-1-21
Use props
DjiGuy51
lvl.1
United States

choban Posted at 2018-1-21 10:13
I guess that's your best option at the moment. Are you sure that you got your Spark repaired and not replaced? Does SN match to your old drone?

Your warranty should be valid in this case...

I'm actually not sure whether they replaced or repaired it. Is there a way to check SN of my old drone?
2018-1-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

DjiGuy51 Posted at 2018-1-21 08:21
Status update: I redownloaded current firmware and it didn't help, so I downgraded firmware to the one before the latest, and it seemed to fix the issue for only about 1 minute and then the problems persisted, so I suppose I will have to send it into DJI again considering nothing is working. Do you think it will be under warranty?

Sorry for your difficulties. If it is not the pilot error which causes the issue, it should be a warranty case. Please send the drone in first, our engineers will diagnose and decide if it is a warranty case.
2018-1-22
Use props
DjiGuy51
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-22 03:19
Sorry for your difficulties. If it is not the pilot error which causes the issue, it should be a warranty case. Please send the drone in first, our engineers will diagnose and decide if it is a warranty case.

alright then. I'll send it in.. Again
2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

DjiGuy51 Posted at 2018-1-22 09:26

Thank you very much. Hope you can get the drone back to you soon.
2018-1-23
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

DjiGuy51 Posted at 2018-1-22 09:26

Keep us updated in your progress
2018-1-23
Use props
DjiGuy51
lvl.1
United States

aviscomi Posted at 2018-1-23 05:29
Keep us updated in your progress

I sure will, I just probably wont be able to send it in this week (busy week) but ill keep you all posted on how DJI handles it
2018-1-24
Use props
djiuser_TI8hkE5plbnw
New

United States

There will probably be a lot of crashes now that otg not supported.  I am getting a lot of signal losses and video sux and is choppy on my Samsung Note 5 now that otg not supported.  While I was very happy with my Spark I'm very dissatisfied with DJI making it unpleasant and risky to fly.  The excitement is now become too many concerns to fully enjoy.
2018-2-10
Use props
djiuser_ovqevN5YbCse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115 ft
United States

If you purchased the DJI care Refresh the serial number for both the drone and the gimbal are in the email.  It would also be on the original packaging if you still have it.
2018-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules