Problem: GL300E has no WiFi - defective?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DL5MHK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 155728 ft
Germany

Hi all,

I bought a P4 Advanced+ today, equipped with the GL300E remote controller with display. After charging the first time,
I switched the RC on, the kopter on, and went onto the activation. Tje WiFi switch was off, so I switched it on, but no
WiFi networks showed up, although we have plenty here in the house. None, zilch, zero. Even my tablets and cellulars
hotspots were displayed. Attempt to Connect brings a error message: Network disconnected. Failed to coninue device
activation. Connect WiFi or insert a wireless adapter.

Then I did as follows: Long press on the displays stby switch - it announced a restart. Wiped from top, clicked the gear sign,
went to the WiFi section with no success.
Then back, to the About this device Android info section, and the MAC Adress entry was empty. This usually shows up,
when Android has no network adapter or it's defective.
Any other ideas? Otherwise I would have to return the unit to the dealer...and they don't have another one on stock...

BTW: A USB WiFi adapter with OTG cable didn't improve the situation.

Best,
DL5MHK

2018-1-20
Use props
DL5MHK
lvl.2
Germany

> Even my tablets and cellulars hotspots were displayed.

Sorry: were NOT displayed!
2018-1-20
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

DL5MHK Posted at 2018-1-20 18:27
> Even my tablets and cellulars hotspots were displayed.

Sorry: were NOT displayed!

Try turning the wifi switch off and on a few times as it may not be turning on properly.
2018-1-20
Use props
DL5MHK
lvl.2
Germany

> Try turning the wifi switch off and on a few times as it may not be turning on properly.

I tried this more than often...with no success. I also did factory reset on the Android Display - no success. Don't know which kind of reset ape grip works for the controller itself, tried C1, C2, Shutter as well as C1, C2, record - no success.
2018-1-21
Use props
DL5MHK
lvl.2
Germany

DL5MHK Posted at 2018-1-21 03:21
> Try turning the wifi switch off and on a few times as it may not be turning on properly.

I tried this more than often...with no success. I also did factory reset on the Android Display - no success. Don't know which kind of reset ape grip works for the controller itself, tried C1, C2, Shutter as well as C1, C2, record - no success.

Well, the fix was easy: I returned the Advance plus and got the pro plus Obsidian edition for a very special price. Coolest bird ever, maybe topped by the Inspire, which I assume doesn't make it as carry-on luggage when traveling.
2018-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules