video issues
2035 19 2018-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Epicdoom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340620 ft
United States

I have an issue with video on the P3P I can be in the air and all of a sudden the screen will pixilate and go black then it comes back and does it again. if I unplug the connection to the tablet it will be ok for a few min then starts acting up again. sometimes I can fly out 5K and not a single issue and sometimes its doing it with only a few feet of distance away. any help with this issue would be fantastic because I'm annoyed to the point I want to smash everything under the wheels of my truck. this was a used drone with only 11 flight hours on it total.

I don't know if the issue is in the module that connects to the tablet, The controller or something inside the drone the drone doesn't have any damage that would indicate its been in a crash or even a close call everything looks Brand new. I have tried other display devices and I get the same issue so I know my display device isn't the problem.  cant post a video of the issue because it says its to large even though its only a couple min long  not sure how I can share it here
2018-1-21
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
United States

any ideas ??
2018-2-23
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Have you tried a different usb cable? Seems strange to me too. Especially if you get same results with different devices. Have you tried locking in a single channel, and turn the bitrate down to 4mb?
2018-2-23
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
United States

I have tried several brand new cables. I will try a single channel and low bitrate.  what's odd about it is when the screen gets pixilated I can unplug the cable plug it back in and its good for maybe 2-3 min and starts getting heavy pixilation again. it wouldn't be so much of an issue except that when it happens It gets so bad I cant see anything on the screen if it were a few pixil's here and there I wouldn't even care, but its literally blacking my screen out. I fly in close to things for observation and cant have that.
2018-2-26
Use props
user2e288a7efd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40906 ft
United States

I have same loss of video transmission, have had this since latest fw. Hoping DJI either helps us that have P3p's or come out with new FW upgrade.
Attention DJI, P3P's are grounded.
2018-3-1
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
United States

I started this post in January with only 1 reply. I still have the issue I can fly with video then all of a sudden it gets scrambled with pixilation badly and will not recover till I unplug from the USB on the RC once I replug it in I get great views again for a min or 2 then back to scrambled and it doesn't matter if I'm 5 feet away or 5000. I don't think mine is Firmware related unfortunately I don't know anyone with a PRO that could help me figure out if its in the RC AC or just the module on back of the RC. I'm at my wits end with this thing and ready to do a 50 round AR Mag dump into it or blow it to bits with 20lbs of tannerite
2018-3-1
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
United States

this link will show what my issue is
2018-3-1
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
United States

someone? anyone?
2018-3-7
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

' I have tried other display devices and I get the same issue so I know my display device isn't the problem. '

Unfortunately, it is exactly that. Your display device does not have the power to process the video feed. This is quite a common issue.
2018-3-7
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
United States

So to Geebax's point, have the devices you have tried all been pretty new devices? You never exactly said which products you have tried, and it is no secret the GO app takes a massive amount of processing. Just asking to try and help.
2018-3-7
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
United States

IMO that's not true it runs my P34k perfectly and it ran on a guys P3P who asked to test it out on his drone. he was running an I-pad that was giving him freeze up issues. he flew with my galaxy tab S3 for 2 full batteries without a single hiccup.  I have also tried the P3P on my S8 phone tied it on an I-phone as well, every display I've hooked up to this drone does this, but works perfectly on my P34K. the randomness of this issue is what's making it hard to figure out sometimes I get almost through a  full battery sometimes it starts getting goofy on take off @100% I wish I would have traded info with the guy who also had a P3P I would be able to bind my AC to his RC and find out what the issue is. at the time I had the P34K and no issues
2018-3-7
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 2018-3-7 17:07
So to Geebax's point, have the devices you have tried all been pretty new devices? You never exactly said which products you have tried, and it is no secret the GO app takes a massive amount of processing. Just asking to try and help.

I use a Galaxy Tab S3 Brand new and a S8 Phone about 6 months old  my tablet is clean noting but the app on it and the junk that Samsung puts on it but I kill all the apps but GO put it in airplane mode, no wifi or GPS enabled both the tab S3 and S8 work flawlessly on my P34K
2018-3-7
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
United States

Epicdoom Posted at 2018-3-7 17:39
I use a Galaxy Tab S3 Brand new and a S8 Phone about 6 months old  my tablet is clean noting but the app on it and the junk that Samsung puts on it but I kill all the apps but GO put it in airplane mode, no wifi or GPS enabled both the tab S3 and S8 work flawlessly on my P34K

So, you used the same devices on your P34K, right. Was it the exact same GO app version? Just  wondering. If you have not changed or updated the GO app, it must be something in the phantom. Just kind of a process of elimination. Now the only reason I ask, is because I use a Nvidea shield with my P3A, and it works perfect all the time. And I fly a lot. But I did have issues when my tablet some time back update to V7.0Nougat android. After the upgrade I had all kinds of video issues, etc., and had to rot my device and roll it back to V6.0 Marshmallow, and it has been perfect ever since. I do know that some of the newer devices with the Nougat android have had some of these issues, but mainly with the last couple of latest GO app versions. I'm sure the new Samsung Tab comes with the latest android software, but did you update DJI GO app when switching to your newly purchased P3P?
I guess if the answer to all of these questions is no, and you haven't changed anything except the phantom, it must not be the tablet. Do you know anyone of your friends that has a P3A or a P3P, that you could try your RC on. All you would have to do is a re-link. No biggy and only takes a few seconds. You could try your RC on their phantom or vice versa. That is the only way to sort this out in my opinion. Short of sending it in to DJI to figure out. Sorry for your troubles and hope you figure it out.

Edit: I'm sorry I just re-read a reply that you had made about a guy you where swapping devices with. Any way you can relocate him or someone else. The more I think about it I wonder if your problem is the usb module in your RC? Those arn't to bad to buy and swap. Maybe worth a try. I'll quit rambling on. Best of luck.
2018-3-8
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
United States

I didn't permit the tablet to update its software since it was running on my P34K without issues, I have the latest go app installed on the tablet, But I have tried several other versions as well as firmware for the AC and RC
I didn't get that guys name who tried my tablet on his P3P unfortunately, but I do visit the park he was flying in regularly so hopefully I run into him again. I'm gonna put out the word locally that I need some help from a P3P owner hopefully someone will respond.

I also think the issue is in the USB module. I want to add the HDMI module to the RC anyhow so I will buy that one and see if the issue clears up. I don't mind it displaying a few pixils here and there, but it gets really bad with large blocks that black out the screen as you can see in the video I posted. for what I use my drone for I cant have that happening because I will end up crashing it. I use it for close in Photography off the sides of cliffs and in some caves.  
2018-3-8
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Epicdoom Posted at 2018-3-7 17:20
IMO that's not true it runs my P34k perfectly and it ran on a guys P3P who asked to test it out on his drone. he was running an I-pad that was giving him freeze up issues. he flew with my galaxy tab S3 for 2 full batteries without a single hiccup.  I have also tried the P3P on my S8 phone tied it on an I-phone as well, every display I've hooked up to this drone does this, but works perfectly on my P34K. the randomness of this issue is what's making it hard to figure out sometimes I get almost through a  full battery sometimes it starts getting goofy on take off @100% I wish I would have traded info with the guy who also had a P3P I would be able to bind my AC to his RC and find out what the issue is. at the time I had the P34K and no issues

You can rationalise it any way you like, but the symptoms you report are due to the phone/tab not be able to process the information fast enough. The fact that it works on your P3/4K does not change this. One little thing different can change the whole experience. Each aircraft works in a subtly different way that can trip up the app.

The Go App is getting bloated and is starting to do this on lots of people's units, the only cure I know of is to avoid Android systems, the app seems to work better of late model Apple devices.
2018-3-8
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
United States

ok then why does it work on my p34k it also worked on my standard before I gave it away and the other guys p3p,  I have tried every firmware and go app version that the P3P has ever had to fix this issue to no avail. I have tried apple devices no good. I tried the iPhone 5 no good, I will grab my daughters IPhone she just got the newest one two days ago. I seriously doubt my case is a display issue though as I have optimized that tablet to run this stuff and so far it has FLAWLESSLY.  I save nothing onto the tablet and I download nothing onto it, its a dedicated to my drone only device and has been since the day I opened it. its not a run of the mill tablet the specs on it are quite good, my S8+ cell phone also great specs for this stuff.  I'm not an apple fan but Id buy one to use for my drone only if I had to. anyhow I ordered the HDMI module to try until I find someone local to fly my AC on they're RC or my RC on they're AC

Much of the search I have found on this issue has been related to the USB module and a couple were just to turn off cache locally in the app which I have always done anyhow.
2018-3-8
Use props
James R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1423871 ft
United States

What tablet are you using?
2018-3-8
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
United States

James R Posted at 2018-3-8 23:27
What tablet are you using?

Samsung Tab S3 and S8+ cell phone both are working perfectly on my P34K and the tab has worked perfectly on another guys P3P not a tablet issue for sure the tab is on the list of good devices for this stuff and it specs well I have 2 GB of memory free all the time
2018-3-9
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
United States

Update to my issue I put the P3P in the air today flew 6 batteries, first battery I forgot to fold out my antennas until I was in the air and out 1000 feet when I got the weak transmission alert and started getting a few pixels as soon as I touched the antennas I got a lot of Pixels and large black blocks rolling down the screen I lightly shook the RC and got them again.  I played around getting it to happen on purpose till I was at 30% and landed. every time I barely moved the RC around or touched the antennas I got interference and Large Black Pixels. I flew 3 of the 6 batteries with the RC sitting on the trunk of my car so I couldn't vibrate it any and I had zero issues with Pixels. I found out yesterday with the Help of forum user Dirty Bird that my RC is a first Gen and may be older then the seller I bought it from indicated. My AC does have the older style motors as well. this isn't a iron clad way to determine its Use because it could have sat on a shelf for a bit till it sold, but it could be well used also. I'll probably never know, nor do I care so long as I get it working properly.  My thought is that the antenna wires running inside the antennas may have broken insulation right at that pivot joint due to being folded in and out over the life time of the RC.  
2018-3-11
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4

Update on my issue I pulled the antenna wires out found a break in the center wire on the antenna cables was as I suspected probably due to antenna being folded in and out over time. New DBS installed and all is well now the new DBS DBS02.2X for the P3P now has a new antenna adjustable mount and clean install kit included no more drilling holes. I'm a happy camper Thanks for all the help folks with trying to figure out this issue its much appreciated  
2018-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules