Unstable Mavic
1058 12 2018-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paukstis91
lvl.2
Lithuania

Hey. When I Take off with my mavic, it doesn't look stable at all. He can move up and down for a metre, then go left for around 20 centimetres, than again he go a little bit up. He looks absolutely unstable. For example today here was no wind, and mavic caught about 15 sattelites. So I Don't understand why he is so moving around...

Here is my video of today flight. I just rose my drone about 20 metre up and did nothing with controller's sticks but Mavic itself are flying slowly away

IMG_0049.PNG
2018-1-20
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

You may want to do an Imu calibration .
2018-1-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Calibrate the IMU and possibly refresh the FW if still persists. What is your compass reading too?
2018-1-20
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree calibrate the IMU and do a compass calibration.
2018-1-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please try to calibrate the IMU and compass, if possible, also calibrate the VPS system; check if the propellers are damaged, change it if necessary. Please keep us updated if the problem persists, thank you.
2018-1-23
Use props
paukstis91
lvl.2
Lithuania

Hey, I calibrated yesterday IMU and Compass as well as it showed on tutorials. I have latest FW.  Propellers are undamaged and in good condition. But still it is unstable. Especially when the drone is above the ground 1-2 m. It looks like it wants to land, but when I control with sticks, it is pretty stable and do everything I want. Today or tomorrow I will film it from my perspective how drone moves around.
2018-1-23
Use props
paukstis91
lvl.2
Lithuania

Hey, I filmed how my drone behave yesterday. There was almost no wind. And yesterday it was pretty stable comparing to how he acted before. I don't know maybe it is normal?  But my ex-drone ph4p was way more stable than this. What do you think guys?

2018-2-8
Use props
Jeff7577
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

Uh, it didn’t even move 6 inches. Your phantom was not more stable than that.
2018-2-8
Use props
paukstis91
lvl.2
Lithuania

So if it doesn't move more than 6 inches it is normal when there is almost no wind? I don't like that my drone going down for 15 cm, and it looks like he is landing itself. Also you can see at my first video, that he is rotating itself and he is still behaving the same
2018-2-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

paukstis91 Posted at 2018-2-8 05:08
So if it doesn't move more than 6 inches it is normal when there is almost no wind? I don't like that my drone going down for 15 cm, and it looks like he is landing itself. Also you can see at my first video, that he is rotating itself and he is still behaving the same

Calibrate the vision sensors using DJI Assistant 2 and don't hover over reflective surfaces (like snow in the sun light) for prolonged periods at low altitude. From the DJI Manual: -

The performance of the Forward and Downward Vision Systems are affected by the surface being own over. Ultrasonic sensors may not be able to accurately measure distances when operating above sound-absorbing materials and the camera may not function correctly in suboptimal environments. The aircraft will switch from P-mode to Atti mode automatically if neither GPS nor Forward and Downward Vision Systems are available. Operate the aircraft with great caution in the following situations:
                                        Flying over monochrome surfaces (e.g. pure black, pure white, pure red, pure green).
Flying over a highly reflective surfaces.
Flying at high speeds of over 22mph (36kph) at 2 meters or over 11mph (18kph) 1 meter.

Flying over water or transparent surfaces.
                                        Flying over moving surfaces or objects.
Flying over inclined surfaces that will detect sound waves away from the aircraft.
Flying over small and fine objects (e.g. tree branches and power lines).
Flying in an area where the lighting changes frequently or drastically.
Flying over extremely dark (lux < 10) or bright (lux > 100,000) surfaces.
Flying over surfaces that can absorb sound waves (e.g. thick carpet).
Flying over surfaces without clear patterns or texture.
Flying over surfaces with identical repeating patterns or textures (e.g. tiling).

2018-2-8
Use props
paukstis91
lvl.2
Lithuania

Everything is calibrated as it should be and as it showed in tutorials. Everything even controller is fresh calibrated
2018-2-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

paukstis91 Posted at 2018-2-8 05:19
Everything is calibrated as it should be and as it showed in tutorials. Everything even controller is fresh calibrated

Then you have two options - know the limitations of your drone and make allowances for the minor variance using VPS or return it to DJI for replacement.
2018-2-8
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

I think it looks quite normal, considering the sunshine of snow. My own behaves almost in the same way at low altitudes above snow, as well as over water at low hover height.
2018-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules