1237 17 2018-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eman_vg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1015440 ft
United States

DJI GO4:

I was on my DJI Go4 app on my phone, and it kept saying my total flight distance in flight records was 5400, it was wierd because I swore I've flown it much further. All of my stats were low. I fly my Phantom 4 on my Samsung Tab and my Spark on my iPhone, so I was wondering why the number was so low.

I saw a little cloud in the top right corner and I chose to sync flight data, and
voilà

in 2 minutes my screen said I had a total flight distance of 192,660... a big distance.
Many of you probably already knew that, but I just discovered that after a year of DJI flying... I hope I helped someone!!  
2018-1-20
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

A significant difference, its a shame you cannot add your flights made using third party apps.
2018-1-20
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
United States

Dockater Posted at 2018-1-20 13:15
A significant difference, its a shame you cannot add your flights made using third party apps.

What other apps do you use to pilot?
2018-1-20
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
United States

Dockater Posted at 2018-1-20 13:15

2018-1-20
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Germany

eman_vg Posted at 2018-1-20 16:07

Litchi mainly, it is commercial but not expensive. It is less restrictive and has some features that DJI GO 4 are missing. There are others, check out uncle Google and aunty YouTube.
2018-1-20
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
United States

Dockater Posted at 2018-1-20 17:28
Litchi mainly, it is commercial but not expensive. It is less restrictive and has some features that DJI GO 4 are missing. There are others, check out uncle Google and aunty YouTube.

Some day I might look into that... but the third party apps are more trustworthy than DJI Go?
2018-1-20
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
United States

Dockater Posted at 2018-1-20 17:28

Well I guess it would be more trustworthy if you add features, what other features does Litchi have? (now I am interested)
2018-1-20
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Germany

eman_vg Posted at 2018-1-20 17:31
Well I guess it would be more trustworthy if you add features, what other features does Litchi have? (now I am interested)

Software compatibility is always an issue and a risk. Despite many complaints here about DJI software I sincerely believe they do a good job in a difficult area. Litchi has a good reputation and is less restrictive than the DJI apps. Features; Litchi has a better preplanning flight route feature that can be set up on the iPad/tablet alone. Up until the latest updates by DJI they did not have an automatic feature for 360 degree panoramas Litchi does and it is very versatile. DJI GO is the much better app to set up flight parameters though. With Litchi you can set up several sets of goggles or tablets to monitor the flight more easily.

This is however, not the place for detailed reviews of third party software, YouTube is very informative, check out reviews on the web as well.
2018-1-20
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Germany

2018-1-20
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Just to add to what Dockater has responded with, the key reasons I bought Litchi were:

* Their FPV mode which allows you to take yourself into the sky with the drone using your Smartphone and a cheap set of Google "cardboard"compatible goggles.
* Flying autonomous missions - plan on their online "mission hub", save the mission, download it to the craft, and let it go. You can re-fly the missions identically each time - great for videos to show landscape changes.
* Leaner app - the software is well-written and demands less of your device. DJI GO will no longer work OK on an iPad Mini 2, whereas Litchi will for example.
2018-1-20
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fpv mode is pants, it kept pixelating on my note 3 i couldnt use it at all and it was the only reason i got Litchi :

The planning of a flight in the hub is by far the number one seller, i have not used it with a flight yet but i have used it to plan a flight for the near future, albeit reluctant to relying on it to do it on its own
2018-1-20
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
United States

Dockater Posted at 2018-1-20 18:03
Software compatibility is always an issue and a risk. Despite many complaints here about DJI software I sincerely believe they do a good job in a difficult area. Litchi has a good reputation and is less restrictive than the DJI apps. Features; Litchi has a better preplanning flight route feature that can be set up on the iPad/tablet alone. Up until the latest updates by DJI they did not have an automatic feature for 360 degree panoramas Litchi does and it is very versatile. DJI GO is the much better app to set up flight parameters though. With Litchi you can set up several sets of goggles or tablets to monitor the flight more easily.

This is however, not the place for detailed reviews of third party software, YouTube is very informative, check out reviews on the web as well.

Interesting... I'll check out those videos, thanks!
2018-1-21
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-20 19:52
Just to add to what Dockater has responded with, the key reasons I bought Litchi were:

* Their FPV mode which allows you to take yourself into the sky with the drone using your Smartphone and a cheap set of Google "cardboard"compatible goggles.

Hm, thanks for the information, perhaps when I want to jump into controlling my drone through FPV I will get the software!
2018-1-21
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
United States

Bashy Posted at 2018-1-20 21:18
fpv mode is pants, it kept pixelating on my note 3 i couldnt use it at all and it was the only reason i got Litchi :

The planning of a flight in the hub is by far the number one seller, i have not used it with a flight yet but i have used it to plan a flight for the near future, albeit reluctant to relying on it to do it on its own

Okay, thanks for the info Bashy! FPV mode isn't really good for DJI unless you buy their goggles (not doing that).
2018-1-21
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Bashy Posted at 2018-1-20 21:18
fpv mode is pants, it kept pixelating on my note 3 i couldnt use it at all and it was the only reason i got Litchi :

The planning of a flight in the hub is by far the number one seller, i have not used it with a flight yet but i have used it to plan a flight for the near future, albeit reluctant to relying on it to do it on its own

Yeah Bashy, I understand. I was very nervous on my first autonomous flight. It takes Balls of Steel to set it off and then wait for it's return - but it did, and with complete accuracy. The final checkpoint was just at the back of a house, and it had to fly between two structures and up a back lane to get there. But my error was that it was within 20m of the take-off point, so when it got to the last point it automatically started to descend - but it was right over a tree. Had to take control fast!
The mission was completely planned out first on the Miission Hub, complete with route, altitude, camera angles, focus points, etc.
Oh, and you don't need to have bought the product to create an account and test out the Hub either. Give it a try.
2018-1-21
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

eman_vg Posted at 2018-1-21 09:33
Okay, thanks for the info Bashy! FPV mode isn't really good for DJI unless you buy their goggles (not doing that).

I know they are dear new, i bought second had @ £300 gbp and man, they are brilliant, talk about a very large TV screen ps, fatsharks do not even compare, mot the pooey hd2's anyway....
2018-1-21
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-21 13:16
Yeah Bashy, I understand. I was very nervous on my first autonomous flight. It takes Balls of Steel to set it off and then wait for it's return - but it did, and with complete accuracy. The final checkpoint was just at the back of a house, and it had to fly between two structures and up a back lane to get there. But my error was that it was within 20m of the take-off point, so when it got to the last point it automatically started to descend - but it was right over a tree. Had to take control fast!
The mission was completely planned out first on the Miission Hub, complete with route, altitude, camera angles, focus points, etc.
Oh, and you don't need to have bought the product to create an account and test out the Hub either. Give it a try.

ooo, that was close chap, sounds just like the sort of mistake i would make too, i do have a very small 5 pointer setup raring to go, the benefits of a preset mission could be very appropriate for a quick getaway hence this one mission is predetermined, its now having the bottle to go there and hope for the best lol
2018-1-21
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Bashy Posted at 2018-1-21 19:57
ooo, that was close chap, sounds just like the sort of mistake i would make too, i do have a very small 5 pointer setup raring to go, the benefits of a preset mission could be very appropriate for a quick getaway hence this one mission is predetermined, its now having the bottle to go there and hope for the best lol

Just don't under-estimate the return time, and allow for head wind just in case. Remember that when it loses contact with the controller it won't RTH - it'll finish the mission as programmed.
I'm a low risk taken, so my max flight time for an autonomous mission on a fully charged battery would be no more than 15 min.
But now we're off-subject. Apologies to the op.
2018-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules