Editor recommendations - first video
566 6 2018-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BSIBrian
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31368 ft
United States

Learning on many fronts. First time flying drone. First time filming from drone and first time piecing together video clips. I tried using the Windows 10 Photos app. Had a number of issues (like the music dynamically changing as I tried to get scene transitions in sync.)   Any recommendations for hobbyist video editing?
2018-1-20
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Try doing it with DaVinci Resolve, it's free and very good. And keep the clips as short as you can. Cutting, cutting and again cutting (as painful as it may appear to you) is one of the keys to attractive videos. And avoid repetitions of the same scenery or object, rather show them from different angles. But experience comes with many tries. And you can learn a lot from others. If you really like a video analyse to find out what makes you like it. Same with videos you don't like that much. Just a few hints to start with. I am myself still far from where I hope to reach one day.
2018-1-20
Use props
BSIBrian
lvl.3
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-20 09:28
Try doing it with DaVinci Resolve, it's free and very good. And keep the clips as short as you can. Cutting, cutting and again cutting (as painful as it may appear to you) is one of the keys to attractive videos. And avoid repetitions of the same scenery or object, rather show them from different angles. But experience comes with many tries. And you can learn a lot from others. If you really like a video analyse to find out what makes you like it. Same with videos you don't like that much. Just a few hints to start with. I am myself still far from where I hope to reach one day.

Thanks. I'll give it a go.
2018-1-20
Use props
BSIBrian
lvl.3
United States

This was my Windows 10 Photos App attempt.
2018-1-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BSIBrian Posted at 2018-1-20 11:29
This was my Windows 10 Photos App attempt. https://youtu.be/LPocM7Btwa8

Very nice!
2018-1-20
Use props
Lee Moon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61850 ft
United States

BSIBrian Posted at 2018-1-20 11:29
This was my Windows 10 Photos App attempt. https://youtu.be/LPocM7Btwa8

Excellent video! You've done an awesome job creating this video.
2018-1-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You have an amazing place there.
Thanks for sharing!
2018-1-20
Use props
Advanced