all my footage is shaky and unusable
5843 11 2018-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marksus1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 253314 ft
Australia

So i went out for a day trip and tried to use my osmo mobile with my iPhone x. looked great until  i transfered to my computer and it's completely unusable. I have an example video below where i tried my best to walk slow and counter the  shake as much as possible. sadly, it still looks like junk. Any suggestions? was filmed at 4k 30fps.

2018-1-20
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

The key to Successful video is slow and steady. Your movements are too fast and jerky.
2018-1-21
Use props
Marksus1
lvl.2
Australia

Marty Markoe Posted at 2018-1-21 05:47
The key to Successful video is slow and steady. Your movements are too fast and jerky.

I was basically walking on my toes to counter the bounce. Turns out it’s the DJI GO app that makes it look like junk. Regular camera mount I don’t get any of this
2018-1-21
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
India

Marksus1 Posted at 2018-1-21 10:54
I was basically walking on my toes to counter the bounce. Turns out it’s the DJI GO app that makes it look like junk. Regular camera mount I don’t get any of this

How does the GO app affect your image quality?  Your pans are ok, I just see bouncing while you walk.
2018-1-21
Use props
Marksus1
lvl.2
Australia

ghostrdr Posted at 2018-1-21 12:46
How does the GO app affect your image quality?  Your pans are ok, I just see bouncing while you walk.

No idea to be honest. I checked out a review video with a guy using the iPhone X. He encounted the same problem. Motion lapse and photos are fine. Just gets jerky when I film. Some people say it’s the software stabilisation trying to counter it but you can’t disable. I’m happy to use the regular camera app for video and photos. My active tracks and motion lapse I use my tripod
2018-1-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It is because of the stabilized lens with the iPhone X. (and some other models).
The native app should be ok.
Hope DJI will fix this soon (not for me, I have an iPhone SE, but the Apple users with a newer model)
2018-1-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Marksus, no matter what mobile device you are using, the vertical movement still needs to be controller, the key to capture stable shots is how you walk. We suggest to use ''nanja walk'', please refer to the video below to use Osmo Mobile properly.

Besides, like Montfrooij mentioned, could you please try the stock Camera to make a comparison?
2018-1-21
Use props
Marksus1
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-21 21:02
Hi Marksus, no matter what mobile device you are using, the vertical movement still needs to be controller, the key to capture stable shots is how you walk. We suggest to use ''nanja walk'', please refer to the video below to use Osmo Mobile properly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlXY52BE7EI
Besides, like Montfrooij mentioned, could you please try the stock Camera to make a comparison?

Hiya. Here's some footage using the regular camera app. I understand what you mean by ninja steps. the "head bobble" is still there but the harsh digital looking stutter has disappeared. (give it a minute to process in HD. YT can take a while).

2018-1-21
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Marksus1 Posted at 2018-1-21 10:54
I was basically walking on my toes to counter the bounce. Turns out it’s the DJI GO app that makes it look like junk. Regular camera mount I don’t get any of this

Can you explain how walking on tiptoes will make for steady video?
2018-1-22
Use props
Marksus1
lvl.2
Australia

Marty Markoe Posted at 2018-1-22 04:56
Can you explain how walking on tiptoes will make for steady video?

I was more or less on my toes slightly with my knees bent to reduce the bouncing.
2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Marksus1 Posted at 2018-1-21 22:43
Hiya. Here's some footage using the regular camera app. I understand what you mean by ninja steps. the "head bobble" is still there but the harsh digital looking stutter has disappeared. (give it a minute to process in HD. YT can take a while).

iOS camera app

Marksus, may I know the APP version and firmware version you are running now?
2018-1-23
Use props
Marksus1
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-23 01:40
Marksus, may I know the APP version and firmware version you are running now?

Hi Mindy. Sorry for the late reply. Long weekend now woo!

firmware: V1.6.0.80
APP: 3.2.23(2812)
iOS: 11.2.5

cheers!
2018-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules